+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing without current work permit

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seniors, we plan to do landing in a few weeks after our passports return. However, since the occupation item in my wife's work permit is wrong, she mailed her work permit to CIC to request amending in March of 2015. But, 4 months passed, she still has not received the amended work permit. We suspect it might be lost by mail.

Thus, could she just show the photocopy of her current work permit when landing in a local CIC office? Or, if we choose to land in border, will the border officer care about whether her current work permit is lost?

Thanks a lot!

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
lhyyym said:
Hi seniors, we plan to do landing in a few weeks after our passports return. However, since the occupation item in my wife's work permit is wrong, she mailed her work permit to CIC to request amending in March of 2015. But, 4 months passed, she still has not received the amended work permit. We suspect it might be lost by mail.

Thus, could she just show the photocopy of her current work permit when landing in a local CIC office? Or, if we choose to land in border, will the border officer care about whether her current work permit is lost?

Thanks a lot!
When I did my landing, the border officer didn't ask me about my Work Permit at all. All what he cared about if I was under CEC or the FSW program. I gave the CoPR and my passport and that was all about it.
Regarding the lost mail , it could be that CIC invalidated the Work Permit application, because of your PR. (or due to the high volume, the still didn't get to it)

I'd say don't worry at all about it.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
lhyyym said:

Thanks a lot!
it depends whether officer ask for WP or not. In my case Officer asked for mine . but did not asked for my wife (she also had SOWP, I was primary applicant of PR). but it is not a mandatory document for landing

So relax
and good luck

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they did not ask me for one. Also I dont think they even care about the noc code u have worked in