+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
we r from india.we all got PR to land in canada.i have the following doubts.pls anyone clarrify.our idea is to land and get PR ,and spend some days to explore opportunties for a job or businees,and back to home.At a later date after making all arrangemnts plan to settle.

1.my son is 19,he is studying.i thought i will take him along with us and send him back for studies to compelete.it will take another two yrs.or can i sponsor after two yrs.

2.if land in albertta,health cover starts from day one.will it continue even i left canada.or land in toronto,keeping in view of opportunities.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

prem1965 said:
we r from india.we all got PR to land in canada.i have the following doubts.pls anyone clarrify.our idea is to land and get PR ,and spend some days to explore opportunties for a job or businees,and back to home.At a later date after making all arrangemnts plan to settle.

1.my son is 19,he is studying.i thought i will take him along with us and send him back for studies to compelete.it will take another two yrs.or can i sponsor after two yrs.

2.if land in albertta,health cover starts from day one.will it continue even i left canada.or land in toronto,keeping in view of opportunities.
1. Your son has to meet his residency obligations the same as you, by residing in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period.
2. For Alberta Medical, you have to prove that you are residing in Alberta, and if you leave, the medical coverage ends. You can't get Alberta medical in Ontario, you have to apply for OHIP and there is a 90 day waiting period.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's up to you to take your son along or sponsor him later but since he only has 2 years left, I would say take him with you, he can land with you and go back and still keep his PR as long as he comes back to Canada after 2 or 3 years and then stays for 2.

If you land in AB, you can go to a bank, open an account and then get the bank to write you up an account statement. You can use this as your proof or residence in Alberta. Some other people did that successfully. You would be covered from day one. If you leave AB and move to another province, your coverage from AB lasts for 3 months, until the next province kicks in.

If you move outside Canada, your health care will expire probably after 6 months because the definition of living somewhere is normally 6 months a year or more. Once you are gone 6 months, you are not considered to be on vacation anymore. Would they know this to cancel your health care if you did not tell them, that's another question entirely.

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Thank u PMM and Leon.u r reply made us clear and we will take a decision accrodingly.What abt opportunities in AB.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look for jobs online before you land. Then you know where you will have the best opportunities in your line of work. It's a lot more important for most to get a good job asap after they arrive than to have health insurance from day one unless you have some major health issues.

If you go to Toronto, just get travel insurance that will cover you for the first 3 months.

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Thank u.let me search for jobs in my line.iam from poultry industry.have u heard of poultry farms,hatcheries.let me find a suitable one.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And you think you will find poultry farms in Toronto?

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/res_eng.aspx?ProvId=99&Keyword=poultry+farm&Student=No
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/res_eng.aspx?ProvId=99&Keyword=hatchery&Student=No

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Leon Thank u for ur help.i understand how much pain ur taking to pprovide information.can i apply before coming.shall i mention abt my PR staus in the application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can apply before coming. Tell them that you will be coming as a PR so you are free to take any job and do not need any work permit.

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
hi,

any one pls tell me.can i use the mobile instrument using in india.will it work by just chaning the SIM in canada.also pls tell me my lap top can be configured for wifi services in canada.