+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

List of NOC skills level 0, A and B ??

SimzGarry

Aug 23, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I want to apply under the CEC class after I have 1 year work exp. At this time I have 6 months exp as Assistant Manager - retail. I am currently looking for work and am wondering if there is any noc list available for skill levels 0, A, B? I want to search and apply for the only ones that are under the appropriate skill levels. Does it matter if my one year full time exp has two diff (but qualifying) noc codes which are not related to my field of study?

I have found this list on the internet.

Is this correct, and are there any other lists available on the internet?

Thanks in Advance

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SimzGarry said:
Hi Everyone,

I want to apply under the CEC class after I have 1 year work exp. At this time I have 6 months exp as Assistant Manager - retail. I am currently looking for work and am wondering if there is any noc list available for skill levels 0, A, B? I want to search and apply for the only ones that are under the appropriate skill levels. Does it matter if my one year full time exp has two diff (but qualifying) noc codes which are not related to my field of study?

I have found this list on the internet.

Is this correct, and are there any other lists available on the internet?

Thanks in Advance
It doesn't matter whether your work experience is in one occupation or more as long as it is in a full time base and falls under skill level 0 or A or B. It doesn't matter as well whether you work in the same field of your study or not as long as it still falls under 0,A,B levels.

This is the official link for the national occupational classification in canada, you can write any job title in the search engine, then you will find the NOC code and job description for it.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Welcome.aspx

and this is the link for all job titles and NOCs for the canadian occupations :

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/html/Matrix.html

By the way, this is the link for (assistant managers - retail): skill level 0, (MANAGEMENT OCCUPATIONS)
NOC Code : (0621)

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0621&val65=Assistant+Manager+

L

lornellmcodilla

Hi! Is Bookkeeper with NOC code 1231 under Skill Level A - Professional Occupations? If not, which is it under? Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The links are posted above. Look it up!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skill type 0 are all NOC codes that start with 0 - like 0111 or 0213
Skill level A are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 1 as the 2nd digit - like 2143 or 3112
Skill level B are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 2 or 3 as the 2nd digit - like 1231 or 7315

Those above are the occupations that are considered "skilled" under immigration rules.

Those below are considered low-skilled or semi-skilled:

Skill level C are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 4 or 5 as the 2nd digit
Skill level D are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 6 as the 2nd digit

You can read about this and more at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Introduction.aspx

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Leon said:
Skill type 0 are all NOC codes that start with 0 - like 0111 or 0213
Skill level A are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 1 as the 2nd digit - like 2143 or 3112
Skill level B are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 2 or 3 as the 2nd digit - like 1231 or 7315

Those above are the occupations that are considered "skilled" under immigration rules.

Those below are considered low-skilled or semi-skilled:

Skill level C are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 4 or 5 as the 2nd digit
Skill level D are all NOC codes that don't start with 0 but have 6 as the 2nd digit

You can read about this and more at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Introduction.aspx
WOW!!!! concise and easy to understand and remember, Leon. Many thanks.

IHOPEICAN

Apr 12, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am kind of confused of what to do and a bit stressed.. I am an international students been in Canada since 2005 ..worked part time and full time( summer) with my off campus work permit as an account manager for a major Financial institution in Canada, they tried to obtain a full-time work permit for me during the financial crisis of 2009 but HR Canada rejected giving a positive market opinion as no need to hire foreigner, my permit almost expired so went back home for a year in 2009 till i got offer of admission again from school and came back and got off campus work permit as well, and now i got an offer for a senior account manager from another FI institution for either full time or part time.. will be trained 4 months in summer but i am afraid i will not be able to pay tuition for my last year since I owe money for this winter semester and circumstances back home stopped my scholarship from coming. can i apply as a Skilled worker after i finish my training as all my experiences will exceed a year working with off campus permit ( knowing that NOC code was 1232 ) ? I have been honored to provide Canadians with the best financial advice and i cared more than many advisors,, now i badly need an advice my self and have no money for lawyers ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED !!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can only apply as a skilled worker if your occupation is on the list of 29 or with a job offer if you are either not in Canada and get an AEO or if you are working that your work permit is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your processing.

If you want to apply under CEC, you need 2 year studies and one year of full time skilled work after graduation. If you qualify with the 2 year studies for your first course and after that graduation have at least 1950 hours of skilled work in no more than a 2 year period, you could apply under CEC. The third option is getting the employer to sponsor you under PNP.

colakyngo

Sep 12, 2011
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

colakyngo

Sep 12, 2011
IHOPEICAN said:
Hello everyone,

I am kind of confused of what to do and a bit stressed.. I am an international students been in Canada since 2005 ..worked part time and full time( summer) with my off campus work permit as an account manager for a major Financial institution in Canada, they tried to obtain a full-time work permit for me during the financial crisis of 2009 but HR Canada rejected giving a positive market opinion as no need to hire foreigner, my permit almost expired so went back home for a year in 2009 till i got offer of admission again from school and came back and got off campus work permit as well, and now i got an offer for a senior account manager from another FI institution for either full time or part time.. will be trained 4 months in summer but i am afraid i will not be able to pay tuition for my last year since I owe money for this winter semester and circumstances back home stopped my scholarship from coming. can i apply as a Skilled worker after i finish my training as all my experiences will exceed a year working with off campus permit ( knowing that NOC code was 1232 ) ? I have been honored to provide Canadians with the best financial advice and i cared more than many advisors,, now i badly need an advice my self and have no money for lawyers ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED !!
If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: skillslist.info/retail-skills-list/

Best regards.

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Does the skill level 0 and A have more labour market demand than B.

All i wanted to ask is are the candidates with skill level 0 and A preferred over B

Kindly let me know.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saumit12 said:
Does the skill level 0 and A have more labour market demand than B.

All i wanted to ask is are the candidates with skill level 0 and A preferred over B

Kindly let me know.

Thanks
No, B are jobs that do not require as much education. B could be a tradesman for example like a plumber or electrician. A are jobs that generally require more education like university. 0 are management positions. As you may know from your own country, it completely depends on the job who is in demand. A B skill could be more in demand than an A skill or reversed depending on what it is.

YasmeenH

May 26, 2018
Hi,

Me and my husband are currently filling in our express entry profile and I will be the main applicant.

As far as our understanding spouse factors that contribute to our overall score are: level of education, official language proficiency and Canadian Work Experience. Since my husband doesn't have Canadian work experience, we assumed we only need to claim his education and IELTs socre. Is this correct? While filling in the express entry profile we found reference to spouse work history and accordingly asking for NOC. Will my husband need to claim work experience and would that affect our score?

On a relevant note, if we found the same job role in a Skill 0 (managerial) job and a Skill A job, is one of them better to claim?

Much appreciated in advance:)

YH

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Hi,

Me and my husband are currently filling in our express entry profile and I will be the main applicant.

As far as our understanding spouse factors that contribute to our overall score are: level of education, official language proficiency and Canadian Work Experience. Since my husband doesn't have Canadian work experience, we assumed we only need to claim his education and IELTs socre. Is this correct? While filling in the express entry profile we found reference to spouse work history and accordingly asking for NOC. Will my husband need to claim work experience and would that affect our score?

On a relevant note, if we found the same job role in a Skill 0 (managerial) job and a Skill A job, is one of them better to claim?

Much appreciated in advance:)

YH
Is this correct? Yes

Will my husband need to claim work experience and would that affect our score?
No. There is no value or CRS points can be claimed for the dependent's foreign(outside Canada) work experience.
Remove it from Work History and put in Personal History instead. This way you are not required to provided/upload proof of work documents(e.g Reference Letters)

murtuzab

Jul 2, 2018
Hi,
I am applying for the Federal Skilled workers Program. But I am a little confused as I am eligible for both Skill Types 0 as well as A. I did my Master's from the USA in Construction Management and have had around 2 years of work experience in the field. Now I have worked on both roles Construction Project Manager (NOC 0711 - Skill type 0) as well as Construction Estimator(NOC 2234 - Skill type A). What should I apply under?

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks