+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBBS doctor in Canada

7r1nity

Sep 19, 2018
HI, I wanted to know whether an MBBS doctor from India will be able to practice in Canada? What is the process? How much time will it take?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would strongly discourage moving to Canada if you want to continue practicing in Canada. You will have to pay quite a lot to pass a few exams and then will have to compete for a very small number of spots so you can redo your residency. Most spots are family medicine and most IMG (international medical graduates) don't get a spot, Residency spots go to Canadian students first, then Canadian students that studied abroad and the thousands of IMGS compete for whatever few spots are left. There are a few small programs training IMGs to become GPs in underserved communities. Sure there is lots that you can read if you google it. It is a very expensive and time consuming process with no guarantees you can practice in the end,

Last edited:

Doc 3112

Jun 25, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-05-2018
Hello,
Even i want to know about career prospects in canada for img ...?

parttimebasement

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
HI, I wanted to know whether an MBBS doctor from India will be able to practice in Canada? What is the process? How much time will it take?
Sorry but Canada does not give any chance to IMG doctors and you will have hard time.
The doctors in Canada operate the cartel and have to make sure there is low supply to maintain high wages.
If all the doctors from third world come here then we will have doctors getting minimum wage in canada like Cuba.

But the good news is if you settle here then your kid can become a doctor easily compared to you based on the fact that you are a IMG now but your kid will be a citizen then.