+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hey Chris,
Did you try calling them, I have similar timelines as yours Monday I called one agent told me that my Application is still under review. Yesterday I called again and another agent told me that my app is approved and that it was transferred to local visa office so they can send me the final mail.
Just call I am sure you'll hear good news

Thanks very much for the advise. I will call CIC today and see if there is any change. I called them last week (Tuesday) but there was still nothing new. Moreover, my application was still in Ottawa.

Please in your case, is your profile showing IP1 or IP2? because I am still in IP 1, with BC not started

Render-yo

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Thanks very much for the advise. I will call CIC today and see if there is any change. I called them last week (Tuesday) but there was still nothing new. Moreover, my application was still in Ottawa.

Please in your case, is your profile showing IP1 or IP2? because I am still in IP 1, with BC not started
IP2 on 31 July and a ghost update on 1st August, What I understood from the agent is that the nowadays the majority of the apps won't show IP2 until it's done and if there was a ghost update then it means probably that the app was approved.
the agent I spoke to on Monday was not very helpful and even though my app was approved on August the 1st he didn't bother to tell me and he just replied that my app is still I need for a final review.

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
IP2 on 31 July and a ghost update on 1st August, What I understood from the agent is that the nowadays the majority of the apps won't show IP2 until it's done and if there was a ghost update then it means probably that the app was approved.
the agent I spoke to on Monday was not very helpful and even though my app was approved on August the 1st he didn't bother to tell me and he just replied that my app is still I need for a final review.
In my case, it is BC not started, and I have never ever received a ghost update, no ADR. Really nothing, and I paid everything upfront. I think my application is being held by an extremely lazy officer. Anyway, as you suggested, I will call today and see if there is any change.

primukh26

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Personally, I have called several times and every time they tell me the same thing as they told you. I even requested notes two times, and the two notes look identical, except the due date that changed. OAR March 2nd, MEP and IP1 March 8th, Since April 11th Eligibility recommended pass, security and criminality not started according to notes received on June 18th and July 30th. So since April 11th, my file has not even been touched by anybody. Over the phone, they keep saying all is OK.
Did you receive
I called CIC last week... And I was told Eligibility and Background have "not yet been set to pass".... I asked is there any problem... He said no no problem at all.... just "not yet set to pass"! I have been in the same boat as you guys.... and I totally understand your level of frustration... There is nothing literally nothing we can do... If you order GCMS notes it will take 1 month... if you call them it takes you atleast 30 to 40 mins to get through if you are lucky at all... Why is it so difficult?

Reactions: Pacemaker

Arod

May 15, 2017
Oh wow!! So you got a mail for the uodate?? Your aor must be around 10th March.

It's been 153 days still in ip1
Hi,

I did not get an e-mail. I just logged into my account and it said "Updated Profile", once I entered the background check message had changed. My AOR is March 14th.

Esh2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Hi,

I did not get an e-mail. I just logged into my account and it said "Updated Profile", once I entered the background check message had changed. My AOR is March 14th.
Hmmm .. by looking at the trend the Ppr is near

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Kiran,did you get the PPr mail..
I also got IP2 on 2aug and ghost update on 4th aug
AOR:11 March

Not sure what to make of ghost update..it's already been 5 months of waiting
Hi Jass1234,
Did you get an email about your shift to IP2 stage or did you understand it by checking your account? And what do you mean by "ghost update"?

Esh2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Hi Jass1234,
Did you get an email about your shift to IP2 stage or did you understand it by checking your account? And what do you mean by "ghost update"?
What is ghost update ?? Does it mean you get an email that the profile is updated and when you check nothing is updated??

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
What is ghost update ?? Does it mean you get an email that the profile is updated and when you check nothing is updated??
Either an email or when you login and see it says Updated as status instead of submitted but there is no change. It's the latter mostly.

Aug 9, 2018
Hi All,

i am march 17 2018 AOR. anyone here with similar date? i spoke to my immigration lawyer couple of days ago and he said status is 'Background check'