+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
johnny123 said:
You can ask centre for newcomers, first nations reservations etc. to post a job ad on their bulletin board or smthn. But check this with some consultant
Thanks Johnny, that helps a lot!

Also do you or anyone else know about the dual intent LMIA, what the max duration would be, 1 or 2 years?

Trying to figure out what the best option would be

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Has anybody applied for LMIA from outside of Canada?

My application was filed on June 16th 2015 in BC and still no update.

Would be great to hear from others experiences.

Thanks!!

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
caprisj said:
Has anybody applied for LMIA from outside of Canada?

My application was filed on June 16th 2015 in BC and still no update.

Would be great to hear from others experiences.

Thanks!!
Mine was filed on July 10th. I'm also outside Canada. Waiting is a killer. Alberta duel intent lmia. So would have been sent to St John's.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Mine was filed on July 10th. I'm also outside Canada. Waiting is a killer. Alberta duel intent lmia. So would have been sent to St John's.
Sunshinegirl, do you have any idea about the questions I posted above?

Ie if the dual intent LMIA can be for 1 or 2 years and if it can be processed for a worker who isn't in the EE program yet, so they can start working first and apply for Pr later?

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
beholder69 said:
Sunshinegirl, do you have any idea about the questions I posted above?

Ie if the dual intent LMIA can be for 1 or 2 years and if it can be processed for a worker who isn't in the EE program yet, so they can start working first and apply for Pr later?
Most lmia are normally for just 1 year. Exceptions are high wage and wanted trades which get 2 yrs.
Yes you can get dual lmia even though your not in EE yet. As some of us can't get into EE without LMIA which why it's a dual intent. There is 2 types if your employer has paid the $1000 then you can come and work on work permit then file for your PR. If they have gone for the free lmia application then it's only for the purpose of EE and you can't work until your PR.
Mine is a paid dual purpose so I can apply for work permit at POE if approved. I am then going to apply for PR once I'm settled it will probably be handled by the company my employer has hired to do lmia application.
My lmia will probably be the standard 1yr.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Most lmia are normally for just 1 year. Exceptions are high wage and wanted trades which get 2 yrs.
Yes you can get dual lmia even though your not in EE yet. As some of us can't get into EE without LMIA which why it's a dual intent. There is 2 types if your employer has paid the $1000 then you can come and work on work permit then file for your PR. If they have gone for the free lmia application then it's only for the purpose of EE and you can't work until your PR.
Mine is a paid dual purpose so I can apply for work permit at POE if approved. I am then going to apply for PR once I'm settled it will probably be handled by the company my employer has hired to do lmia application.
My lmia will probably be the standard 1yr.
Thanks a lot, that's what I was looking for!

We'd also like the worker to get their WP at the POE and start working first. They haven't had language assessment yet and it will be easier if they come here and take CELPIP after they've begun work, so they'll need to get into EE later.

Just wanted to make sure this is a valid procedure and not waste more time and efforts, thanks again!

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
beholder69 said:
Thanks a lot, that's what I was looking for!

We'd also like the worker to get their WP at the POE and start working first. They haven't had language assessment yet and it will be easier if they come here and take CELPIP after they've begun work, so they'll need to get into EE later.

Just wanted to make sure this is a valid procedure and not waste more time and efforts, thanks again!
You will have to check that the country they are coming from can apply for WP at POE some people have to apply for WP from visa office in their country before arriving. I'm British so I can get mine at POE.

Yes language can be done in Canada once arrived or if they are having to wait for WP in the country it's worth seeing if they can do ILETS General. I have already taken my ILETs whilst I'm waiting for answer on LMIA.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Sunshinegirl_X said:
You will have to check that the country they are coming from can apply for WP at POE some people have to apply for WP from visa office in their country before arriving. I'm British so I can get mine at POE.

Yes language can be done in Canada once arrived or if they are having to wait for WP in the country it's worth seeing if they can do ILETS General. I have already taken my ILETs whilst I'm waiting for answer on LMIA.
Thanks again! Yeah, they're from a visa exempt country too, so can apply at POE. Will start the process like that then :)

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi guys
I got a approved Lmia today but m very confused that I am now in visitor visa so how can I change my status from visitor visa to work permit . Is it risky? Do I need to do a cross border for work permit ? Plzz help me

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Hello. We are starting the lmia app for my cousin that lives in Dubai for a food counter attendant, foes anybody know how to fill up the Schedule E? Form. Please help. Thank you

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaftgbkum said:
Hi guys
I got a approved Lmia today but m very confused that I am now in visitor visa so how can I change my status from visitor visa to work permit . Is it risky? Do I need to do a cross border for work permit ? Plzz help me
If you have a visa-exempt passport you can "flagpole" at the border. If not, apply online for your WP.

Nothing risky about either option if you have LMIA.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
I am from India I don't this visa exempt country but yes I have Lmia so it means I can apply online and it's not a risky
Thanks so much buddy

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreematt said:
Hello. We are starting the lmia app for my cousin that lives in Dubai for a food counter attendant, foes anybody know how to fill up the Schedule E? Form. Please help. Thank you
Are you the employer?

Which particular part of the form is unclear to you?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
My husband's employer applied for LMIA 8 of August, they received on the 14 th.
It's a dual LMIA, high wage, high demand occupation- Noc 7237 (Welder)
we haven't heard anything from service canada, no file number also. The processing time should be 10 days.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
sandra02 said:
My husband's employer applied for LMIA 8 of August, they received on the 14 th.
It's a dual LMIA, high wage, high demand occupation- Noc 7237 (Welder)
we haven't heard anything from service canada, no file number also. The processing time should be 10 days.
Does it definitely qualify for 10 days. I think but not sure isn't it top 10% earners that qualify for 10 days.
I'm not sure but it's worth looking into. Not all high wage jobs qualify for 10 days.