+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

hanuz06

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hello..I noticed that in ecas, mailing address is old one. What did you do? In application I noted that mailing address was the same as current residence address.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Hello..I noticed that in ecas, mailing address is old one. What did you do? In application I noted that mailing address was the same as current residence address.
Maybe submit a webform to notify them of this error and have it corrected?
They may have pulled up the data from your PR application..
when I called them a few weeks ago (before aor) they asked me to clarify my address as they had a few old ones on file

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Also.. i just checked and when you login it does give you an option to update your address.

mazda19

Mar 16, 2019
I called them, and an agent said we received your application on May 9th. But it was never opened by any officer. There is no note.. call back in a month for an update.. Unfair Process :(

Ashot

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Ottawa
I called them, and an agent said we received your application on May 9th. But it was never opened by any officer. There is no note.. call back in a month for an update.. Unfair Process :(
Just talked to an agent as well, they even didn't know they received the application package in May, so they asked for CanadaPost tracking # (maybe to verify) and told me to wait another 2-3 weeks...

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Then what date to put in "*Date new home address is effective:"? Shall I put backdate?
I would backdate it but also I absolutely encourage you to call and submit a webform.. just to cover all angles. You can get their input and be 100% sure on how to address the situation

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Totally agree! Don’t get discouraged.. if I were you i would keep calling and ask to escalate . Some people will tell you to patiently wait.. but it’s a passive attitude that did not work for me. So if you can/ want, submit a webform and call until you find a decent agent who will escalate internally

Reactions: mazda19

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Just talked to an agent as well, they even didn't know they received the application package in May, so they asked for CanadaPost tracking # (maybe to verify) and told me to wait another 2-3 weeks...
Don’t know when your app was received, but if it was early or mid may, I think you should have either received your AOR or should be coming this week. I would not suggest to just wait 2 weeks.. Most IRCC agents are trying to give you a standard response that requires them the least amount of effort. But if you get the smart, empathetic/ non lazy agent, he/ she will do that extra step of escalating it internally

Ashot

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Ottawa
Don’t know when your app was received, but if it was early or mid may, I think you should have either received your AOR or should be coming this week. I would not suggest to just wait 2 weeks.. Most IRCC agents are trying to give you a standard response that requires them the least amount of effort. But if you get the smart, empathetic/ non lazy agent, he/ she will do that extra step of escalating it internally
Thank you for response. The agent was nice, she asked for my UCI and verified all details with me, also she told me she sent internal message with all details and I don't think it was a standard answer as she spent almost 25 mins with me clarifying all details, because I marked my app for urgent processing. Anyway, I hope I will have something this week.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Thank you for response. The agent was nice, she asked for my UCI and verified all details with me, also she told me she sent internal message with all details and I don't think it was a standard answer as she spent almost 25 mins with me clarifying all details, because I marked my app for urgent processing. Anyway, I hope I will have something this week.
Glad to hear that! Well sounds like she did her part :).. if she escalated internally, then you should be okay. Keep us posted

lsy6621956

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
My ECAS shows
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 8, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 9, 2019.
I am wondering whats the next step???

hanuz06

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
I won't be surprised if you get AOR today))