+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage

ShazluvzDan

Aug 15, 2008
Hi Mr. Cohen,
My fiancee who is from Lebanon is getting his paperwork in order to come to Canada. I was wondering how long do we have to wait to get married once he is here? Also is there any special paperwork that he needs to bring to the church? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Shaz

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to wait to get married but immigration might see a red flag if you get married on the first day because it looks more like a contract marriage. You should vacation together and take a lot of pictures and then get married.

He will need his birth certificate and if he was married before, he will need proof that the earlier marriage has ended.

ShazluvzDan

Aug 15, 2008
Thx Leon.. for the info.. We weren't planning on the next day. We were thinking maybe a month or two.. Thx Again..
Shaz

ShazluvzDan

Aug 15, 2008
My fiancee tried to get paperwork from his company in Lebanon that states that he wants to go to Canada for vacation. For some reason he can't get it? Any suggestions as to why he can't get the paperwork that he needs? Any suggestions as to what he can do to get the right paperwork?
Thx,,, Shaz

nicolet

Aug 9, 2008
hey, Just a question, is he not getting it from his work? or he is not getting the visa?? My husband has been refused twice to visit, because he did not have enough proof that he will come back to Lebanon after his visa is expired! Your fiance needs to have money in Lebanon, property, and a job that requires him to return! If he cannot get the documentation from his work, i am sure he knows somone that can write up a paper for him! I wish you more luck then me and my husband!

Hope that helped a bit... keep us updated!

My case is going through damascus right now for sponsership( my husband is lebanese ) I am canadian! We are almost 9 months into our case~! Have lots and lots of patience!!