+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

ash_pratap

Jul 13, 2020
My GTS LMIA was approved in one week. I think it was applied on July 7th and I received a positive LMIA on July 14th. The Work permit was then applied on 16th and I have a biometrics appointment setup for the 28th. Hopefully the work permit gets processed soon after that.

uv_thind

Jul 18, 2020
Here is my update from Edmonton, AB.

Dual-intent LMIA application
NOC: 6332
Job Ads: 12/2018 to 03/2019 (through an agency)
Apply: 03/30/2019
File number: 26/04/2019
Received email from an officer asking further information: 15/10/2019. We provided them all a day after.
Phone interview: 17/10/2019. The interview lasted for an hour with many questions surrounding the nature of the business and the candidate's profile.
Positive letter: 26/10/2019.

We are updating our EE profile with a job offer and waiting for the next draw. Good luck!
Hi,
I also got LMIA dual intent and got ITA in EE.
Can you please send me the sample of job letter we have to submit to EE after ITA. Do we have to submit 'Employment Letter' and 'Job offer letter' or just one.
Thanks

kchai

Mar 27, 2020
HI it’s been long time u responded what’s the update .
I finally got an interview request from ESDC. It has been months after I submitted my application on in end of February.
I am in similar situation as yours:
Application recieved - Feb 28, 2020
Payment deducted - March 09, 2020
Interview -AWAITED
Could you post an update once your employer hear from Service Canada? Thanks!
I finally got an interview request from ESDC. It has been months after I submitted my application in end of February.

kchai

Mar 27, 2020
I was interviewed and got a refusal /negative LMIA. AFTER MORE THAN 6 months of wait .....
Oh sorry to hear this. Do they provide a reason for the refusal? What did they ask in your interview? It will be extremely helpful if you could drop me some comments. Thank you so much.

Kuldeep1313

Aug 4, 2020
Hi to all
I am from india
My employer nd
lawyer from alberta apply online for lmia (noc-b, 1241 administrative assistant) On 1 may 2020.nd pay the lmia fee.then on 25 june email from esdc. You may withdraw your file or process the file yes or no . Nd 2 week advertise more. We submit yes . Till day no any response from esdc. What you say guys . I will get lmia postive or not.

raj garg

Jan 27, 2020
I finally got an interview request from ESDC. It has been months after I submitted my application on in end of February.

I finally got an interview request from ESDC. It has been months after I submitted my application in end of February.
Hey,

how did the interview go? When was your application for LMIA exactly submitted ?

please advise

thank you

MusicCana

Oct 21, 2020
Hey Folks,
My company has had the LMIA interview on Sept 30 and it went well, the officer said it seems we're meeting all the requirements. We started the whole process back in April.
We had to send in 2 additional documents which we did the following day.
His statement was that we'll be getting a decision in the coming week.

Now it's 3 weeks ago and we haven't gotten any answer/decision/feedback.

Just wondering if that's common after the interview to take many weeks? Or is it alarming? From what I've heard it should arrive after a few days?

Thanks all!

Naveen02

Aug 22, 2019
Hey Folks,
My company has had the LMIA interview on Sept 30 and it went well, the officer said it seems we're meeting all the requirements. We started the whole process back in April.
We had to send in 2 additional documents which we did the following day.
His statement was that we'll be getting a decision in the coming week.

Now it's 3 weeks ago and we haven't gotten any answer/decision/feedback.

Just wondering if that's common after the interview to take many weeks? Or is it alarming? From what I've heard it should arrive after a few days?

Thanks all!
Very common.

Naveen02

Aug 22, 2019
Thanks Naveen. I was just surprised because he said next week in the interview. And most timetables here show less than 10 days. How long would you wait until reaching out again?
We were interviewed in early May and got approved in September. But our case was little different because Alberta put a temporary hold on Lmia and it was reopened in September.