+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

Saupri

Sep 19, 2018
Hi
My application is in sinp OID.i have received my apron 13 sep 2018.i have completed my MR. How long does to take time for getting PPR?
Please reply

Ice1987

Jul 31, 2018
Just called CIC to check if any progress in my application. AOR 24 May. Everything in progress. No updates at all. Time to go back to sleep again :)

Reactions: La Panic

anushaji2010

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2018
AOR Received.
19-05-2018
After 5 years of being unable to write the IELTS exam because IDP, Hyderabad was unable to provide me a special needs requirement, BC Bangalore agreed and I gave my IELTS attempt. Thankfully, I had to give it just once! After a long rollercoaster ride, finally, another chapter draws to a close and a new one begins. PPR!!

IELTS - 16th Dec 2017
IELTS score - 8/8/7.5/7
ECA - 13th March 2018
CRS - 446
NOC - 2132
ITA - 11th April 2018
AOR - 20th May 2018
IP1/MEDS PASSED - 10th June 2018
IP2 - 18th September 2018
Ghost Update - 19th September 2018
PPR - 20th September 2018

Two calls made to IRCC.
No GCMS ordered.
OTTAWA VO.
FSW Outland with 2 dependents.

The wait is long but worth it!!!

That said, I'll burst a few myths as below:

1. Don't join any AoR WhatsApp and Telegram groups - I've warned you. The over analyzing, over speculating crowd sometimes brings you to the edge of despair. Guys, there's no reliable database out there to analyse patterns, and each case is unique so don't look at others timelines and wonder "why him, why not me". It's pointless, energy sapping and gives an unrealistic picture.

2. Don't order GCMS notes before 100 days from AoR - There's no point. It's not going to affect your file in anyway. Any how, my plan was to order them only at the 150 day mark. By then I'd know that my file is seriously stuck and I'd like to know where.

3. Don't send additional documents after panicking and seeing "Review Required" on your GCMS notes - Remember the time you were unsure of something and looped in your boss/team lead for confirmation? Well, pretty much the same thing going on here in most cases. Most of the times, the additional documents that you send without being asked takes up the officer's/agent's time plus your file review time (plus the time taken to move other files because the officer has to look at yours) because they are bound to consider every sheet of paper you send them. So unless you want to extend the time taken to review your file, don't send any documents unless asked for. Chances of outright rejections after 3-4 month mark is pretty rare unless you've seriously messed up your case.

4. Proof of Funds - Big debate with the fluctuating currency, I know. However, IRCC have tweeted that the rate as on the date of application submission is considered, and it's the officer's discretion whether to ask for more funds or not. Think logically before rushing money into your bank accounts due to the depreciating currency. You were asked to show Proof of Funds and as on the day of submission, you have more than enough funds parked. Currency devaluation is NOT your problem!

5. Can IRCC check your bank accounts? No, I personally think they can't. Reason - I moved my funds out of my account after AoR and invested them elsewhere. Then brought them back. Then moved it out again. Had the IRCC been able to access my account, why would they ask for my signed bank statements? Yes they want to know that the documents are genuine, not if the money is there in your account or not. They can verify if the documents you've submitted are forged or not, but they cannot personally access and check current bank balances!!

6. Be productive, learn French - doesn't matter where you're moving to. Use the downtime to learn French diligently. I used Duolingo, one hour everyday. Thank me later, de rein.

7. Calling IRCC/emailing them - no use. Enough said. It helps to know where you are and assuage your curiosity, the vague picture given by the agents end up confusing you even more. It doesn't help speed up your file in any way.

One last point I forgot to add, which happens to be the root cause of most of the points above

8. Don't BLINDLY trust consultants - some of them peddle rumours to cause panic and are heavily misinformed. I'd always recommend cross checking any facts they claim.

All these are my personal observations so please follow them at your own peril.

Good luck to all the other aspirants!!
Congratulations!!!
I’d like to add that I personally agree (and have assumed) with every point that you have mentioned. I, myself have been struggling to immigrate for the last 3 years!

Hope you have a wonderful life in Canada!

BONNE CHANCE, mon ami

mguna

Sep 21, 2018
Below are my timelines.

AOR: 03rd May
Medical Passed: 8th May
Additional Document required:08 May
Additional Document Submitted:21st May
Additional Document Reviewing:10th July
Additional Document Not Application:20th August
Aug 23rd: Called CIC and lucky a nice lady picked the call and I got the below details.Forgot to ask about Visa Office
Eligibilty:Met,Criminality -Passed,Security:Not Started
Aug 25th : Applied GCMS notes and still not received.
Ghost Update: Nothing
PPR: 20th Sept

Last edited:

darshaknir

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
how many CEC applicants are still waiting for PPR?
I am may 25 AOR currently IP 2
Ordered GCMS AUG 8 did not look anything wrong.
JUST CURIOUS FOR CEC TAKING LONGER THAN FSW-O SO.....
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

shiv.nkumar

May 7, 2018
Me to CEC applicant and waiting for PPR.

AOR - 10th May
IP2 - 18th May
ADR - 26th July (baby birth certificate)
MEP - 30th July
Ghost update- 20th September
Second Ghost Update - 21st September

Kapil0007

Aug 6, 2017
Finally, the ardous journey full of excitement frustration agony and despair halts, opening the doors for a bright vibrant and peaceful life.

IELTS FIRST ATTEMPT MAR 2016 L8.5 R8 S7.5 W6. 5
LEFT THE HOPE AND PUT THE THOUGHT OF CANADA AWAY
NEARLY CAUGHT WITH THE FRADAULANT CONSULTANT PROMISING A JOB OFFER IN SASKATCHEWAN AND PR THROUGH SINP
GATHERED MYSELF AND APPEARED AGAIN FOR IELTS NOV 2017 L9 R8 S7 W7
CRS 449
PROFILE CREATED 8 DEC 2017
ITA 21 FEB 2018
AOR 14TH MAY
IP1 MED 24TH MAY
IP2 18TH SEP
GHOST UPDATE 21ST SEP
PPR 22 SEP

I know that there is challenging road ahead journey but i am confident that i will succeed.
Thanks for all the help and apologies if i have hurt someone unknowingly
Best of luck to all

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Time for my weekly post for Montreal :D:D

Are you an FSW O candidate based in USA? Or are you an inland candidate...

It is has been more than 60 days post your AOR and no progress beyond IP1? ... Your application may be at Montreal. Do order GCMS notes or call agents and find out ... Why? Because if you're at Montreal your wait likely is going to be long one! For more information please join us at Montreal thread here!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/montreal-visa-office-lets-connect-here.575300/page-24

Reactions: apcanada

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Finally, the ardous journey full of excitement frustration agony and despair halts, opening the doors for a bright vibrant and peaceful life.

IELTS FIRST ATTEMPT MAR 2016 L8.5 R8 S7.5 W6. 5
LEFT THE HOPE AND PUT THE THOUGHT OF CANADA AWAY
NEARLY CAUGHT WITH THE FRADAULANT CONSULTANT PROMISING A JOB OFFER IN SASKATCHEWAN AND PR THROUGH SINP
GATHERED MYSELF AND APPEARED AGAIN FOR IELTS NOV 2017 L9 R8 S7 W7
CRS 449
PROFILE CREATED 8 DEC 2017
ITA 21 FEB 2018
AOR 14TH MAY
IP1 MED 24TH MAY
IP2 18TH SEP
GHOST UPDATE 21ST SEP
PPR 22 SEP

I know that there is challenging road ahead journey but i am confident that i will succeed.
Thanks for all the help and apologies if i have hurt someone unknowingly
Best of luck to all
Congrats. All the best

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Time for my weekly post for Montreal :D:D

Are you an FSW O candidate based in USA? Or are you an inland candidate...

It is has been more than 60 days post your AOR and no progress beyond IP1? ... Your application may be at Montreal. Do order GCMS notes or call agents and find out ... Why? Because if you're at Montreal your wait likely is going to be long one! For more information please join us at Montreal thread here!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/montreal-visa-office-lets-connect-here.575300/page-24
Weekly? Or daily? :D :D