+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Late CAQ arrival issues(quebec)

pooja143

Jan 20, 2017
Hie
I am stuck in a sort of unique situation because of my school and an agent. In August, I completed my first year of study in Toronto and I was planning to come to montreal. An agent promised me to get an offer letter within 2 days. so I applied through him. he applied for my CAQ in front of me and asked for documents which I sent him on the very next day. My school allowed me to study without CAQ, so i was not too much worried. but then it occured to me that it is taking alot more than usual time. so I decided to call MIDI. when I called MIDI, I got to know that they never recieved my documents. I called my agent, he picked my call after calling him 25 times and told me there is some mistake. it should be in verification. I called him on regular basis and he kept on misleading me by telling stupid stories. Then, he gave me a CAQ after one and a half month after so many calls. he applied for this CAQ through different college which is valid from January 1st, 2017. now the problem is, I have been studying from September 2016. my program ends in July 2017. Now, school director tells me that the courses I have done from sep to dec will be non credited and will be evaluated. As long as, my CAQ is Valid from January 2017, I think my studies will be counted from january till July which makes it a 7months program(about which I am not sure) that doesnot make me eligible for work permit as well as CSQ. Moreover, when i applied for refund, they did not reply and told me verbly that there would not be any refund. What should I about this whole situation. please guys suggest something

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
pooja143 said:
Hie
I am stuck in a sort of unique situation because of my school and an agent. In August, I completed my first year of study in Toronto and I was planning to come to montreal. An agent promised me to get an offer letter within 2 days. so I applied through him. he applied for my CAQ in front of me and asked for documents which I sent him on the very next day. My school allowed me to study without CAQ, so i was not too much worried. but then it occured to me that it is taking alot more than usual time. so I decided to call MIDI. when I called MIDI, I got to know that they never recieved my documents. I called my agent, he picked my call after calling him 25 times and told me there is some mistake. it should be in verification. I called him on regular basis and he kept on misleading me by telling stupid stories. Then, he gave me a CAQ after one and a half month after so many calls. he applied for this CAQ through different college which is valid from January 1st, 2017. now the problem is, I have been studying from September 2016. my program ends in July 2017. Now, school director tells me that the courses I have done from sep to dec will be non credited and will be evaluated. As long as, my CAQ is Valid from January 2017, I think my studies will be counted from january till July which makes it a 7months program(about which I am not sure) that doesnot make me eligible for work permit as well as CSQ. Moreover, when i applied for refund, they did not reply and told me verbly that there would not be any refund. What should I about this whole situation. please guys suggest something
Sorry to hear that.

I am sure it was an Indian agent and some dodgy college run by them. They throng this forum also through their cronies who in the guise of helping gullible International students lead them to similar path as yours. I have no respect for crooks like these and you should report these to MIDI asap. I have met a
similar one but exercised due caution. It's the crooks job to hoodwink people but it's our care/attention that will protect us from their lifelong harm.

As to your current state please contact a lawyer asap.

Good Luck.

pooja143

Jan 20, 2017
Gymguy said:
Sorry to hear that.

I am sure it was an Indian agent and some dodgy college run by them. They throng this forum through their cronies who in the guise of helping gullible International students lead them to similar path as yours. I have no respect for crooks like these and you should report these to MIDI asap. I have met a
similar one but exercised due caution. It's the crooks job to hoodwink people but it's our care/attention that will protect us from their lifelong harm.

As to your current state please contact a lawyer asap.

Good Luck.

yes, it was an Indian agent and I met a lawyer as well. lawyer suggest that i should apply for CSQ as well as work permit on the basis of same program. but she also says it could be rejected in worst case scenario.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately some Indians bring bad name to the community. They parasite on their ilk only.

As you were without a valid CAQ during this period chances of getting CSQ are slim (I am not a lawyer but this is an informed guess only).

There maybe other lawyers in Montreal. Please seek their view before making any final decision.

Good Luck.

pooja143

Jan 20, 2017
Is there ant way through which I can get my fees back. as the school suggests, according to their policies, if i get a CAQ they wont refund the fees.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
pooja143 said:
Is there ant way through which I can get my fees back. as the school suggests, according to their policies, if i get a CAQ they wont refund the fees.
School being dodgy itself won't give you refund but in Montreal they shouldn't have allowed you as a student without CAQ. So you have a legal point to enforce.
Have them refund your fees through legal action. Unfortunately this is the only choice now. If possible also file a written complaint with MIDI about your complete scenario.

As I advised do a thorough research for a lawyer and bring these dodgers to book. Act quickly.

pooja143

Jan 20, 2017
I went to Dery who is a well-known lawyer over here. but his assistant suggested to continue and take the chance.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
pooja143 said:
I went to Dery who is a well-known lawyer over here. but his assistant suggested to continue and take the chance.
Choice is finally yours. You shouldn't forgive those who have wronged you. Crooks get emboldened by the meek and subdued among us. Good Luck.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
pooja143 said:
should I go to immigration or criminal lawyer?
Immigration for sorting out your current issue. They may charge some fees.

Criminal lawyer may/may not charge fees. So try finding one if possible. Contact Minister of Education and UPAC with a written complaint. It's not only a fee refund issue but wastage of your precious time, mental harassment and fraud.

Good Luck

pooja143

Jan 20, 2017
I am afraid to file a complaint because it might show up on my background check and make it look bad when I apply for PR or CSQ. :( :( :(

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
pooja143 said:
I am afraid to file a complaint because it might show up on my background check and make it look bad when I apply for PR or CSQ. :( :( :(
You are the victim here and in background check they check criminal record. So filing a complaint against a wrongdoer doesn't make you a criminal. The real criminals are the people who prey on gullible people like you.

At the end of day it's your choice. Others can suggest as well.