+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hi Guys....I have been a rather sleepy follower of this group....But a regular one....
I just wanted to ask that I applied for permanent residency via the express entry, it's been a long wait(4 Months) however, I got a mail telling me that my application is being processed at the CIO, Nova Scotia, Sydney Office. Really did seem strange to me as I think it is just the first stage. Why has it taken so much time and how much more time will it take?
hi mine is also being processed at Nova Scotia unfortunately and I heard some applications get processed there and PPR is issued from CIO as well. But I also heard that CIO NOva Scotia is very slow unlike OTTAWA. Anyone else's file stuck at CIO Nova Scotia guys??? My AOR is March 18th CEC inland.

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
hi mine is also being processed at Nova Scotia unfortunately and I heard some applications get processed there and PPR is issued from CIO as well. But I also heard that CIO NOva Scotia is very slow unlike OTTAWA. Anyone else's file stuck at CIO Nova Scotia guys??? My AOR is March 18th CEC inland.
I think the idea that Ottawa is faster than the other VO is a false reputation. Maybe that was the case in the past, but it does not apply today. There are so many of us whose files are blocked in Ottawa with no action for months. We just wish that, no matter the VO, things should at least move a bit.

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
My AOR is March second. I received my second set of GCMS notes and everything indicates that for the pass 4 months my file has not even been touched. In the first set of notes that I received on June 18, my Eligibility was "Recommended Pass" by the Case Analyst since April 11th, Security and Criminality "Not Started, and the due date was May 26th. In the second notes that I received on July 30th, everything look identical; only the due date has changed from May 26th to July 29th. So in conclusion, since April 11th, no action has been taken on my file as per the GCMS notes, and I am approaching the six months target. My file is in Ottawa. I hope all of us waiting are not in the exact similar situation.

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
But I have applied thru an agent. If I apply for GCMS, will it get delivered to my agent ? The reason why I am asking is once I emailed London VO to find out the status and they replied back to my agent saying the correspondence should always come from my agent.
When you contact IRCC regarding your application, it has to be from the email which is linked to your cic account. But for gcms, since you are not applying directly, you can order it from any email.

Reactions: varungorur2005

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
My AOR is March second. I received my second set of GCMS notes and everything indicates that for the pass 4 months my file has not even been touched. In the first set of notes that I received on June 18, my Eligibility was "Recommended Pass" by the Case Analyst since April 11th, Security and Criminality "Not Started, and the due date was May 26th. In the second notes that I received on July 30th, everything look identical; only the due date has changed from May 26th to July 29th. So in conclusion, since April 11th, no action has been taken on my file as per the GCMS notes, and I am approaching the six months target. My file is in Ottawa. I hope all of us waiting are not in the exact similar situation.
that's the journey of most files/applicants these days. It's a test of patience nothing else. Keep calm, avoid canada.ca, and one fine day, you'll get the email!

primukh26

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hi Guys,

I applied under express entry in March, 2018. The status shows "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Anybody has got PR who applied in March, 2018?

Is this the normal waiting time? I know the processing time is 6 months but was just wandering how much it is taking for other people who applied in March.

Thanks
I have been waiting... I received AOR on March 31st,2018.... passed medical on April 10th, 2018... and i have just been waiting since then.... I sent a webform to IRCC... all they say if everything is fine... you are within the processing time.... But the wait is excruciating.

primukh26

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
My application turned 4months today... No update... I cannot believe that in 4 months... that is 120 days... no update or progress was made on my application... I have tried calling them... i cannot get through... i have sent them two web forms... and both the times they have said we will inform you when there is an update... and that my application is within processing times... My fiance received his ppr in 27 days... He will be travelling soon... and unfortunately.. it looks like i will not be able to travel with him... I dont know when I will be able to... or if at all i will be able to....

Esh2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Same here .. mine is 6th March. I have ordered gcms notes. I have spoken to them thrice and yesterday also when I called. They told me that officers are still reviewing my eligibility after which the background check will begin. I.will be completing 5 months soon. Idk what to do. Does it ever take more than 6 months also to get the Ppr??

MCK6299

Jan 3, 2018
hey guys,

has anyone submitted your passport at VFS to be sent to NDVO? how many days does it usually take for the passport to get back?

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......

Received notes today..legal@falcon.. Can u tell me what does this mean? Notes 4 .. "ADDITIONAL NOTES:Under EE eligibility file shows Failed candidate. Employment letter appears to support NOC 2175 and 2174 PA meets education requirements"....
Am worried a lot... PLZ explain me..

Robion

May 30, 2018
Hi everyone!

Finally got my PPR after 4 months of waiting!

FSW-Outland (Brazil)
AOR: March 25th
Meds passed: April 6th
IP2: July 23rd or 24th (don't know exactly as I didn't get an email)
PPR: July 25th
Visa Office: Ottawa
Family of 2 (Me + husband)

Best of luck to all!! :)
Hey congratulations!!

I remember telling you to wait and you should get yours soon. I am so happy for you.

By the way, when are you planning to travel?

Last edited:
Reactions: Larissa.o

Robion

May 30, 2018
hey guys,

has anyone submitted your passport at VFS to be sent to NDVO? how many days does it usually take for the passport to get back?
Hey, VFS guys will say you would receive it back in 10 working days but be prepared to wait. There have been cases most of applicants had to wait upto 21 days to get their passport back with the visa stamp and COPR letter.

All the best.

Reactions: MCK6299

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
My application turned 4months today... No update... I cannot believe that in 4 months... that is 120 days... no update or progress was made on my application... I have tried calling them... i cannot get through... i have sent them two web forms... and both the times they have said we will inform you when there is an update... and that my application is within processing times... My fiance received his ppr in 27 days... He will be travelling soon... and unfortunately.. it looks like i will not be able to travel with him... I dont know when I will be able to... or if at all i will be able to....
Why dont you order GCMS notes, via webform they will not tell much.

fareed3621

May 18, 2018
I think the idea that Ottawa is faster than the other VO is a false reputation. Maybe that was the case in the past, but it does not apply today. There are so many of us whose files are blocked in Ottawa with no action for months. We just wish that, no matter the VO, things should at least move a bit.
my file is also in ottawa from past 130days

Render-yo

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Same thing here; the second gcms had no update at all except the due date that was pushed to 29 july. Very Frustrating when I see that this randomness in the processing of our files