+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marry legally in Equador then sponsor her from Peru ?

OntarioGuy

Dec 3, 2007
Hi everyone,

I am looking at getting married this summer to my soon to be fiance. She is from Peru. It is very hard , time consuming and complicated getting married in Peru. We are looking at getting legally married in Equador or another nearby country then flying right back to Peru for the Church wedding.

Does anybody see this raising any red flags when I go to sponsor her after we are married ?

thanks in advance for your answers,

OntarioGuy

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
No problem as long as it's a legal marriage. Just be prepared to explain why you went to a third country to get married, 'cuz it'll look strange.

LCS

May 5, 2005
I was married in Peru and only had to provide what I thought was normal paperwork for us both. Why would Ecuador require any less or be any easier? I think they will always raise that question of why you went to Ecuador when she is a resident of Peru and it could have been done there.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
LCS said:
I was married in Peru and only had to provide what I thought was normal paperwork for us both. Why would Ecuador require any less or be any easier? I think they will always raise that question of why you went to Ecuador when she is a resident of Peru and it could have been done there.
Exactly. It's just a question to answer. But it shouldn't be a problem.