+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Brommista

Sep 29, 2020
Same. I got an eligibility pass recommendation in August, and no update since then. My guess is that someone quit their job and they didn't re-assign the files and just waited until a replacement was hired to take over those files months later lol
Same here. AOR may 6 recommended pass from last four months and no update since then. Is there anything we can do so the officer knows that he has people waiting from more than 8 months without updates.

Last edited:

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Same here. AOR may 6 recommended pass from last four months and no update since then. Is there anything we can do so the officer knows that he has people waiting from more than 8 months without updates.
Good to know it’s not just me!! But not good that there’s multiple people in our situation. I really hope they get back to our files soon. I don’t know if there’s anything we can do other than wait. The agent on the phone told me to raise a webform if I urgently need my PR to be processed, but for me it’s not really urgent as I’m already in Canada with an active work permit.

Brar2698

Jul 23, 2020
AOR May 25th, CEC inland - I just spoke with IRCC for an update and the agent said that nobody has touched my application since my eligibility was recommended pass in August. 5 months of it just sitting there! I think it’s going to be an extremely long wait for me
Same here may25. Execpt elegibity passed on September 8. No one touched the file after that. Criminality, info sharing in progress since then. Security not even started!!

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Same here may25. Execpt elegibity passed on September 8. No one touched the file after that. Criminality, info sharing in progress since then. Security not even started!!
Exactly same situation here

abhishek_p81

Oct 26, 2018
Good to know it’s not just me!! But not good that there’s multiple people in our situation. I really hope they get back to our files soon. I don’t know if there’s anything we can do other than wait. The agent on the phone told me to raise a webform if I urgently need my PR to be processed, but for me it’s not really urgent as I’m already in Canada with an active work permit.
I am in the same boat, after eligibility recommended pass my file is untouched from more than 4 months. This is strange that we can request IRCC to process our file Urgently, because when I asked IRCC agent that if I can do something so that officer pick my file he simply said, no just wait. So I have a question if we raise a webform and ask them to process our file urgently, could this have a negative impact on our file, any idea

Cccchloe

Aug 19, 2020
I am in the same boat, after eligibility recommended pass my file is untouched from more than 4 months. This is strange that we can request IRCC to process our file Urgently, because when I asked IRCC agent that if I can do something so that officer pick my file he simply said, no just wait. So I have a question if we raise a webform and ask them to process our file urgently, could this have a negative impact on our file, any idea
I don’t think raising webform would bring any negative impact as long as all our application documents meet the EE requirements. Same situation for me, no one touched my profile since last September, I have submitted a webform this Wednesday. Would rather do something than just wait. Good luck to all May AORs.

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
I don’t think raising webform would bring any negative impact as long as all our application documents meet the EE requirements. Same situation for me, no one touched my profile since last September, I have submitted a webform this Wednesday. Would rather do something than just wait. Good luck to all May AORs.
I have raised a web form on the 27th of December, so far got no reply. Eligibility passed in August 2020. AOR May 30th.

Yubsco

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
21-05-2020
My AOR is May 21 and by July we where ask to pay the additional fee for Immigration application which we did and uploaded it but a week later we got a mail from IRCC that our application has been cancel due to inability to pay the extra fee. After so many calls and web forms IRCC sent another mail to apologize for an oversight and on August 7th our application was re-open.
Medicals passed August 7. Biometrics October 16. My complection bar has been 100% since Nov 21. No update nothing till date, background check is still on processing. @legalfalcon have you come across any case like mine?? Am I still a May AOR or August AOR. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My AOR is May 21 and by July we where ask to pay the additional fee for Immigration application which we did and uploaded it but a week later we got a mail from IRCC that our application has been cancel due to inability to pay the extra fee. After so many calls and web forms IRCC sent another mail to apologize for an oversight and on August 7th our application was re-open.
Medicals passed August 7. Biometrics October 16. My complection bar has been 100% since Nov 21. No update nothing till date, background check is still on processing. @legalfalcon have you come across any case like mine?? Am I still a May AOR or August AOR. Thanks
The status bar only represents the time elapsed and not the actual processing of your application.
As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

As per the 2019 data, you are well within the average processing time. You can send a webform to enquire about the status of your application and at what stage your application is at.

Given that you were sent the RPRF your eligibility should have been passed or about to be passed. To read on eligibility see #2,520

Reactions: Yubsco
Jul 24, 2018
Aor-May 6th
Rprf requested- 6th oct
Biometrics:-14th Oct updated next day
Vo:- ottawa office
Cec- inland toronto
Spoke to 3 agents till now since
everything passed just final decision pending since 25th

I don't understand what IRCC is doing?
They are giving ita approximately 10k/ month and no improvement in processing applications

frustration at peaks

anyone on same boat?
SAme thing for me too, waiting waiting waiting

Aham.F

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
Med's Done....
16-07-2020
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
LANDED..........
10-07-2022
Hi everyone. Just curious to know how the work experience is verified, given my situation as follows:
My hospital (workplace) was part of an international group of hospitals, on the letterhead of which I submitted the documented detailing my work experience. But recently, my hospital was renamed, merged with another group (but with same corporate staff) and most of the administrative personnel at my hospital replaced including the HR director who had signed off my documents.
So do I need to obtain a new experience letter proactively? Would really appreciate some advice, particularly from the experts on this forum (@legalfalcon @caipsnotes ).
TIA :)