29-06-2010
Med's Done....
17-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-08-2010
hi guys

me and my gf met on internet 6 yrs ago .i am currently living in newzealand and she is in canada.we met in person first time in 2007 for few days in india and than i visted usa for two weeks and stayed with her family (they were visting states also).I recently went to canada and got married to her in feb and spent 3 weeks together.Firstly during our relaitionship i never wanted to live in canada because i am living in in nz for 7 yrs and have god job but she doesnot want to come here and wants me to join her in canada.I am going to file outland application in 1 week
Please help me in few questions

1 will they consider our realtionship is genuine becoz we met on internet and met in person only 3 times .
2 my parents were not in canada at the time of my marriage but her parents and freinds were there .only one of my freind came with me to canada for marriage .will this be an big issue?
3 we just had small party invited only 20 people ,got civil marriage becoz planning to have releiguous marriage in india by the end of this year. will they cosider it as fake ?
4 what things i can subbmit with my application to convince immigration
I am very scared and confuse that what sh i do ? please help me

thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you gonna try to explain and give the immigration as much information as you can (such as marriage certificate, photos of you 2, telephone records of you 2, correspondence between you 2) .

Aucknz said:
hi guys

me and my gf met on internet 6 yrs ago .i am currently living in newzealand and she is in canada.we met in person first time in 2007 for few days in india and than i visted usa for two weeks and stayed with her family (they were visting states also).I recently went to canada and got married to her in feb and spent 3 weeks together.Firstly during our relaitionship i never wanted to live in canada because i am living in in nz for 7 yrs and have god job but she doesnot want to come here and wants me to join her in canada.I am going to file outland application in 1 week
Please help me in few questions

1 will they consider our realtionship is genuine becoz we met on internet and met in person only 3 times .
2 my parents were not in canada at the time of my marriage but her parents and freinds were there .only one of my freind came with me to canada for marriage .will this be an big issue?
3 we just had small party invited only 20 people ,got civil marriage becoz planning to have releiguous marriage in india by the end of this year. will they cosider it as fake ?
4 what things i can subbmit with my application to convince immigration
I am very scared and confuse that what sh i do ? please help me

thanks

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Maintaining a relationship for 6 whole years is surely some sort of proof that your relationship is sincere -- as long as you can prove it with telephone logs, or SKYPE records, hotel receipts, plane boarding passes (time spent together) etc.

The lack of a 500-guest wedding with all families present is just not practical or financially possible where the two countries are so far apart. So, just present your relationship as it is, with proof, and you should be OK.

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband and I are very similar to your situation. We met online about a year and a half ago. I'm from the states and he's from Canada. Due to his job and the economy, he wasn't able to take time off to visit me. I was able to visit him 3 times. We have phone records, web cam chat, and msn logs. With our application, we sent one email for every month, all the phone, web cam chat logs, pics, wedding pics, anything that was proof that we talk and stayed in cantact. We sent the application out and got a sponsor apporval letter and are now waiting on the desicion from the regional office in Buffalo. If you have any questions, please send a private message or reply here. I'm more than happy to help :)

Cheerios

Apr 22, 2010
I have a question for you? I am the opposite ..he is american i am canadian....Where did you get married? He plans to come here and we will get married then.. a small wedding...does he need anything special for the wedding?

Thanks

stonecold39

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby said:
Maintaining a relationship for 6 whole years is surely some sort of proof that your relationship is sincere -- as long as you can prove it with telephone logs, or SKYPE records, hotel receipts, plane boarding passes (time spent together) etc.

The lack of a 500-guest wedding with all families present is just not practical or financially possible where the two countries are so far apart. So, just present your relationship as it is, with proof, and you should be OK.
How Do you keep skype records ? normally there is no way print them hmm please let me know thanks ? that way i can print out mine too

thanks

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheerios said:
I have a question for you? I am the opposite ..he is american i am canadian....Where did you get married? He plans to come here and we will get married then.. a small wedding...does he need anything special for the wedding?

Thanks
We got married in BC at his apartment. We had a very small wedding 7 altogether, my family and his brother (the rest of his family were far away or they don't talk to each other.) We had a marriage commisioner do the ceremony. We didn't spend money on a tux or wedding dress and are not jewlery wearers. We used that money and helped an African humanatarian organization and were able to feed 2 families for a year and provide goats and chickens. (We felt it was a much better use of our money then on rings/clothes.) After that, my mother cooked a huge meal and we just had a very nice time celebrating after the ceremony. :)

Aucknz

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
Doc's Request.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
17-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-08-2010
Hi Guys

Thankyou to all of you for providing me some information and guideline.Just wanting to add some more info about my case .thanks

With my appliction i am submiting emails since nov 2004,i dont have records of all calls but i have records of all call made to her in past 3 yrs.

I am still indian citizen and will eligible for nz citenship nxt yr .now some ppl told me being indian citizen its hard to convince immigration.
i am so scared ....

What are the chances that i will have interveiw and where it will be held becoz my case will be processed in sydney (Aust) n i am in nz.

I ahve 3 ysr multiple visitor visa for canada .so any suggestion shd i go for inland or outland?.i personally don wanna live there for 6 months doing nothing while file is in process

Thanks ppl

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
stonecold39 said:
How Do you keep skype records ? normally there is no way print them hmm please let me know thanks ? that way i can print out mine too

thanks
I would call my wife on SKYPE OUT (my computer to her cel phone), and then she would turn on her computer so we could chat free.

I never learned how to print out normal SKYPE (computer to computer) conversations, but there is a history of SKYPE OUT calls you can print out, and then explain to CIC that these (daily) short calls were a signal to start a computer-to-computer chat.