+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marrying my Fiancée

John2019

Aug 31, 2019
Good day Everyone,

My fiancée recently got her PR and expected to arrive(In Quebec) by end of this year and we were planning to get married next year.

My Questions:

1. Can we get married after she landed in Canada(Quebec)?

2. Does she needs to stay for a period of time before we can get married?

3. And how will be the process in case we got married?

Both of us doesn't have any clue what will/could happen once she reached Canada. But I will do whatever it takes just her to be my wife and the mother of my lovely kids.

Thank you in advance (",)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day Everyone,

My fiancée recently got her PR and expected to arrive(In Quebec) by end of this year and we were planning to get married next year.

My Questions:

1. Can we get married after she landed in Canada(Quebec)?

2. Does she needs to stay for a period of time before we can get married?

3. And how will be the process in case we got married?

Both of us doesn't have any clue what will/could happen once she reached Canada. But I will do whatever it takes just her to be my wife and the mother of my lovely kids.

Thank you in advance (",)
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Once you are married, she will need to return to Canada to submit a spousal sponsorship application. Since she is a PR, she must be living in Canada to submit the application and must continue living in Canada while the application is processed. Processing of the application will take around 12 months. If you can get a TRV approved, then you can come to Canada after you are married and she can sponsor you inland and live in Canada with her while the application is processed.

Reactions: John2019

John2019

Aug 31, 2019
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Once you are married, she will need to return to Canada to submit a spousal sponsorship application. Since she is a PR, she must be living in Canada to submit the application and must continue living in Canada while the application is processed. Processing of the application will take around 12 months. If you can get a TRV approved, then you can come to Canada after you are married and she can sponsor you inland and live in Canada with her while the application is processed.
1. Yes.
2. No.

Thank you so much Syclla for answering my questions =). I reallyx2 appreciate it. More Blessings!

John2019

Aug 31, 2019
@scylla Hello :)

Just want to ask once again if me and my fiancèe can get marry before she left for Canada? She received her PR recently.

Please advised.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla Hello :)

Just want to ask once again if me and my fiancèe can get marry before she left for Canada? She received her PR recently.

Please advised.

Thank you.
If the does this, she needs to return her PR visa, add you to the application and wait for a new COPR to be issued. She cannot land using the visa she has now.

Reactions: John2019

meshwa

Sep 17, 2019
Hello @scylla

I need your help. I am student in montreal and my boyfriend is also here as a student visa. Now we both want to marry here, we both are in montreal as student. So is it possible? And if yes then what were the procedures? And yes Does it affect later on if after 6 months one of us will apply for PR, then I hope there is no issue for the other one to get PR on the dependent of first one.If you can suggest me what can I do?