+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, everyone. I started working as a part time cook in a restaurant since Late February, and after I got my pgwp in June, I changed to work full time, I understand that with my own experience and education, to get invitation from EE is nearly impossible, but my employer said he could help me to apply for LMIA, NOW MY QUESTION is should I apply for a typical LMIA for foreign worker several months later, or to apply a LMIA for PR after I gained a full year work experience? Cauz I know that these two kind of LMIA are slightly different, and the processing centre are different as well, which one should I apply for? Thx for your advise, any suggestions are appreciated.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
immshunli said:
Hi, everyone. I started working as a part time cook in a restaurant since Late February, and after I got my pgwp in June, I changed to work full time, I understand that with my own experience and education, to get invitation from EE is nearly impossible, but my employer said he could help me to apply for LMIA, NOW MY QUESTION is should I apply for a typical LMIA for foreign worker several months later, or to apply a LMIA for PR after I gained a full year work experience? Cauz I know that these two kind of LMIA are slightly different, and the processing centre are different as well, which one should I apply for? Thx for your advise, any suggestions are appreciated.
It all depends on you I would say. If you want to apply for PR with Canadian Experiance I would would apply for a dual Intent LMIA. By time your boss has advertised the position and applied for LMIA then at the moment it's a minimum of about 3-5 months waiting for an answer. By the time you get an answer you will nearly have your 1 year experience so why not apply for dual intent to get your PR

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
It all depends on you I would say. If you want to apply for PR with Canadian Experiance I would would apply for a dual Intent LMIA. By time your boss has advertised the position and applied for LMIA then at the moment it's a minimum of about 3-5 months waiting for an answer. By the time you get an answer you will nearly have your 1 year experience so why not apply for dual intent to get your PR
Thx for your reply, but I heard from a consultant that a individual could only apply for a dual intent LMIA if he already has met the requirements to enter the EE pool, I don't that is true or not.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
immshunli said:
Thx for your reply, but I heard from a consultant that a individual could only apply for a dual intent LMIA if he already has met the requirements to enter the EE pool, I don't that is true or not.
No that can't be right because a lot of people require the 600 points from an LMIA to be eligible for EE like me. I can't get in the pool as a FSW as I need the 600 points. My future employer has applied for dual intent LMIA which means if granted I have enough points for EE.

I would get a second opinion if I was you. I put a link up on the bottom of page 113 of an immigration consultant who blogs on you tube. You can also ask him questions. Watch all his videos on EE and LMIA. Get free advice from him. I have asked him a few questions before.

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
Congratulations Aneam!!!! Wohoooo :)

I am so happy for you :) its been a long and trying wait, so fitting to end the 10 month wait with an approved LMIA.

Aneam said:
;D tonight we have received LMIA Approval!!!!!

NOC 7321 Automotive Service Tech Edmonton Alberta
Dual Intent
Submitted September 18th 2014!
Accepted today 24th July 2015

We were beginning to give up! Please hang in guys it's a long hard wait!

Eek on to the next step! Few sleepless nights ahead!

reyban

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
it seems like nobody getting LMIA s these days ...no posts no smiles...its really sad ...hope soon we will all celebrate :D

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
Hi, I have a question.

can we ask the status of LMIA if we have the file number?

abhi769

Jan 29, 2015
hi I used to work in a retail store and now I started work at a restaurant as these people are providing me LMIA. The have done my name submission almost 15 days back to Service Canada. Does anyone have Idea how much time it takes after name submission.
Thank You in advance ..

Matx

Mar 23, 2015
Back again.
Sc contacted my Old employer with positive lmia results!!!
I couldn't believe it , It's been over a year - veeeeeery long wait.

As I left Canada over month ago, is the copy of the fax which SC sent to my employer enough to enter the country again?
Thank you and good luck to all of you !

reyban

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
LMIA APPROVED
WOOOW GREAT NEWS
MY EMPLOYER JUST CALLED ME AND TOLED THAT WE GOT POSITIVE LMIA

timeline
april 8. app sent
noc 7321 high wage BC
july 30th lmia approved

wish u all great time and hope all of u who are waiting will get it soon

kaykulkarni87

Jun 22, 2015
Re: LMIA norms

Hey All,

Does anyone here know if there is a minimum wage norm for getting a positive LMIA? I have a recruiter who is willing to hire me but on a complete commission base remuneration model... Can I get a Positive LMIA with this job of no fixed salary just commissions? are there any other points I should be knowing?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: LMIA norms

kaykulkarni87 said:
Hey All,

Does anyone here know if there is a minimum wage norm for getting a positive LMIA? I have a recruiter who is willing to hire me but on a complete commission base remuneration model... Can I get a Positive LMIA with this job of no fixed salary just commissions? are there any other points I should be knowing?
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/high_low_wage/index.shtml

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reyban said:
LMIA APPROVED
WOOOW GREAT NEWS

timeline
april 8. app sent
noc 7321 high wage BC
july 30th lmia approved

Congrats

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
zazen said:
Congratulations Aneam!!!! Wohoooo :)

I am so happy for you :) its been a long and trying wait, so fitting to end the 10 month wait with an approved LMIA.
Thank you! Hope you are progressing with you EE!

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reyban said:
LMIA APPROVED
WOOOW GREAT NEWS

timeline
april 8. app sent
noc 7321 high wage BC
july 30th lmia approved

Congratulations, and what type of LMIA is that? A regular one for work permit, or one support PR?