+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

mvdr

Jun 30, 2015
Hey all!
I was originally scheduled for taking the oath in March but it got cancelled.
Today I got a video oath invite for July 28, Vancouver office. There was no phone call.
Thanks
Congratulations. Did you just receive an email or got an update on ECAS?

DanielQ

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Hey all!
I was originally scheduled for taking the oath in March but it got cancelled.
Today I got a video oath invite for July 28, Vancouver office. There was no phone call.
Thanks
Hi, when was your original oath scheduled in Vancouver? Also did you receive an email for the virtual oath invitation or call? Thanks,

jenchua0117

Feb 7, 2020
Winnipeg, MB
Another friend also got his Oath today. We all were scheduled together on April 7th, so something is moving in Winnipeg. Virtual Oath !!!
When was his original oath-taking date? Did they call your friend or they inform him through email?

I was supposed to have my oath taking on Mar 16, but was cancelled due to covid and until now I haven't got any invite.

Thank you in advance.

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the link for the sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=270862106

Even if you updated us in the last few weeks, be kind and update us again
Hello,
Could you please add my info to the spread sheet as follows:

Family of 2 - applied separately
Wife:
Application Received on July 10, 2019
AOR received September 27, 2019
Started processing on November 18, 2019
Fingerprints requested on December 2, 2019
Citizenship Test done on February 6, 2020

Husband:
Application Received on July 26, 2019
AOR received October 16, 2019
Started processing on November 19, 2019
Fingerprints requested on February 4, 2020
Citizenship Test done on February 13, 2020

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hello Everyone...... I want to give you all an update on my citizenship... I finally got my virtual oath invite on the July 23,2020.... I will take my virtual oath on August 10th at 11:00am.. So can you please update my status. Im a Windsor Ontario applicant if any one need to know... Will keep you all posted on the virtual oath ceremony when it happen

Soon_Canadian88

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hello Everyone...... I want to give you all an update on my citizenship... I finally got my virtual oath invite on the July 23,2020.... I will take my virtual oath on August 10th at 11:00am.. So can you please update my status. Im a Windsor Ontario applicant if any one need to know... Will keep you all posted on the virtual oath ceremony when it happen
Congratsssssss.... Where you already scheduled for an oath and got cancelled? Myself and my wife are Decision Made since November and still waiting. Thank you and all the besttttt

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Congratsssssss.... Where you already scheduled for an oath and got cancelled? Myself and my wife are Decision Made since November and still waiting. Thank you and all the besttttt
I was not scheduled for any oath ceremony all.. I think why i got the Virtual Oath Ceremony is because i told them im a from line worker because i drive Transport Truck.. So i hope you will hear from them very soon and that you for wishing me all the best. Once i do the ceremony i will text and let it know how it goes.

Reactions: Soon_Canadian88

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hi all,
I took the oath today.
It was a short but nice video ceremony and I affirmed in French and English as well as cut my PR card. The confirmation is due in the post in 2-4 weeks.
What an adventure it has been!
Good luck everyone.
Congrats on taking your oath... I have a question.... Did you have to sing the national anthem or they just tell you what to say during the ceremony... im a bit nervous but i think i will do good though when my times come... One last thing... what paper did you have to sign and send it back to them...

sloboswede

Jul 30, 2013
Congrats on taking your oath... I have a question.... Did you have to sing the national anthem or they just tell you what to say during the ceremony... im a bit nervous but i think i will do good though when my times come... One last thing... what paper did you have to sign and send it back to them...
Hi,
It was just me, an official and a another public servant so there was no singing. As far as i remembered it went something like this:

- show two pieces of ID
- answer some questions about citizenship responsibilities
- take the oath (you get prompts, there were only me, an official and another public servant there)
- cut the PR card
- show landing record/IMM 1000 (i'm not sure why, but since I don't have anything else until the citizenship confirmation arrives, not sure about the details)
- sign paper and post or sign pdf electronically and email

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Hi,
It was just me, an official and a another public servant so there was no singing. As far as i remembered it went something like this:

- show two pieces of ID
- answer some questions about citizenship responsibilities
- take the oath (you get prompts, there were only me, an official and another public servant there)
- cut the PR card
- show landing record/IMM 1000 (i'm not sure why, but since I don't have anything else until the citizenship confirmation arrives, not sure about the details)
- sign paper and post or sign pdf electronically and email
We're still waiting for test invite for my mom. We applied in May 2019.
For virtual oath, I always thought it's a group oath...hm...interesting to know it's one person.. So now I wonder how that works for my mom, who doesn't speak English at all (75 years old). Sure I'll be there as interpreter, but the oath itself, I don't know how she's gonna read it out loud.

Never mind. Just curious.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
We're still waiting for test invite for my mom. We applied in May 2019.
For virtual oath, I always thought it's a group oath...hm...interesting to know it's one person.. So now I wonder how that works for my mom, who doesn't speak English at all (75 years old). Sure I'll be there as interpreter, but the oath itself, I don't know how she's gonna read it out loud.

Never mind. Just curious.
Hi,

Based on my personal experience and few members who shared theirs here,I believe IRCC has slowly started increasing the number of applicants in the virtual ceremony but not like 10s or 20s, still in single digit which is manageable.

I had mine yesterday along with another applicant. But in your mother's case I think it might still be one person only as she is elderly.

As and when she gets a virtual oath invitation, please don't worry the IRCC clerk and judge are very friendly and accommodating as they are aware of the challenges of conducting the oath ceremony virtually. Yesterday, in my ceremony too there were few interruptions due to network problem and they were super cool as it was happening not just on the applicant's side but also on their side.

Coming to the language part, I do not speak or understand French but we were given oath in both languages. I just repeated the sound I heard while taking the oath in French and the judge was saying one or two words at a time so that the applicant can repeat them with least issue and waited patiently for us to complete. But I understand the challenges of an elderly person. While you are waiting for the invite you may want to google and download the oath audio for your mother and practice with her so that she will be confident. Again just my opinion but it's up to you how you would want to proceed. In any case, all the best for your mother's oath invitation and the actual ceremony.

Take care.