+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Tinnaneeraj

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
@legalfalcon , Hello sir. I am a BCPNP applicant having closed work permit. My PR file is in process since March 2020.Now I have to change the employer as he shuts down his business. But my concern is that the company which is ready to hire me is newly registered and will start work on 1 July 2021. Is it possible to get me a work permit for a New company ?

Sonia23

Sep 24, 2020
Aor March 2020
Inland pnp CEC with dependent outland (India)
Security not started
Rest of everything passed as per the last call to IRCC two weeks ago.As per the call our medical got extended on 20th April but it updated in portal on 7th of May. I didn’t understand what was that.
Do you have any idea how long will it take to get approval?
Did you call them or order gc notes ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , Hello sir. I am a BCPNP applicant having closed work permit. My PR file is in process since March 2020.Now I have to change the employer as he shuts down his business. But my concern is that the company which is ready to hire me is newly registered and will start work on 1 July 2021. Is it possible to get me a work permit for a New company ?
It does not matter whether a company is new or old, as long as it is registered and getting a job will make your meet the BC PNP obligation.

Canada_123

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Hello, I’m applying for express entry. I have a question regarding police clearance certificate. My husband is a permanent resident of Canada and is a non accompanying family member on my application. The document checklist on my express entry profile says he needs to submit his police clearance certificate. He only has his older police clearance certificate from 2016 from the time when he applied for his permanent resident and he hasn’t gone back to his home country since 2015. Please advise if he needs to get a new Police clearance certificate from his country for my express entry application or his old one would still work. Does he need to provide any explanation letter with it? I’m not entirely sure what we should do this case. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
Hello, I’m applying for express entry. I have a question regarding police clearance certificate. My husband is a permanent resident of Canada and is a non accompanying family member on my application. The document checklist on my express entry profile says he needs to submit his police clearance certificate. He only has his older police clearance certificate from 2016 from the time when he applied for his permanent resident and he hasn’t gone back to his home country since 2015. Please advise if he needs to get a new Police clearance certificate from his country for my express entry application or his old one would still work. Does he need to provide any explanation letter with it? I’m not entirely sure what we should do this case. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
He can submit the one from 2016 if he hasn't stayed in his home country for more than 6 months after the certificate was issued. If the certificate has an expiry date/has expired you can still use it to submit your EE application whilst he applies for a new one just in case IRCC asks for an updated copy at a later stage of your application.

See the details here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
You can apply for a job in Canada but if you get the job and even if your application is approved, you won't be allowed to enter in Canada due to tavel restrictions.
Right, but once they lift the travel restrictions, I don't think they are going to issue all the approved PRs at the same time. It might take another four months or so, depending on whether they issue them in AOR order or more randomly.
It would make sense for them to prioritize temporary work permits over PR applications.
Another way to avoid opening the floodgate would be to lift restrictions for vaccinated migrants only.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Right, but once they lift the travel restrictions, I don't think they are going to issue all the approved PRs at the same time. It might take another four months or so, depending on whether they issue them in AOR order or more randomly.
It would make sense for them to prioritize temporary work permits over PR applications.
Another way to avoid opening the floodgate would be to lift restrictions for vaccinated migrants only.
I agree with you, especially on the last point. Unfortunately it does not look like that is the plan, at the moment. Let's hope for the best!

Katatsukeru

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Got passport request today. Heres my timeline
AOR- 18th March 2020
Medical-April 2020
Biometrics-Aug 2020
Ask for funds proof update - 15th May 2021
Medical renewed-18th May 2021

Thanks everyone for the support. Will add details when I receive passport back
Hi, you are not in the Ottawa swamp right?
Which country are u from?

Katatsukeru

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Hey...me. My medicals get extended by 6 months in April. I'm a FSW O with march 31st aor.
when you got extended, is your GCMS notes showing you as "Final -approved"? I ask because I wanna know people with an "approved" (whatever that means) status still need to have medicals extended again. Thanks!

canadashine

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
COPR time
AOR: 20 Mar 2020
FSW Inland
VO Ottawa
Everything paused since June 2020 when Eligibility passed
Contacting local MP helped a lot, contacted in 20 March 2021
April 18 2021: Criminality Passed, Bridge Work permit approved, Security Started
May 18 2021: Ghost update and Security approved
May 20 2021: New Portal Request
May 23 2021: New portal login received
May 27 2021: eCOPR

Last edited:

mathnmusic

Star Member
Aug 12, 2019
COPR time
AOR: 21 Mar 2020
FSW Inland
VO Ottawa
Everything paused since June 2020 when Eligibility passed
Contacting local MP helped a lot, contacted in 21 March 2021
April 19 2021: Criminality Passed, Bridge Work permit approved, Security Started
May 19 2021: Ghost update and Security approved
May 21 2021: New Portal Request
May 24 2021: New portal login received
May 26 2021: eCOPR
Congrats!

What steps/requirements did getting the MP involved entail? At this point, I am contemplating reaching out to mine too. Another March 2020 FSW here with VO Ottawa.

Canada_123

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
He can submit the one from 2016 if he hasn't stayed in his home country for more than 6 months after the certificate was issued. If the certificate has an expiry date/has expired you can still use it to submit your EE application whilst he applies for a new one just in case IRCC asks for an updated copy at a later stage of your application.

See the details here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
Thanks