Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
beholder69 said:
It doesn't matter if you have it written by any lawyer, there is no implied status on IEC
The reason I asked an immigration lawyer as there has been mixed reviews about this. A girl said she went on implied status for 5 months and she went via IEC. Who advised you that is isn't allowed? Where did you get that information from?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
CIC did, there's lots of info already on the forum on that subject and 2 of my friends have been sent home and had their applications for PR cancelled because they were working while they thought they were on implied status. Even the CIC call centre is unreliable on the info they give as it is a matter of who you will speak to but if a deportation order is made, then there is nothing you could do or say on the matter.

There has already been a written response by CIC to a member here as well, clearly stating IEC doesn't benefit from implied status, which pretty much closed the whole subject. I don't remember the name, other members might.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Hey Guys, My employer was contacted today by Service Canada and asked to submit schedule C. But employer does not exactly know what to fill in that, If you have a copy of what you filled could you send it please. That would be a great help.

Thanks

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Hi, unfortunately there is no implied status under IEC, lots of discussions on it but this thread and especially the last post by Screech, sums it up: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/implied-status-for-whv-t26948.0.html;msg3528135#msg3528135

That was the response I was talking about earlier in this thread.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Hey guys. I've been gone a long time. I found out after 10 weeks that the LMO application was denied for not meeting the advertising requirements. my employer appealed but SC upheld their decision. I'm not sure at what point my employer got the denial but they had time to appeal and receive a response for service Canada so I'm thinking it took about 8 weeks.

When I contacted my employer at week 10 they had already started the re-advertising. They really want to have me join the organization and are being extra careful to meet all the new rules when they reapply.

Seems like LMIA processing times are falling which based on the article I read which says TFW applications have decreased by 74% is completely expected.

Moto11

Sep 18, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
Seems like LMIA processing times are falling which based on the article I read which says TFW applications have decreased by 74% is completely expected.
Hi butterfly, could you tell us more about that article? Where did you read it?

Beholder, thanks for your fast reply, if there is no implied status under IEC, do you mean that the lawyer is wrong? I don't wanna create a problem between my boss and the lawyer if I tell them.. He thinks that whatever the lawyer says, she's right because she knows about the topic...

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Moto11 said:

Beholder, thanks for your fast reply, if there is no implied status under IEC, do you mean that the lawyer is wrong? I don't wanna create a problem between my boss and the lawyer if I tell them.. He thinks that whatever the lawyer says, she's right because she knows about the topic...
I guess it's news.ca.msn.com/canada/temporary-foreign-worker-applications-drop-74percent-since-new-reforms-5

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
74%, wow.

I guess alot of employers are put off by the 1000$ fee they are now charging especially when they know the low skilled worker applications are more than likely going to get refused.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
jaybakerca said:
74%, wow.

I guess alot of employers are put off by the 1000$ fee they are now charging especially when they know the low skilled worker applications are more than likely going to get refused.
I wonder if it will speed up processing of the rest...

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Moto11 said:

If you read the link, you saw the official reply of CIC on the matter I've also mentioned a few times the deportation by CBSA of 2 friends of mine who thought they had implied status under IEC. They didn't. Those 2 organizations are the experts on the subject, nobody else.

However, I don't understand what you have to talk with your lawyer and boss about. You said you left Canada. So even if you were under a different class that benefited from implied status, you lost that the moment you left Canada.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
jaybakerca said:
74%, wow.

Why would they be refused? No reason to if they just followed the instructions and were eligible in the first place.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/temporary-foreign-worker-applications-drop-74-since-new-reforms-1.2768151

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Fingers crossed for everyone going through the process.

Both me and my room mate are waiting our LMIA to go through.

My room mate however has continued to work even though his IEC has expired, i didnt take the risk, i would hate myself i my LMIA comes through and then refused because i worked illegally.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
jaybakerca said:
I was under the impressed that low waged low skilled jobs are less likely to be approved now? isnt that why they redid everything?
Not really, if the employers followed the advertisement requirements, thus proving through the Service Canada criteria that they couldn't find a Canadian for the job and they'd still remain below the cap if hiring another foreign one, then they'd have no reason to deny an application.

The changes were made so that employers would be deterred from applying in the first place, unless they really needed someone and so that TFWs don't make up the majority of the workforce in any business.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This LMIA/LMO has become a night mare just like all the applications.....I thought it takes like 2 wks to get response...I was dead wrong LOL!!
Anyway my question is...Once you get a positive LMO/LMIA...Does that qualify you to apply for P.R?? and how soon can you apply P.R or having worked for how long??

My prayers to all and i keep praying for everyone's applications....God listens and knows...Good luck to all!!

Thanks Guys