Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon /Guys,

My COPR and Visa was expired back in February/2021 and now I got email from IRCC asking to submit passport again for issuing new COPR and Visa.
Note: IRCC did not ask me for medical again.

My question is that if I submit my passport now, does anyone have any idea that what will be the expiry on my new Visa and COPR?

Thanks in advance.
The COPR and PR visa cannot be issued by IRCC beyond the validity of the applicants passport or medicals, whichever expires first. If you were not asked for a remed then your meds may have been extended.

Sep 21, 2020
The COPR and PR visa cannot be issued by IRCC beyond the validity of the applicants passport or medicals, whichever expires first. If you were not asked for a remed then your meds may have been extended.
Thanks @caipsnotes.
Is there any way to know for how many months is my medical extended? Because I don't see any update in my IRCC profile.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks @caipsnotes.
Is there any way to know for how many months is my medical extended? Because I don't see any update in my IRCC profile.
Please see below

Expiry, re-meds and extensions - If the medical results are about to expire then you may be asked for a re-medical examination, if required. If a re-med is not required then the medicals will be extended. This is how the process works - when the validity period of medical results expire or are about to expire an IRCC officer will send it for reassessment and the regional medical officer (RMO) at the IRCC Health Branch (HB) will make the determination. Based on this reassessment by the RMO the GCMS file is updated as extended or the applicant is informed to get the medical examination done again. At this time the process for reassessment is not automatic and has to be manually undertaken. Due to the manual nature of this process there can be delays in sending the file for reassessment; updating GCMS with the extension status or informing the applicant (tip - use the web-form and inquire about the status or request your GCMS file). As an applicant you can also get another medical examination done on your own accord, in which case submit the upfront sheet to IRCC via the web-form. Other things to keep in mind - if IRCC grants an extension then it will be for no more than 6 months; a re-med on other hand is valid for 1 year. Also, if you see a message on myCIC "you do not need medical exam" then it quite likely means that your medical results have been sent for reassessment.

Reactions: Annie.1011

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon /Guys,

My COPR and Visa was expired back in February/2021 and now I got email from IRCC asking to submit passport again for issuing new COPR and Visa.
Note: IRCC did not ask me for medical again.

My question is that if I submit my passport now, does anyone have any idea that what will be the expiry on my new Visa and COPR?

Thanks in advance.

If you have been asked to submit your passport, your medicals have been extended. IF they are extended, then they would be extended for 6 months form the date they expired and were re-assessed.

Your PR visa when issued will have a validity until your meds expire or when your passport expires.

Here is my note on medical extension

#13,193

Bharath9788

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
Hi. Have your lawyer make the correction. All the best
Hi @caipsnotes ,
When I brought this to my lawyer's notice, they didn't reply to me. Hence, I have raised the webform to update it. I even called IRCC asking them to update, but they said it can only be done using the webform. Feeling anxious until the email address is updated. Do we get a reply from IRCC when the email is updated, or do we need to call to check it?

DArk91

Dec 8, 2020
FSW Inland.
AOR 21 March 2020.
May 2020 Passed Medical
May 2020 Biometric request
May 2020 RCMP record request
June 2020 RPRF Request (Paid sameday)
June 2020 RCMP submitted
June 2020 Biometricsubmitted.
Dec 2020 GCMS Notes requested (Never received it - received 90 days extention)
Jan 2021 Webform raised (Change of address & country) - 30 days and counting - no answer!
Feb 2021 Ghost Update.
Feb 2021 Email saying I passed Eligibility, Criminality in process, security has not started.

I haven't received my GCMS notes up till now, today is exactly 4 month since applied to them. This is frustrating.

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Guys, any good news or movements for March 2020 aor?
I do not think so. Seems that people are not even motivated to logon to the forum, like me. I did not login for like 5 months straight and now I am back as I gained some courage and wanted to see if things are moving.

Sadly it is as it is as I left in October...!

• Sad
Reactions: Twee and dextro590
Sep 21, 2020
Please see below

Expiry, re-meds and extensions - If the medical results are about to expire then you may be asked for a re-medical examination, if required. If a re-med is not required then the medicals will be extended. This is how the process works - when the validity period of medical results expire or are about to expire an IRCC officer will send it for reassessment and the regional medical officer (RMO) at the IRCC Health Branch (HB) will make the determination. Based on this reassessment by the RMO the GCMS file is updated as extended or the applicant is informed to get the medical examination done again. At this time the process for reassessment is not automatic and has to be manually undertaken. Due to the manual nature of this process there can be delays in sending the file for reassessment; updating GCMS with the extension status or informing the applicant (tip - use the web-form and inquire about the status or request your GCMS file). As an applicant you can also get another medical examination done on your own accord, in which case submit the upfront sheet to IRCC via the web-form. Other things to keep in mind - if IRCC grants an extension then it will be for no more than 6 months; a re-med on other hand is valid for 1 year. Also, if you see a message on myCIC "you do not need medical exam" then it quite likely means that your medical results have been sent for reassessment.
Thanks @caipsnotes

Reactions: caipsnotes

G.Caio

Star Member
May 11, 2020
A friend of mine received her COPR yesterday. Her AOR was in November. It doesn't make any sense the way immigration is processing things.

CECE2020

Apr 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-02-2020
AOR Received.
23-03-2020
CEC (both me and my wife have Canadian work experience + Canadian masters degree) AOR March 23rd, 2020 and still waiting.
Eligibility passed, criminality in-progress and security not started.