+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marry and process PR at land border - possible?

Alanmack

Feb 28, 2008
Hi there,

I'm from Ireland and my girlfriend is from Canada. We've lived together there while I was on a temporary working visa.

We had a lease, shared bills etc. We've since moved to Europe and realised we prefer life in Canada.

Now we're thinking of marrying and moving back to Canada.

I really need to be able to work once I arrive though - so I'd rather not apply from Ireland, or apply inland in Canada as it's going to take
a long time to process.

Is it possible to marry and to have a PR application processed at the border control in the airport?

Otherwise whats the fastest way that we can move back to Canad and start to work.

Thanks,
Alan

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Alanmack said:
Is it possible to marry and to have a PR application processed at the border control in the airport?
No.

Alanmack said:
Otherwise whats the fastest way that we can move back to Canada and start to work.
Come back to Canada, get married, and start and inland application. Then start looking for an employer willing to obtain a work permit for you. Chances are the inland app will be processed first. But if you get lucky and work in a field that is under pressure, you might get the work permit sooner.

The only faster way to work in Canada I can think of is if you qualify for this program:
http://canada.usit.ie/nonstudent_programme/