+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

srigade

Aug 21, 2013
My case is unguent, so there is no such a surprise!
Congratulations, i am an april applicant requested for urgent processing too. Any idea what would be the time line once AOR is received in urgent processing.

also how does AOR looks like ?

ammuan2020

Apr 17, 2020
Please update mine:
Single applicant
Application sent: May 19, 2020
Delivered: May 26, 2020
AOR: Aug 19, 2020
Started Processing: TBD
congratulation !!! can you please let me know how you fined out your AOR? via your email or your mail box? I'm April 2020 applicant

Last edited:

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
My case is unguent, so there is no such a surprise!
Hi AB-AM,

Congratulations on AOR. I submitted my application on June. However, as i received federal offer, as this is required Citizenship. I sent CSE to request Urgent Processing after i sent my initial application.

I do not know whether they can trace my application, and processing it. I requested Urgent Processing after I sent my application. Please can you advise. i have not received response to the CSE.

Any advise would be helpful.
Thank you
Regards
Nathaniel

alaadin

Jun 30, 2019
Hi AB-AM,

Congratulations on AOR. I submitted my application on June. However, as i received federal offer, as this is required Citizenship. I sent CSE to request Urgent Processing after i sent my initial application.

I do not know whether they can trace my application, and processing it. I requested Urgent Processing after I sent my application. Please can you advise. i have not received response to the CSE.

Any advise would be helpful.
Thank you
Regards
Nathaniel
They don't typically reply from what I heard. They evaluate either it is truly urgent and they can do something about it, in which case you should see yourself ahead of other people. Or they just ignore and throw it into the regular pile. Apparently they get too many urgent processing requests.

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
They don't typically reply from what I heard. They evaluate either it is truly urgent and they can do something about it, in which case you should see yourself ahead of other people. Or they just ignore and throw it into the regular pile. Apparently they get too many urgent processing requests.
Thank you. I requested Urgent Processing after i sent application. If they want to consider my case as an Urgent, they need to pull my application from Mail room. According to Agent, he suggested to send one more application rather than waiting to pull the old one from mail room, which no one know when this will happened.

I will wait, and see unless i will send one more CSE with reference to previous CSE.

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Thank you. I requested Urgent Processing after i sent application. If they want to consider my case as an Urgent, they need to pull my application from Mail room. According to Agent, he suggested to send one more application rather than waiting to pull the old one from mail room, which no one know when this will happened.

I will wait, and see unless i will send one more CSE with reference to previous CSE.
Hi! If you get an update on your application, please update us in the June thread. If they open your application then it's a sign that they might be opening other June applications as well!

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi All,

I got a doubt, i am not sure whether wrong or right. Any Suggestion will be helpful.

I landed in 2016, became a PR. When i filled Physical Presence Calculator, it was stated Eligibility Period (5 years from 2020) i.e Your Eligibility Period 2015-2020.

My Questions are as below:

1. Do i need to enter from 2015, technically i became PR in 2016
2. In the application question # 10, list all addresses during the fiver year eligibility period, Again I am not sure do i need to start from the date i became a PR or before that as per Physical presence calculator as it was showing eligibility period (2015-2020)
3. Question # 11 also same as 10, what you have done in five years eligibility period

I do not understand irrespective of PR eligible date, do i need to enter everything for five years (before PR)

I sent my application from the date became a PR. I am not sure whether i did mistake or it's fine. Please advise
Thank you

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi All,

I got a doubt, i am not sure whether wrong or right. Any Suggestion will be helpful.

I landed in 2016, became a PR. When i filled Physical Presence Calculator, it was stated Eligibility Period (5 years from 2020) i.e Your Eligibility Period 2015-2020.

My Questions are as below:

1. Do i need to enter from 2015, technically i became PR in 2016
2. In the application question # 10, list all addresses during the fiver year eligibility period, Again I am not sure do i need to start from the date i became a PR or before that as per Physical presence calculator as it was showing eligibility period (2015-2020)
3. Question # 11 also same as 10, what you have done in five years eligibility period

I do not understand irrespective of PR eligible date, do i need to enter everything for five years (before PR)

I sent my application from the date became a PR. I am not sure whether i did mistake or it's fine. Please advise
Thank you
1. Yes. I believe there is a FAQ for the online physical presence calculator. When you click on that they indicate that you need to input info for 5 years even if it is before PR date
2. Yes, again everything in your five year eligibility date even it is before PR
3. Yes, again everything for the five year eligibility date even if it is before PR

Others can chime in but I suspect if you didn't provide info for the 5 year eligibility the application will be considered incomplete and returned.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hello May Applicants!
I would very much appreciate being added to the spreadsheet.
These are the details I have to hand:
Application Posted: May 10th
Application Received: May 15th
No other updates to date.
Many thanks! I look forward to getting to know the May applicants over the next 12 months!

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
1. Yes. I believe there is a FAQ for the online physical presence calculator. When you click on that they indicate that you need to input info for 5 years even if it is before PR date
2. Yes, again everything in your five year eligibility date even it is before PR
3. Yes, again everything for the five year eligibility date even if it is before PR

Others can chime in but I suspect if you didn't provide info for the 5 year eligibility the application will be considered incomplete and returned.
Thank you. I got the below link. If you refer below link.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq#Q1

Time as a Permanent Resident in Canada within the eligibility period
01JAN2016 to 31MAR2016 = 91 calendar days

01APR2016 to 31MAR2017 = 365 calendar days

01APR2017 to 31MAR2018 = 365 calendar days

91 + 365 + 365 = 821 calendar days

821 days – 57 days absent = 764 total days physically present in Canada as a permanent resident

Physical Presence = 365 + 764 = 1129 days physical presence. You are eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship

We encourage applicants to apply with more than the minimum requirement of 1095 days of physical presence, to account for any miscalculations of absences, or any other aspect that could lower the physical presence total below 1095 days

Do i need to enter as an absence before became PR?

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Hi all, just discovered this thread! :)
Please add me to the tracker:

Single applicant
Application sent: May 20, 2020
Delivered: May 25, 2020
AOR: -

ShamsNalakath

Sep 7, 2017
Hi All,
I also just discovered this thread :)
Please find my status
Application Sent: May 16, 2020
Delivered: May 22, 2020
AOR:--

Reactions: Matar

Matar

Star Member
Nov 13, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/8/2007
Doc's Request.
25/9/2009
IELTS Request
30/09/2010
Med's Request
17/7/2012
Med's Done....
14/9/2012
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
5/3/2015
Hello May Applicants!
Oh I was searching for any similar group, i am so anoyyed from CIC, anyhow i would very much appreciate being added to the spreadsheet.
Application Posted: May 9th
Family application.
We just renewed our PR on Feb 2020, I hope this will help.
NO UPDATE so far@#÷%&€£,#*×_$%

One of my friends applied for his citizenship on Feb 2020, he just received acknowledgment from CIC (it's almost 6 months) , is that means we should expect to hear from CIC by Nov 2020?????!! Its too much!?!
I look forward to getting in touch with you guys.
Thank you

Matar

Star Member
Nov 13, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/8/2007
Doc's Request.
25/9/2009
IELTS Request
30/09/2010
Med's Request
17/7/2012
Med's Done....
14/9/2012
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
5/3/2015
Hello May Applicants!
Oh I was searching for any similar group, i am so anoyyed from CIC, anyhow i would very much appreciate being added to the spreadsheet.
Application Posted: May 9th
Family application.
We just renewed our PR on Feb 2020, I hope this will help.
NO UPDATE so far@#÷%&€£,#*×_$%

One of my friends applied for his citizenship on Feb 2020, he just received acknowledgment from CIC (it's almost 6 months) , is that means we should expect to hear from CIC by Nov 2020?????!! Its too much!?!
I look forward to getting in touch with you guys.
Thank you
Hi Admin,
Plz add my above info to the spreadsheet, and where I can see that spreadsheet?