+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA exempted SOWP holder (exemption under which rule)

M.Kumar

Oct 18, 2016
Hello Experts

I am Indian National, creating EE profile. I am SOWP holder, which is LMIA exempted.
I have completed more than one year of work experience in canada with same employer with NOC Code 4214.

The following is the question during creation of Express Entry Profile.

Question : Was the positive LMIA issued for the current work permit?
i) Yes
ii) No
iii) No- My work permitis exempted from an LMIA due to an international agreement
iv) No- My work permitis exempted from an LMIA due to Fedral-Provincial Agreement
v) No- My work permitis exempted from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific

Experts please advise, which option should I select?
Thanks

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hello Experts

I am Indian National, creating EE profile. I am SOWP holder, which is LMIA exempted.
I have completed more than one year of work experience in canada with same employer with NOC Code 4214.

The following is the question during creation of Express Entry Profile.

Question : Was the positive LMIA issued for the current work permit?
i) Yes
ii) No
iii) No- My work permitis exempted from an LMIA due to an international agreement
iv) No- My work permitis exempted from an LMIA due to Fedral-Provincial Agreement
v) No- My work permitis exempted from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific

Experts please advise, which option should I select?
Thanks
As you have a OWP, it should be NO

M.Kumar

Oct 18, 2016
Are these following three options not valid for me :
If the Spouse open work permit was exempted from LMIA due to spouse work permit,(LMIA Approved)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Are these following three options not valid for me :
If the Spouse open work permit was exempted from LMIA due to spouse work permit,(LMIA Approved)

No, none of those apply to you because you have an SOWP.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk