+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Montreal. How easy would that be?

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Hi Guys,

I have friends living in Boston and Montreal is merely a drive of 2 hrs from there. I propose to fly to Boston and then land in Montreal to complete my landing formalities. The issue that botheres me now is whether I can land in Montreal simply with my passport bearing the immigrant visa and the Confirmation of PR document?
I was given to understand that if you are landing in the province of Quebec, you need an additional offical document. How true is that?? Can someone please advise at the earliest?

Many Thanks in advance
R

PommeDeRoute

Star Member
Feb 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hallo Rhetorisch,

Es stimmt, dass man ein zusaetzliches Dokument braucht wenn man in Quebec landet. Man braucht naemlich ein "Certificat de Selection du Quebec." Wenn sowas nicht vorhanden ist, darfst du ueberall in Kanada landen, nur nicht in Quebec. Allerdings haltet dich nichts auf nach deiner Landung nach Quebec zu ziehen und dich dort niederzulassen.

Hoffe, dass dir das weiterhilft.

P.d.R.

PommeDeRoute

Star Member
Feb 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Uebrigens ist Boston za. 6 Stunden von Montreal entfernt je nach dem wie schnell du faehrst...Leider haben wir keine Autobahn in Kanada :D

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
You can land in Quebec without the CSQ, if you have proof of onward travel from Quebec to elsewhere in Canada. This is so entirely silly, because once you are landed in Canada, you have freedom of movement and can live wherever you want including Quebec.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking at google maps, it looks like Montreal is more like a 5 hours drive from Boston than 2 but you do not have to go to Montreal to land, you will land at the border.

If you were arriving by plane, they would let you land in Montreal if you have a flight taking you out of there again. When you arrive by car, they may also let you land at the border if you have a flight ticket from Montreal to somewhere else in Canada but if you are just thinking of driving to the border to land and then driving back to Boston to stay with your friends a bit longer, you could also drive to the ON border or the New Brunswick border. If you drive to Saint Stephen in New Brunswick, it is also about 5 hours.

You can contact the border services at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html to ask them if they will let you land at the QC border. If they do, you can drive to for example Stanstead, QC which would only be 3.5 hours.