+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

laptop and mobile phone from india

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear all,

Pl guide me whether i can take my laptop dell vostro and cell phone samsung corby to canada or not and what are the procedures for the same. Also i heard that in india we have a ac electric supply whereas in canada they have a dc supply pl guide.

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
maverick_stallion said:
Dear all,

Pl guide me whether i can take my laptop dell vostro and cell phone samsung corby to canada or not and what are the procedures for the same. Also i heard that in india we have a ac electric supply whereas in canada they have a dc supply pl guide.
u can bring Mobile phone and ur laptop to Canada. Make sure ur mobile shouldnt be CDMA.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick_stallion said:
Dear all,

Hi, There is no problem with power supply and you can bring the both, but remember to mention on your bringing list with serial number and value in CAD.

I broth my laptop and Nokia 5230 (GSM) and using them here easily. I got SIM card from Roger and using my mobile also. Only you have to do bring with you universal socket or plug to use.

Hope it will help you

hmisabpk

Sandy_iamin

May 11, 2010
I guess you can use all the Qadband phones in any part of the world .....however you need to bye a seprate charging detachable nob,so that you can charge your phone and laptop properly in Canada

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Sandy_iamin said:
I guess you can use all the Qadband phones in any part of the world .....however you need to bye a seprate charging detachable nob,so that you can charge your phone and laptop properly in Canada
can you pl guide me if this is avaialble in india or canada....

Sandy_iamin

May 11, 2010
you can get it from India for sure however I don't know about Canada as i ahve not landed there(canada) plznning to move in he month of July.....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look at the converter for your laptop. It may be good for both systems. Mine says 100-240V and 50-60Hz so it covers everything. If that is the case, you do not need a new converter, just a fitting plug. You can buy a travel plug at any airport and many electronics stores.

As for the phone, it's possible that the charger is also good for both systems. If not, you can buy another one. Since it's a quad band phone, it will work in Canada but you will have a limited selection of providers. The common providers that use the SIM card system in Canada are Rogers and Fido. Most other providers are using the CDMA system.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Leon said:
Look at the converter for your laptop. It may be good for both systems. Mine says 100-240V and 50-60Hz so it covers everything. If that is the case, you do not need a new converter, just a fitting plug. You can buy a travel plug at any airport and many electronics stores.

As for the phone, it's possible that the charger is also good for both systems. If not, you can buy another one. Since it's a quad band phone, it will work in Canada but you will have a limited selection of providers. The common providers that use the SIM card system in Canada are Rogers and Fido. Most other providers are using the CDMA system.
thanx leon...

whatsinaname

Mar 24, 2010
India
App. Filed.......
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
I think both your laptop and mobile chargers would be able to adapt for 120 v (its AC not DC , just like India) supply which is available here in Canada. The only thing is that the plugin sockets here are different from India, so you would need to buy a small plug adapter. It is a simple thing but it costs around 10$ here. Try and get one from India, it might be cheaper there.

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
whatsinaname said:
I think both your laptop and mobile chargers would be able to adapt for 120 v (its AC not DC , just like India) supply which is available here in Canada. The only thing is that the plugin sockets here are different from India, so you would need to buy a small plug adapter. It is a simple thing but it costs around 10$ here. Try and get one from India, it might be cheaper there.
Dear hatsinaname i have got the adapter only for 1$. Its not costly here even its cheaper than in India.