+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

bojoy1783

Apr 25, 2021
Hello! I am an applicant from Qatar. My employer filed her LMIA application since December 2020, but unfortunately up until now there isn't any approval. I am worried why it took this much time. I hope someone can enlighten me what could be the possible problem.
Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you are looking for advice on the status of the LMIA so you can apply for a closed work permit? You need to talk to your employer because it is their issue. LMIA processing can take up to a year depending on your NOC. Then you apply for a work permit.

bojoy1783

Apr 25, 2021
So you are looking for advice on the status of the LMIA so you can apply for a closed work permit? You need to talk to your employer because it is their issue. LMIA processing can take up to a year depending on your NOC. Then you apply for a work permit.
Yeah! And I know it is my employer's issue. She is also wondering why it is taking this much time. I wanted to understand thoroughly. Is there any way for my employer to follow up it what is happening? I want to get some idea to suggest it to her.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah! And I know it is my employer's issue. She is also wondering why it is taking this much time. I wanted to understand thoroughly. Is there any way for my employer to follow up it what is happening? I want to get some idea to suggest it to her.
Your employer contacts the Employer Contact Centre. Phone number is on the website.