+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
beholder69 said:
Not really, if the employers followed the advertisement requirements, thus proving through the Service Canada criteria that they couldn't find a Canadian for the job and they'd still remain below the cap if hiring another foreign one, then they'd have no reason to deny an application.

The changes were made so that employers would be deterred from applying in the first place, unless they really needed someone and so that TFWs don't make up the majority of the workforce in any business.
Makes perfect sense, i deleted my original post so you now it makes you look a little crazy :)

My employer showed me the resumes they had recieved for my position

out of the 3 on one website, 1 didnt even bother attaching a resume, other 2 had no management experience.

Through JOB BANK, of the 14 that applied, 11 of them lived outside of canada, english wasnt their first language and wanted an LMO so they could come to canada, the others, again, no experience.

This made me feel much better knowing that. I just wish it would hurry up! haha

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
Habil said:
This LMIA/LMO has become a night mare just like all the applications.....I thought it takes like 2 wks to get response...I was dead wrong LOL!!
Anyway my question is...Once you get a positive LMO/LMIA...Does that qualify you to apply for P.R?? and how soon can you apply P.R or having worked for how long??

My prayers to all and i keep praying for everyone's applications....God listens and knows...Good luck to all!!

Thanks Guys
Hey,
Unless I am mistaken your LMIA application doesn't have anything to do with your PR application. You can apply for PR at any time- even from outside of the country. I have an application in for AINP, CEC PR and an LMIA application in.
I may be wrong, or the situation may be different for you depending on where you are applying from and what job you have but I believe you should be able to apply regardless of your lmo application.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
jaybakerca said:
Makes perfect sense, i deleted my original post so you now it makes you look a little crazy :)

My employer showed me the resumes they had recieved for my position

out of the 3 on one website, 1 didnt even bother attaching a resume, other 2 had no management experience.

Through JOB BANK, of the 14 that applied, 11 of them lived outside of canada, english wasnt their first language and wanted an LMO so they could come to canada, the others, again, no experience.

This made me feel much better knowing that. I just wish it would hurry up! haha
LOL, thanks for making me look crazy ;D

Hoper72

Feb 11, 2013
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-11-2013
Hi there :)
I am currently working in Calgary with an LMO valid till nov 2015 yet my Noc 1453 does not qualify me for CEC. I spoke with my HR and they agreed to apply for an LMIA as I hve been advised that this would required to change the Noc .
my question is : is it risky in case the LMIA gets rejected? I mean would this cancel my current LMO and I will be asked to leave canada? My employer would like to promote me as is am a bachelor and I speak Arabic French and English plus more than 5 years experience in the same company but my duties were different from the new role duties.
Please advise me .

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
Can anyone help me with this:

I have an LMIA application currently under review, we are In touch with Service Canada who are helping my employer to get the transition plan ready for approval, so I do feel positive that eventually I will have an LMIA approved.

My last LMO expired on August 1st, a few days before it expired we applied for an extension or renewal (cannot remember which?) to my work permit, in order to give me 'implied status'. My understanding was that as they typically take 55 days to process this application, I would hopefully have an approve LMIA by that point and all would run smoothly. Am I right in thinking that, if they come to reviewing my work permit extension application and I do not have a positive LMO- they will reject my work permit and my implied status will end? OR will my implied status end when I get a decision on the lmia, regardless of when they review the work permit app.

This may be a little confusing but if anyone can shed any light on this, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
You're right in your first assumption. You have implied status until they make a decision on your work permit. Usually they give some time for the LMIA process to go through but if it hasn't and they issue a decision on your work permit, then it will be negative and your implied status will end.

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
beholder69 said:
You're right in your first assumption. You have implied status until they make a decision on your work permit. Usually they give some time for the LMIA process to go through but if it hasn't and they issue a decision on your work permit, then it will be negative and your implied status will end.
@beholder69 Thanks for your response. My company keep telling me that I will have implied status until my LMIA is either accepted or rejected. As you say I am 99.9% sure that should they reject my work permit application first, I will lose implied status.

Its coming really close to that 55 days and I am still for sure a few weeks away from an LMIA decision, in which case would the best bet be to change my status to visitor and await a decision on the LMIA

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Yeah, your plan sounds good. The LMIA only has to do with the employer, not with you and it's a Service Canada application, not CIC's. The only use for you is (like you've done) that it can delay the processing of your work permit a bit since it would be based on the LMIA, so that you can benefit from implied status (from your work permit, not LMIA) for a bit longer

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
beholder69 said:
Yeah, your plan sounds good. The LMIA only has to do with the employer, not with you and it's a Service Canada application, not CIC's. The only use for you is (like you've done) that it can delay the processing of your work permit a bit since it would be based on the LMIA, so that you can benefit from implied status (from your work permit, not LMIA) for a bit longer
Thanks so much!! I don't know how people do this without the use of a representative! So much conflicting information and confusion but hopefully I am almost there.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
BritEm said:
Thanks so much!! I don't know how people do this without the use of a representative! So much conflicting information and confusion but hopefully I am almost there.
Yeah, hopefully it will soon be completed, best of luck!

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
@ Brit em : Same case with me too buddy, but a bit more complicated. On an implied status from August 16th. Applied for WP on 8 Aug. Applied for LMIA on august 8 too waited for a month just to get a reply that says incomplete application and add schedule C. So applying again now, not sure till when is my implied status gonna be active. Hope it holds on a month more atleast so we can get some update on the new LMIA

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
prashanthbv said:
@ Brit em : Same case with me too buddy, but a bit more complicated. On an implied status from August 16th. Applied for WP on 8 Aug. Applied for LMIA on august 8 too waited for a month just to get a reply that says incomplete application and add schedule C. So applying again now, not sure till when is my implied status gonna be active. Hope it holds on a month more atleast so we can get some update on the new LMIA
Hey if its the same as mine, you should only need to ADD the schedule c, not re-do the whole application. That's what I am doing anyone and they have been really helpful and supportive with getting it done. I really feel like im close now.
Typically if you have an LMIA under process they will allow you to have implied status until a decision is reached on your LMIA so as long as you get that accepted, you should be absolutely fine.

Sounds very similar to my process and I thought I was going to have to leave, but things have gone well and I am really hoping for a positive outcome soon. Good luck to you!

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Oh but in my case, Service Canada returned the application. They mentioned that they are unable to process. So we gotta send all over again

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
@Brit em :when did u apply your WP extension and when did the current one expired?

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
hey guys hope so u can give some your views on this one...i applied for my work permit on 16th sept...right now i m on implied status..my wp will expire on this Oct.11..and i applied my work permit through my unnamed positive lmo...nd we also made an application for my name addition on 15th sept..but i m bit confuse like after 55 days...if the result is negative then do i have only one month for restoration or the restoration will start from the day i receive my negative result from cic..and have u heard anything about name addition application??..how long does it take to b on name??..