Jan 18, 2020
Got passport request today. Heres my timeline
AOR- 18th March 2020
Medical-April 2020
Biometrics-Aug 2020
Ask for funds proof update - 15th May 2021
Medical renewed-18th May 2021

Thanks everyone for the support. Will add details when I receive passport back
Hi whats the latest update? are you inland CEC?

bluesparrow

Oct 9, 2020
Travel restrictions have been extended further until June 21, 2021. They have been doing it since March 18, 2020. Even if we get the CoPRs, we wouldn't be able to travel and eventually CoPRs will expire. Then there is a whole damn process to renew the CoPRs, the files are re-opened and the whole case is reviewed again in order to renew the CoPR.
I have a job offer and the offer letter was issued in Dec 2019. My employer needed me on urgent basis and they are kind enough to retain the job offer for me until now. I don't know how much longer they'll wait as this immigration process doesn't seem to be completed in near future. Who will be responsible if I loose my job, IRCC or Govt. of Canada?
Why can't they just issue CoPRs to the applicants whose files have been approved and allow them to travel with the same SOPs which they have for citizens and Permanent Residents?
OR
Why can't they issue CoPRs to the applicants with job offer whose files have been approved and allow them to travel to Canada with the same SOPs? So that they can start their jobs and don't have to live in fear.

Are there any sane people left in Govt. of Canada and IRCC ?

Last edited:

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Travel restrictions have been extended further until June 21, 2021. They have been doing it since March 18, 2020. Even if we get the CoPRs, we wouldn't be able to travel and eventually CoPRs will expire. Then there is a whole damn process to renew the CoPRs, the files are re-opened and the whole case is reviewed again in order to renew the CoPR.
I have a job offer and the offer letter was issued in Dec 2019. My employer needed me on urgent basis and they are kind enough to retain the job offer for me until now. I don't know how much longer they'll wait as this immigration process doesn't seem to be completed in near future. Who will be responsible if I loose my job, IRCC or Govt. of Canada?
Why can't they just issue CoPRs to the applicants whose files have been approved and allow them to travel with the same SOPs which they have for citizens and Permanent Residents?
OR
Why can't they issue CoPRs to the applicants with job offer whose files have been approved and allow them to travel to Canada with the same SOPs? So that they can start their jobs and don't have to live in fear.

Are there any sane people left in Govt. of Canada and IRCC ?
Don't they still allow Work Permit applications the the moment?

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Only inland candidates can apply for Bridging Open Work Permit while they wait for their Permanent Resident application result. I am an outlander.
Guess we are in the same boat. I'm FSW in USA. So you're saying it's basically impossible to apply for Canada jobs at this point if we are not in the country?

CECE2020

Apr 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-02-2020
AOR Received.
23-03-2020
I received an email from CIC requesting IMM 5669 form, Schedule A Background Declaration form to be resubmit in 7days from the day i received it. Which is today!!.

So after 14 months finally a movement in my file. However, I am pretty annoyed about the request!!. I been in Canada since 2011 btw schooling and work as a nurse through out the pendamic. Yet they want me to resubmit the form!!.

I already submit the form but its annoying and wasting my time and energy. Nothing change since last yera we all on lockdown here!!. Let's see how long it will take to receive a response from them .
I have received the same request mid April. I responded two days after that. Still waiting!

I been in Canada since 2011 btw schooling and work as a nurse through out the pendamic. Yet they want me to resubmit the form!!.
Yeah same here. I am CEC with a Canadian graduate degree yet they want to know how many years I spent in primary school and the name of the elementary and high schools!!

bluesparrow

Oct 9, 2020
Guess we are in the same boat. I'm FSW in USA. So you're saying it's basically impossible to apply for Canada jobs at this point if we are not in the country?
Not exactly.
You can apply for a job in Canada but if you get the job and even if your application is approved, you won't be allowed to enter in Canada due to tavel restrictions.
But if you are in USA, you might be allowed. Check if you will be allowed to enter with the following link:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
AOR- 18th March 2020
Medical-April 2020
Biometrics-Aug 2020

Maybe I still have 4 months to get the PPR, since I have Biometrics in December 2020 !!!

Thunderbird666

Jan 17, 2021
Usa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
21-04-2020
AOR- 18th March 2020
Medical-April 2020
Biometrics-Aug 2020

Which one is your VO?

Reactions: iona_p

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022

rkrees

May 10, 2021
Sorry another question about the IMM5669 Schedule A form that was requested from us a few weeks ago - I filled out the section for step siblings but I couldn't see anywhere for step-parents? Seems a bit strange. It's sent back now but surely they would want my step mother's details? Any ideas @legalfalcon Thank you.