May AOR 2017 - Join here.

nazmulhoque

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
Waiting
I have been asked to pay my RPRF . Does that mean my PPR is approved ?
Your application is likely to be approved. You are on a very good track. CIC asks for RPRF when the processing is almost done and the result is likely to be positive. If they were to refuse your application they wouldn't have asked for the RPRF, which is refunded in case of a refusal. Best of luck!

zawasthiz

Feb 6, 2017
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-05-2017
Med's Done....
05-07-2017
Your application is likely to be approved. You are on a very good track. CIC asks for RPRF when the processing is almost done and the result is likely to be positive. If they were to refuse your application they wouldn't have asked for the RPRF, which is refunded in case of a refusal. Best of luck!
Interesting observation!!! Similarly, what in your experience would be the 'identification signal' for candidates who paid RPRF upfront?

nazmulhoque

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
Waiting
Interesting observation!!! Similarly, what in your experience would be the 'identification signal' for candidates who paid RPRF upfront?
If you pay RPRF upfront and subsequently your APR is refused during the processing of your APR then your RPRF is duly refunded. However, in this case since they have requested for the RPRF, it can be predicted that the application is likely to be approved. They wouldn't have asked for RPRF if they intended to refund it. My interesting observation will be clearer to you if you check out the following CIC web-link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/next_steps.asp

At the bottom of this webpage it's explicitly mentioned:

Decision on your application
We will make a decision on your application based on if you:

• meet the eligibility criteria for the program
  • are admissible to Canada, based on the results of your:
    • medical exam
    • police certificates
    • background checks
You will need to pay your Right of Permanent Residence fees, if you haven't already.

Confirmation of permanent residence
If we approve your application, we will issue you a:

• Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)
  • a permanent resident visa (if you're from a country that requires visas)

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
AOR date : 4th May
Medicals Passed : May 29th
IP1 : May 30th and it was there for two weeks I believe
N/A 2 : June 15th - 20th
Since that day, it stuck at N/A2
Application : CEC Inland

Application Status : We are processing your application, we will send you a message when there is an update .....
Final Decision : Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message ....

My status is in N/A for the last more than a month.. Does any have any idea what does this mean ? its been 85 days since my AOR.
Tensed

I have got my BOWP last week ( I applied on May 5th ) , but no update on PR application

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
I just saw a case refused after paying RPRF on request from CIC, this is no criteria to be sure of eligibility passed. Just speculation based on common logic that why would they ask for RPRF only to refund, it might not hold true for all for cases.

Reactions: KiranK

zawasthiz

Feb 6, 2017
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-05-2017
Med's Done....
05-07-2017
I just saw a case refused after paying RPRF on request from CIC, this is no criteria to be sure of eligibility passed. Just speculation based on common logic that why would they ask for RPRF only to refund, it might not hold true for all for cases.
Exactly my point. Thanks.

Anyways, heartiest congratulations to you on CoPR. All the best for the journey ahead!!

Reactions: gurik and KiranK

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Can you post more details or link to that "case"?

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
IP2 is a very good signal for application being on right track, though there are exceptions and people have rejections at IP2 also. So till you get the golden e-mail you can never be 100% sure my friend.

Reactions: zawasthiz

Altim

Jul 31, 2017
Hi guys!
Would you be able to tell what stage is the application in and approximate wait time (based on your experience)?:)

CEC
AOR: May 18
Med passed: 31 July 2017 (OH MY GOD, FINALLY AN UPDATE!!!!:0)
Background: We are processing your background check ... (changed on 31 July 2017-the same date as Medicals)

Last edited:

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Hi guys!
Would you be able tell what stage is the application in and approximate wait time (based on your experience)?:)

CEC
AOR: May 18
Med passed: 31 July 2017 (OH MY GOD, FINALLY AN UPDATE!!!!:0)
Background: We are processing your background check ... (changed on 31 July 2017-the same date as Medicals)

Mine is almost same as yours.. No Clue at what stage it is right now.. IP1 was quick, but N/A2 is there forever .... Here is my post regarding that:

AOR date : 4th May
Medicals Passed : May 29th
IP1 : May 30th and it was there for two weeks I believe
N/A 2 : June 15th - 20th
Since that day, it stuck at N/A2
Application : CEC Inland

Application Status : We are processing your application, we will send you a message when there is an update .....
Final Decision : Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message ....

My status is in N/A for the last more than a month.. Does any have any idea what does this mean ? its been 85 days since my AOR.
Tensed

I have got my BOWP last week ( I applied on May 5th ) , but no update on PR application

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Did any one get BOWP after getting PPR request .. ?? I know that's strange but many of my friends got their BOWP after getting PPR..

I got my BOWP last week, but no update on PR file