+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA approved work permit

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Dear guys,

Agency in Pakistan offered LMIA approved work permit. They have LMIA approved work permit and saying that on the basis of work permit they will apply for visa and after visa you can do this job and after six month you can apply for residence permit with the help of employer...please guide...this is the procedure?

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Seems like a scam. Provide details. You don’t get PR after 6 months.
thanks for your response.

They are saying they have LMIA approved work permit in hand. what its mean?

After first installment they will handed over work permit on my name after two months. What its mean? If they have LMIA approved work permit then why they are not handed over to me immediately?
They are saying after two months they will apply for visa? Is this the procedure?
they are offering temporary work permit or permanent? open or close?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

After first installment they will handed over work permit on my name after two months. What its mean? If they have LMIA approved work permit then why they are not handed over to me immediately?
They are saying after two months they will apply for visa? Is this the procedure?
Sounds like a scam , have they told you who the employer is ? Do you have a job offer that is required for the LMIA/work permit ? Are they offering flights and accommodation which would imply is a scam.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

As everyone else has said, this sounds like a scam. Post the full job offer.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Sounds like a scam , have they told you who the employer is ? Do you have a job offer that is required for the LMIA/work permit ? Are they offering flights and accommodation which would imply is a scam.
They not tell about employer infact I dont know wat they r offering...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Now they are telling that this is temporary Work permit for two year contract.
1. Job is based on C & D NOC LMIA Approved
2. Temporary Work permit
3. Contract 2 Years
4. During six month of stay work visa will convert to PR.
Please advice about this information, can we get PR during six month of temporary work permit LMIA approved?
They are not telling employer name.
Anything important that is missing and I need to get information before proceed. Please advice.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Now they are telling that this is temporary Work permit for two year contract.
1. Job is based on C & D NOC LMIA Approved
2. Temporary Work permit
3. Contract 2 Years
4. During six month of stay work visa will convert to PR.
Please advice about this information, can we get PR during six month of temporary work permit LMIA approved?
They are not telling employer name.
Anything important that is missing and I need to get information before proceed. Please advice.
This is a scam as not currently possible to 'convert' a temporary work permit to become a PR in 6 months and even less likely with a NOC C/D unskilled job role.

The fact they will not even share an employer name should be enough to show this is not genuine. They are probably not sharing the name in case you contact the employer directly and in doing so expose the scam.

Walk/run away from this and do not pay any money or share any document copies

Dec 12, 2020
Hi mates,

What is the reality of Purchased job offers. Few consultants told me that they will purchase Canadian job offer (work permit) through LMIA for $35k and I can work with the same employer in Canada and I can apply PR after that. Is it true or just trap? Please advise

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi mates,

What is the reality of Purchased job offers. Few consultants told me that they will purchase Canadian job offer (work permit) through LMIA for $35k and I can work with the same employer in Canada and I can apply PR after that. Is it true or just trap? Please advise
It's a scam.

Reactions: Suleman Haider