+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

mailing address for PR cards

Ales

Apr 19, 2010
Hello everyone,
I would like to ask a quick question, please. We landed in November, stayed a couple of weeks and flew back to Europe before we return to Canada permanently. At landing, we provided the immigration officer with an address (of our friend) where the cards should be mailed out to. However, I don't remember filling out an application for a PR card.
We still haven't received them and I started to wonder why. I know there were some delays for the government to issue the cards recently but it seems to be quite some time already.
Thus, I wanted to ask if newly landed immigrants receive the cards as a part of the immigration process (I found this info on their web pages) and if so could the problem be that when checking my application on line I found out that my attorney's address is still on file and that's why it was not yet mailed out to the address mentioned at landing (I also read this opinion somewhere on this forum)?
If I have to I can call the government but wold like to have some general understanding prior to that.
I really appreciate any help.
With regards,
Ales

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
I am also in the same boat as far as updating the mailing address is concerned. When I completed my Landing I gave my friends address for PR Card mailing and the IO mentioned that my friends address has been updated. I also did go to change mailing address in the web and changed on 1st April. But till now the mailing address has not changed, I had read on the CIC website that it takes 15 days for the change to take effect, but its been 18 days till today and there is no change in the mailing address, would like to know if there is anyother way to do this.

Thanks

Max

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
Yes, same case with me... I updated the address online but it never showed up. So I called CIC and found out that in their records the address was updated!

Ales

Apr 19, 2010
Any senior, could you please advise us? I really don't know what needs to be done to receive the card...
Thanks a lot in advance.
With regards,
Ales

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
hi can anyone advise if it is possible for the address on the PR card and SIN card to be different?

Reason is, I am forced by circumtances to do my landing imn Vancouver and I will be using a relative's address as the mailing address. But, my plan is to stay in Toronto due to better job opportunities. As such, I will spend most of my time there researching and visiting Service Canada. Is it possible for me to have 2 different addresses on the cards? Or, must the address be identical?

imigrate

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
low said:
hi can anyone advise if it is possible for the address on the PR card and SIN card to be different?

Reason is, I am forced by circumtances to do my landing imn Vancouver and I will be using a relative's address as the mailing address. But, my plan is to stay in Toronto due to better job opportunities. As such, I will spend most of my time there researching and visiting Service Canada. Is it possible for me to have 2 different addresses on the cards? Or, must the address be identical?
You can have different addresses for the cards.