+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Employment for CEC

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
My employer gave me a letter of employment last 2018 right after I was hired. The letter states all the information needed in applying for PR (salary, job duties, position (NOC B), number of hours and even the validity of my employment contract with them (March 2018 to March 2021 which coincides with the expiration of my PGWP -> they also wrote this sentence in the letter). It is also printed in company letterhead with complete information of the HR and company.

My question is, can I submit this as my Letter of Employment for CEC? Even though it was released March 2018? Or do I really need to request a new document for with 2019 date?

I have no changes in my duties and position, its just that they increased my salary a little but I have also gathered 1 year of my Pay Statements, so it will definitely show my change of income in the pay statements.

It's kinda difficult to request for a new letter from our HR...

Hope anybody got some inputs or experiences, I would really appreciate your help :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My employer gave me a letter of employment last 2018 right after I was hired. The letter states all the information needed in applying for PR (salary, job duties, position (NOC B), number of hours and even the validity of my employment contract with them (March 2018 to March 2021 which coincides with the expiration of my PGWP -> they also wrote this sentence in the letter). It is also printed in company letterhead with complete information of the HR and company.

My question is, can I submit this as my Letter of Employment for CEC? Even though it was released March 2018? Or do I really need to request a new document for with 2019 date?

I have no changes in my duties and position, its just that they increased my salary a little but I have also gathered 1 year of my Pay Statements, so it will definitely show my change of income in the pay statements.

It's kinda difficult to request for a new letter from our HR...

Hope anybody got some inputs or experiences, I would really appreciate your help :)

Yes, you need a new letter. An old letter written before you actually completed one year of experience is not proof of one year of experience.

You don't need to ask HR. You can ask your immediate supervisor/manager.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You will need a new letter at least to complement this one. You need confirmation you've completed the year at least.

My advice, get a full new letter. Send them a copy and ask them to add the time worked.

Reactions: Pinky2587

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
You will need a new letter at least to complement this one. You need confirmation you've completed the year at least.

My advice, get a full new letter. Send them a copy and ask them to add the time worked.
Can you please let me know how long is the validity of the employment letter ? can it be used within 6 months of issuance to be submitted for EE ?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Can you please let me know how long is the validity of the employment letter ? can it be used within 6 months of issuance to be submitted for EE ?

There is no such thing as a length of time for which it's valid. I mean, people sometimes keep letter for years if you are claiming point from a position you held a long time ago.

6 months doesn't seem like a lot and it should be fine.

Reactions: crs350onip

mkredy

May 18, 2017
There is no such thing as a length of time for which it's valid. I mean, people sometimes keep letter for years if you are claiming point from a position you held a long time ago.

Bro can you please tell me is there any advantage of applying pr under cec from canada rather than from india?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Bro can you please tell me is there any advantage of applying pr under cec from canada rather than from india?
There are no mentions of advantages, possibly it might be faster doing it form Canada.

All applications are supposed to be treated equally and any outcomes and time processing vary on case to case basis so it's impossible to know.

They say 6 months for for estimated processing times, could be ±.

mkredy

May 18, 2017
There are no mentions of advantages, possibly it might be faster doing it form Canada.

All applications are supposed to be treated equally and any outcomes and time processing vary on case to case basis so it's impossible to know.

They say 6 months for for estimated processing times, could be ±.
is it a bad sign going back to india, 7 to 8 month before your workpermit expire.

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......

Thanks

MikeRAM

Jul 22, 2019
CEC in Canada with valid Job does not need Proof of Funds. I believe for CEC you should still be working with the current employer while applying.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CEC in Canada with valid Job does not need Proof of Funds. I believe for CEC you should still be working with the current employer while applying.
No, incorrect in both cases. CEC applicants are exempt from proof of funds, regardless of where you are applying from. And there is no requirement to be employed at the time of application.

Feb 1, 2023
i was doing NOC D job before as Community support worker than i was appointed as an Administrative assistant (NOC B) in the same company and worked two year on Admin position. On Employment letter should i ask employer to add both job titles and duties or just the Administrative assistant title and duties? please let me knnow if anybody has an idea.

Feb 1, 2023
No, incorrect in both cases. CEC applicants are exempt from proof of funds, regardless of where you are applying from. And there is no requirement to be employed at the time of application.
i was doing NOC D job before as Community support worker than i was appointed as an Administrative assistant (NOC B) in the same company and worked two year on Admin position. On Employment letter should i ask employer to add both job titles and duties or just the Administrative assistant title and duties? please let me knnow if anybody has an idea.