+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada after Landing

Piyali

Apr 27, 2006
Hi PMM and anyone who can be of help,

I am planning to land in Canada on the 3rd of january, 2008. I have some very urgent questions for which I need your answers.

Due to an absolute necessity I will have to leave Canada before receiving the PR card.My question is during this period, when I am not in Canada, if the office asks me to contact them for retaking the photo or anything else....what happens?

I plan to return to Canada in about 3-4 months(APRIL). Does my PR card processing hang in there till I return and contact them ? Is there anything I need to keep in mind?

I will be landing at the DTW airport, The Detroit Metropolitan Wayne county Airport and I will be entering Canada through the Detroit Windsor Tunnel.
Are the PR card and Landing formalities done there, considering the fact that I will not be landing in Canada through any Canadian International Airport? My uncle is going to drive us through the Detroit Windsor Tunnel.(He is a Canadian citizen)

Another question as I have a 15 months old baby. Do I need to carry my baby's car seat from the US for the road travel fromthe DTW airport to Windsor or I need to buy a Car seat from Canada as per Canadian standards? In that case I will have to ask my uncle to buy one for my baby.

PMM please answer my queries!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Piyali said:
Hi PMM and anyone who can be of help,

I am planning to land in Canada on the 3rd of january, 2008. I have some very urgent questions for which I need your answers.

Due to an absolute necessity I will have to leave Canada before receiving the PR card.My question is during this period, when I am not in Canada, if the office asks me to contact them for retaking the photo or anything else....what happens?

If you don't have an address for them to mail the card, you have 6 months to supply one, if not you have to reapply for the PR Card. If there is a problem with the picture, you have to return to have the picture re-done or re-apply once you return.

I plan to return to Canada in about 3-4 months(APRIL). Does my PR card processing hang in there till I return and contact them ? Is there anything I need to keep in mind?

See above.

I will be landing at the DTW airport, The Detroit Metropolitan Wayne county Airport and I will be entering Canada through the Detroit Windsor Tunnel.
Are the PR card and Landing formalities done there, considering the fact that I will not be landing in Canada through any Canadian International Airport? My uncle is going to drive us through the Detroit Windsor Tunnel.(He is a Canadian citizen)

Yes.

Another question as I have a 15 months old baby. Do I need to carry my baby's car seat from the US for the road travel fromthe DTW airport to Windsor or I need to buy a Car seat from Canada as per Canadian standards? In that case I will have to ask my uncle to buy one for my baby.

Better to have an approved car seat, you will need it when you return to Canada anyway.

PMM please answer my queries!
PMM

Piyali

Apr 27, 2006
Thnanks for your reply PMM.

What do you mean by reapply again after returning to Canada(regarding the photo thing)?
If such a thing happens, is it ok for them to be informed by us that I am not in Canada presently and take time from the office till I return?

Is there a time frame within which it needs to be done?

Also is it very often that such photo retake cases occur?

Regards
Piyali