10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
We're feeling so uncomfortable sending our love letters. They're so personal :(
Anybody experienced this feeling? We're wondering if we should just send the envelopes but not the actual letters..
Also, does anyone know how to display MSN chat logs to show how often we were chatting (basically everyday)? Something like an inbox-format?
Thanks!

B

boyee6576

I know what you are going though. BUT you need to send them a copy including the envelopes. We didnt send the envelopes and when my husband was interviewed they asked to see the envelopes. I know your letters are personal and things are writen that you dont want someone else to see, but you need to let them read it since this can help prove your relationship. I know how it feels my husband and I didnt want our love letters read but if it meant that it could help prove that we were real than it was worth it.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Certainly do not feel pressured to send them all! I would say only send copies if you send any love letters at all; and yes, copy the envelopes too. I guess the decision to send or not to send depends on the quality and quantity of your other evidence.

Is it possible to send a copy of one or two that are less personal, or black mark through the really personal parts (with explanation that these parts were too personal to share) so that the IO gets the gist of your romance?

Someone else will have to help you with the chat logs...I didn't even think to send those when I applied.
Allison

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Thanks for your replies! :)
I know, it's soo hard to even make copies of them, I end up reading them all over-remembering-crying a little.. some of them are so sad and many things are so personal and said in our own words, that I feel that if someone else read them they would think it doesn't make sense!
I guess we'll just send them without thinking someone else will read them.. oh wells
Or maybe blacking out parts could work, but I might end up blacking out the whole letter! ::)
Unfortunately I don't have all the envelopes, I just kept a few seems like they were misplaced in one of the N times I moved out :( he kept all envelopes though.. do you think this might be a problem?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
What if we have not sent letters to each other? Do we start now? To try and establish something...even though we have been "together" almost 2 years.

Also, a friend was helping clean my house after my surgery and threw out the boxes that my fiance had sent with gifts in them. At the time we did not think it was that big a deal...and now everyone is talking about keeping all that stuff...so due to our ignorance on the subject and a well meaning friend I do not have that proof anymore.

The other thing is that last Dec my computer crashed badly and had to be reset to factory standards...thus we lost all our saved communication on msn...he uses cyber cafes to talk to me as he has no internet at home so his conversations are not saved...am I going to be penalized for these types of things?

The only good thing so far is that we have our communication online ie: emails and messages on the site we met on etc. I have our converstations from msn but I too would like to know how to save and print them...I have heard of people taking screen shots of the computer to show the dates and conversations.

I am just a little freaked out by all this and I have not even married him yet...LOL I guess now is as good a time as any to start????

I hope you all have great success in your relationships and with immigration.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Not a problem at all. Sending copies of the envelopes you do have proves ongoing communication (right?) even if you don't include all the letters that were inside.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
dair2dv8103100 said:
What if we have not sent letters to each other? Do we start now? To try and establish something...even though we have been "together" almost 2 years.

Also, a friend was helping clean my house after my surgery and threw out the boxes that my fiance had sent with gifts in them. At the time we did not think it was that big a deal...and now everyone is talking about keeping all that stuff...so due to our ignorance on the subject and a well meaning friend I do not have that proof anymore.

The other thing is that last Dec my computer crashed badly and had to be reset to factory standards...thus we lost all our saved communication on msn...he uses cyber cafes to talk to me as he has no internet at home so his conversations are not saved...am I going to be penalized for these types of things?

The only good thing so far is that we have our communication online ie: emails and messages on the site we met on etc. I have our converstations from msn but I too would like to know how to save and print them...I have heard of people taking screen shots of the computer to show the dates and conversations.

I am just a little freaked out by all this and I have not even married him yet...LOL I guess now is as good a time as any to start????

I hope you all have great success in your relationships and with immigration.
DON'T PANIC, dair... You can tell (I think it is actually a question in the application itself) about the gifts you've exchanged, even if you don't have any proof of them. You can also explain that your main form of communication is electronic and mention your computer crash and his use of cyber cafes. Print some emails from both your inbox and your outbox (since he can't save any this will show what you've written to him), Print some chat threads, take the screen shots (someone else will explain how I'm sure) and by all means, send each other some cards and letters!

Also, I'm guessing you are planning to apply as spouses, since you refer to your fiance. In the spousal application the burden of this extra relationship proof is less than common law since you will have one big whopper of evidence of your commitment by way of a legal document called your marriage certificate. Plus you will want to keep stuff from the wedding planning, the actual event/reception etc, and some stuff from after the ceremony. You are going to be fine. Have faith. Allison

jstmarried

Aug 17, 2009
I would send as much as you think would be enough. The most meaningfull i know all of them are but pic out a few of the bunch. You want to be as transparent as you can with the I/o this will leave no room for doubt. Quality VS quantity. I sent what was most important. Think about it this way after all this is done and your with your Fiance are you ever going to see these people again? How many letters do they go through a day???

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
In order to show the chat log in MSN you would need to have turned the logging on in the settings. The file itself is stored, I think, in your documents folder and then received files and your login name. I'll have to check when I get home as I can't remember exactly.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
I didn't send the love letters but probably now i would if i could go back. Not that i had problems with that(I don't even know if they started processing my application) but after reading this forum i imagine that the more you include the better it is. just photocopy your letters, don't even think of sending the originals, It's a waste, you are lucky if they will even return them...but my advice is to send the photocopies

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Thanks everyone for your answers!
It's true, they must be reading a big bunch of letters, they might not really pay attention to the content but I guess it counts a lot that we have those proofs and are able to send them.

Kess said:
In order to show the chat log in MSN you would need to have turned the logging on in the settings. The file itself is stored, I think, in your documents folder and then received files and your login name. I'll have to check when I get home as I can't remember exactly.
I have all the logs and yes they come in different folders for each month. I was just wondering if there was any way to make a list of them to make it easier for them to see that they're conversations more than just files.. don't know if I explained well enough :/

Thanks again!

S

SaugaBoss

its interesting when ppl get interviewed i wonder y and compare it to my friends situation...

she had an arranged marriage was engaged and then got married so total like 7 months knowing each other thats it! she had no interview nothing :S weird huh?

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
bonbon9 said:
I have all the logs and yes they come in different folders for each month. I was just wondering if there was any way to make a list of them to make it easier for them to see that they're conversations more than just files.. don't know if I explained well enough :/

Thanks again!
If you want to show the files/folders, try setting the folder view to "details" and take a screenshot (then paste and crop in paint or other program). This will depend on how the files look. Otherwise if you want the content of the chats you'll have to copy/paste into a word program and print that off.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
I know BonBon started the thread but just want to thank everyone for their help. I have saved my msn chats but needed to know if there was any way to print them. I will try this method when the time comes for me to need them.

Blessings

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Kess said:
If you want to show the files/folders, try setting the folder view to "details" and take a screenshot (then paste and crop in paint or other program). This will depend on how the files look. Otherwise if you want the content of the chats you'll have to copy/paste into a word program and print that off.
Hi!

I think this will help, thanks a lot for the advice!!

Thank you everyone for your kind answers and advice! :)