+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for a job in Winnipeg

jatinkv

May 11, 2016
Hi All,

I have been searching for a job in Winnipeg for almost 2 months now but I am not getting any part time job or full time job. I've tried registering with employment recruiters (Randstad, Pinnacle etc.) but no luck.
I worked as a Computer Programmer for more than 6 years in Dubai and hold a bachelor's degree in Information Technology. It is getting really hard to survive without a job and sometimes i think to go back to Dubai to join the same job which i left. I would really appreciate if someone can help me or advise me.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you gone to the government job centres for help? You shouldn’t not be able to get any jobs especially with IT skills. Have you been actively contacting people even people working in similar jobs over LinkedIn, networking, etc. ? You likely won’t get a reply from everyone but you should get a few replies. Asking people to meet for coffee for some career advice. It does take a while to get professional jobs so that is why you are required to have settlement funds. Getting a job should feel like your full-time job until you secure one.