+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing question

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Hi,

My application is currently still in process but I am thinking ahead right now. I moved out to Canada more than a year ago on a work visa and am now on a visitor visa. Previous to living in Canada I was living at home with my mum. Basically I have no big items to bring with me. I came out here with a suitcase of stuff to live with my girlfriend and start a new life.

So when landing they will ask me what I am bringing with me? I don't have any furniture to bring, I brought over some DVD's last year as well as some clothes. One day in the future I will box up what little is left at my mum's, this is just old pictures and letters etc. Nothing of any value.

Is this going to be a problem? Do I declare the few things I already brought with me?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never declared anything and never had a problem. I brought with me two suitcases and later had stuff mailed to me or brought to me, a box of CD's maybe etc. Nothing much.

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
Just declare whatever you have with you...ie

3 bags of clothes
1 bag of toiletries
1 bag food

(mine was similar to that)

Then for the stuff you will box up later from your mom's just put on the "goods to follow" list.
I also had a box of pictures and letters and stuff and I just called it "memorabilia"
I wouldn't worry about the stuff that is already here.