+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba Business Immigration Under PNP-Move out of Manitoba

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
Hello
I got canadian Immigration and PR through Manitoba PNP Business Immigration and in Manitoba for the last more than two years. I could not get an appropriate business and even did not get an appropriate job as I am a technically qualified person.Since Manitoba is a smaller province with lesser job opprtunities and other big provinces like Ontario, Alberta and BC must be providing more job opportunities.
My question is whether I can move out of Manitoba to other province of Canada to seek better job opportunities. If so after how much time I can move out of Manitoba.
By doing so please advise whether this action will not affect my PR Status and will not make any effect on obtaining citizenship and PR status will not be disturbed.
I will appreciate if any body can guide me.
Thanks

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Have you met the requirement of the Manitoba PNP for Business?
Did you invest minimum $150,000 during your two years stay in Manitoba and received refund of security deposit of $75000?
If yes then you have no obligation to stay in Manitoba and can move out of Manitoba to any other location in Canada without affecting your status.

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
Thanks for your reply. I deposited $75000 but could not invest $ 150000 due to non availability of appropriate business. I know I am going to lose my deposit. Under these circumstances. Can I move out of Manitoba Province to another province.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you have not met the conditions of obtaining PR, then I don't believe you can qualify for citizenship and I believe your PR status will eventually be in jeopardy as well.

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
I think my question has not been understood.
I am already PR in Manitoba which I obtained two years back under Business Immigration. During my stay of two years, I could not start business. As per their terms and conditions, they will retain my deposit of $75000 but PR status will not be disturbed. Now In order to get better prospective job opportunities, I want to move out of Manitoba to other Provinces?
My question is ,whether I can move out of Manitoba after staying in for more than 2 years and my PR status and obtaining Citizenship will not be disturbed.

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
You will not get your security deposit back.
The PR status is not conditional in this case so you will maintain your status as PR in Canada.
I do not suggest that you lose your money.

Instead it should have been better if you could make the minimum required investment. As soon as you meet the requirement, you can request the refund and then move to other places.

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
Hello Riyani
Thank you very much for your reply. I need lot of investment much more than the minimum which is not possible financially. I am left with no other alternative but to lose my deposit.
I want to move out of Manitoba as there are many possibilities to get an appropriate job in other provinces. Under these circumstances, whether my PR status will remain maintained and there will be no hurdle in getting citizenship.

life2010

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Originally buffalo but now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Civil engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Nomination.....
April 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
I am sorry to hear about ur loss of deposit. Can you please share your story in detail. Why made you to choose manitoba and why we're your expectations on starting a biz. What happen and what's the real situation, how bad it is to start biz etc

This is help all other people in the forum to know why's the reality

Pls share your story in detail. Other people could save their money

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
Business opportunities are not lucrative in Manitoba and nothing is available in $150000 and in spite of investing the returns too are not good even somebody invests huge money. There is no alternative but to lose your deposit.
Under these circumstances, the PR status and getting citizenship should not be disturbed by moving out of Manitoba province after staying two years in Manitoba. This is my question if anybody can clarify this.

life2010

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Civil engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Nomination.....
April 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
Well to answer your question

Provincial biZ categories gives you Non Consitional pr

Which means you can move out

If you had applied under federal, you get conditional or in which if u don't do biz they can take back pr

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
Thanks. I am in Manitoba for the last more than two years. Is There any time limit to stay in Manitoba or any body can move out after two years.

life2010

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Civil engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Nomination.....
April 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
There is no time limit. You can move out anytime

Did you apply using a lawyer or all by youraelf

anil19

Mar 7, 2012
Thanks. I applied through myself.

If anybody else has different opinion, please suggest and comment upon.

Hello Rayani

What are your suggestions? I will appreciate your opinion too.

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Have you received letter about the status of your security deposit? Has Manitoba already decided to not refund your security deposit?

If not discuss with business office in Manitoba about your situation to know your options before you take any step to move to any other place in Canada.