+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

License Issue

coolgirl

May 3, 2010
Hi,

I have moved recently from USA and I have valid US drivers license but I renewed it in sept 2008 so the date of issue is shown as sept 2008 instead of original date of issue as March 2004 and because of this , Mississauga license office requires some letter and US License office is not ready to send it but fax it and Mississauga license office is not ready to accept fax.

So dont know what to do ?

Also I have stayed in Canada for more than 2 months now.

Please suggest

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I landed in Edmonton, AB and I had a similar problem. My latest visa was issued in July 2009 and its expiration date was July 2010. My driving record also stated the same dates. All of this due to I was H1b holder and I had to renuew my visa every year. At the beginning I got a GDL license (graduate driver license) and I was told to get proof that I had been driving in US for more than 2 years in order to get a full driver license. I called DMV NH and they told me to go personally to get letter or ask DMV AB to request it.
Lucky me that since I had keep all my previous/expired driver licenses I went to DMV AB and surrendered them to the officer. They reviewed the case and I finally after 2 months I was issued a full driver license.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolgirl: Since you have more than 12 months driving experience which you can prove with your US license, you can get a G2 license which is almost as good as a full license. Take the G2 license and in September you can take the advanced road test and get the full license.