+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

dreamer2015

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
52
2
Category........
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2016
Need help and advise.

Our family was recently approved for PR, and at the time we received our passport / COPR my wife has been diagnosed with stage zero breast cancer. She had so far underwent surgery to remove the risk and we are waiting for final assessment.

At this point, we need to report changes to personal circumstances related to my wife.

Has anyone or anyone you know encountered this situation? I hope this will not cancel our PR approval, but I assume it will at least hold our landing for now until such time they assess that everything is clear for her.
 
 

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
4,100
338
Category........
NOC Code......
1112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
dreamer2015 said:
Need help and advise.

Our family was recently approved for PR, and at the time we received our passport / COPR my wife has been diagnosed with stage zero breast cancer. She had so far underwent surgery to remove the risk and we are waiting for final assessment.

At this point, we need to report changes to personal circumstances related to my wife.

Has anyone or anyone you know encountered this situation? I hope this will not cancel our PR approval, but I assume it will at least hold our landing for now until such time they assess that everything is clear for her.
As you have already received your PR, you are free to proceed to land in Canada before the expiration of the COPR. If it were before you got the PR that your wife's medical status changed, you would have needed to advise your Visa office of the situation and it would have affected your PR application.
 

dreamer2015

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
52
2
Category........
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2016
Pipis Husband said:
As you have already received your PR, you are free to proceed to land in Canada before the expiration of the COPR. If it were before you got the PR that your wife's medical status changed, you would have needed to advise your Visa office of the situation and it would have affected your PR application.
Thank you for positive response. I really hope that this is the case, i also wonder how long it will take after reporting a change in circumstance before we can be cleared to go.
 

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
1,810
427
Pipis Husband said:
you are free to proceed to land in Canada before the expiration of the COPR.
you probably meant "before expiration of the Immigration Visa", as the COPR does not have an expiry date.
 

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
120
16
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
dreamer2015 said:
Thank you for positive response. I really hope that this is the case, i also wonder how long it will take after reporting a change in circumstance before we can be cleared to go.
As earlier mentioned by PH, you do not need to report any change in circumstance to anyone.

You have received your PR already! And the situation happened after you received your PR.

Note that the medicals you underwent are valid for one year.

Quickly enter after wifee recuperates!

Russ
 
 

dreamer2015

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
52
2
Category........
NOC Code......
2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2016
russellx said:
As earlier mentioned by PH, you do not need to report any change in circumstance to anyone.

You have received your PR already! And the situation happened after you received your PR.

Note that the medicals you underwent are valid for one year.

Quickly enter after wifee recuperates!

Russ
Hi Russ, Thank you for your response.

Confusion lies in the PPR letter and PR letter that was received. It clearly states there below,

"You and your accompanying family members are under legal obligation to inform this office immediately of any change in personal circumstance that affect you or your family members' ability to satisfy the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your obligations does not end when your visas are issued; it continues until, and in some case after, becoming a landed immigrant in Canada."

It goes on to say that,

"The following sections explain how a change in your personal or family circumstances will invalidate your permanent visa."

and it listed

Marriage
Divorce/Separation
Birth or Adoption
Principal applicant dies

and suprisingly no mention of Health! so strange

but we are in every way wanted to inform CIC , just to come clean about it upfront and not to complicate things even more in future.
 

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
12,393
1,146
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HIH said:
Anyone who newly landed at Canada, please share your experience with immigration process
How new do you need? Why not start a new thread like the below poster?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-four-months-ago-experience-so-far-t481523.0.html
 

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
120
16
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
dreamer2015 said:
Hi Russ, Thank you for your response.

Confusion lies in the PPR letter and PR letter that was received. It clearly states there below,

"You and your accompanying family members are under legal obligation to inform this office immediately of any change in personal circumstance that affect you or your family members' ability to satisfy the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your obligations does not end when your visas are issued; it continues until, and in some case after, becoming a landed immigrant in Canada."

It goes on to say that,

"The following sections explain how a change in your personal or family circumstances will invalidate your permanent visa."

and it listed

Marriage
Divorce/Separation
Birth or Adoption
Principal applicant dies

and suprisingly no mention of Health! so strange

but we are in every way wanted to inform CIC , just to come clean about it upfront and not to complicate things even more in future.
If it were important, CIC would have added that to the list.

It is not there because the policy says that meds are valid for one year.

That is why the validity of the visa does not exceed the one-year validity period of the medicals.

It's your call.

Russ
 
 

kamy

Hero Member
Feb 1, 2010
681
26
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

There is a restriction on amount in foreign currency(including traveller's, demand draft etc..) you can carry while travelling. I can do wire transfer to Scotia bank account opened online, however, there is very little time left and I might not be able to close it before I fly. Has anyone faced issue showing foreign bank statements and PF balance document as POF while landing.
 

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
12,393
1,146
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
Hi All,

There is a restriction on amount in foreign currency(including traveller's, demand draft etc..) you can carry while travelling. I can do wire transfer to Scotia bank account opened online, however, there is very little time left and I might not be able to close it before I fly. Has anyone faced issue showing foreign bank statements and PF balance document as POF while landing.
There are also restriction on amount of foreign currency you can wire transfer.
 

Dedicated

Hero Member
Aug 11, 2016
480
42
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
There is a restriction on amount in foreign currency(including traveller's, demand draft etc..) you can carry while travelling.
steaky said:
There are also restriction on amount of foreign currency you can wire transfer.
Could you guys please elaborate? What is the limit for bringing cash in foreign currency and wiring it?
 

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
12,393
1,146
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
Could you guys please elaborate? What is the limit for bringing cash in foreign currency and wiring it?
It depends what country you bringing/wiring from. However, there is no limit carrying cash or wiring into Canada.
 
 

kamy

Hero Member
Feb 1, 2010
681
26
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
Could you guys please elaborate? What is the limit for bringing cash in foreign currency and wiring it?
It depends on your home country's federal bank policy.
 

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
2,057
1,232
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
5122
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
dreamer2015 said:
Need help and advise.

Our family was recently approved for PR, and at the time we received our passport / COPR my wife has been diagnosed with stage zero breast cancer. She had so far underwent surgery to remove the risk and we are waiting for final assessment.

At this point, we need to report changes to personal circumstances related to my wife.

Has anyone or anyone you know encountered this situation? I hope this will not cancel our PR approval, but I assume it will at least hold our landing for now until such time they assess that everything is clear for her.
Sorry to hear that, as members already said you dont need to report that. And say hello to your wife and tell her to change diet to vegan-ish, it will help her a lot. From experience.