+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

happy-go-lucky

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
165
7
Visa Office......
NDVO (transferred to WVO)
NOC Code......
0112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
ECAS 2nd line update: Started processing: 10-04-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
PCC/RPRF Reciept/ Updated POF sent on 29 May 2015. Received on 1 June, 2015. Third line update in ECAS on 2nd June, 2015
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
Feb 2015
Thanks for sharing your experience... Can't wait to pack my bags :D :D :D

mandar.raje said:
Dear Friends,
Just wanted to share my Landing Experience.

We did a short landing on Aug 11, travelling all the way from San Francisco to Toronto. With the layover and flight delays we reached Toronto close to midnight local time.
Proof of Funds - We had CAD$14K in Canadian Bank and USD $5K in travelers cheque to cover for $18K. On top of this, we had taken US Bank statements as US Bank money can be easily withdrawn from any ATM in Canada.
List of Goods - As we were doing only short landing, we had no B4/ B4A for accompanying goods. We had detailed B4/B4A (several sheets). For all jewelry, we had printouts of photographs. All of them were in 2 copies.
Landing experience - After arriving we were directed to Customs. The customs forms are given in flight, so we just went to the customs counter. then they directed us to Immigration. Back in 2012 when we moved to Canada for work, the immigration queue was humongous. This time, there was no queue.
Immigration - The IO welcomed us with a smile unlike some other countries. He asked a few questions - why are u moving to Canada if you are living in San Francisco. He finished the formalities with our COPR (stamping) & passports and asked us to sign. He also reviewed the customs form, cancelled our landing visas stamped on passport. He told us not to leave Canada before getting the PR cards. He took our temporary Canada address and said he will enter in the system after we depart the counter. We were done in less than 10 mins.
Then we moved out and realized we forgot the customs card at the counter. So i returned back and the IO was already half way towards us with the card in his hand. This is another sweet surprise for those used to IOs in other countries. He handed it over with a smile and told me not to worry.

Customs - The customs officer looked at our customs declaration form and said everything is fine. Then we told him we are doing Landing and showed him the B4/B4A forms. He directed us to another room.
There were several Customs officers (the Time of the day (midnight) really helped) available. One of them was just closing his shift but he still hollered at us but then his Supervisor stepped in and pointed us to another counter. The Customs officer with a smile looked at the forms, he asked us to do a grand total of value of all the good together. He was happy that we had 2 copies of everything including photographs of jewelry.
He checked with his buddies @ the Car to be imported. They were not so sure about the Car as vehicle import is handled separately (no-recall pending, Canada admissibility, registration etc are checked only when the vehicle is imported). He took all the forms, stamped them, went to a counter, printed out the customs forms which showed vehicle value + goods value and handed over to us.
It took roughly 15-20 mins due to the calculation of 5-6 sheets of goods.

Thanks again for all the help this forum has provided to make our Landing a smooth and hassle free experience !!
We stayed for 4 nights, met old friends, dined in our favorite joints, visited few attractions and returned back on Aug 16th.
 

PradY8891

Member
Jun 3, 2014
17
5
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
0113
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged : 23-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER :19-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Interview........
Waived off...i guess!!
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
issued
LANDED..........
waiting
Guys,

i am planning for a short landing for a week may be in November due to some issues.

but i am not sure how to go about it and whether there would be any problem with the immigration officer upon landing.

i will book a round trip for this purpose and give a frens address for the PR card to be delivered in toronto who can post it back to India so that i will have it with me when i travel again to canada.

But how do the immigration officer react?

please reply if u know any one who has already landed in a similar fashion.

thank you
 

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
3,390
125
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
PradY8891 said:
Guys,

i am planning for a short landing for a week may be in November due to some issues.

but i am not sure how to go about it and whether there would be any problem with the immigration officer upon landing.

i will book a round trip for this purpose and give a frens address for the PR card to be delivered in toronto who can post it back to India so that i will have it with me when i travel again to canada.

But how do the immigration officer react?

please reply if u know any one who has already landed in a similar fashion.

thank you
That's fine to go for a week and return

Officer may ask you whether you have permanently moved, say yes and apply for PR card

I had done same thing
 

paigey

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
104
1
Don't worry too much.
As long as you're not planning to break or already broke any Canadian rules, you'll be fine.
Just smile and relax.
My immigration officer spent 5 mins perusing my documents then stamped my passport while saying welcome to Canada.
 

PradY8891

Member
Jun 3, 2014
17
5
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
0113
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged : 23-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER :19-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Interview........
Waived off...i guess!!
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
issued
LANDED..........
waiting
coolguy2010 said:
That's fine to go for a week and return

Officer may ask you whether you have permanently moved, say yes and apply for PR card

I had done same thing
thanks cool guy!!
 

PradY8891

Member
Jun 3, 2014
17
5
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
0113
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged : 23-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER :19-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Interview........
Waived off...i guess!!
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
issued
LANDED..........
waiting
paigey said:
Don't worry too much.
As long as you're not planning to break or already broke any Canadian rules, you'll be fine.
Just smile and relax.
My immigration officer spent 5 mins perusing my documents then stamped my passport while saying welcome to Canada.
ha ha..

the only worry was that if my above said process would work or not?
 

engrted

Hero Member
Aug 19, 2015
348
7
paigey said:
Don't worry too much.
As long as you're not planning to break or already broke any Canadian rules, you'll be fine.
Just smile and relax.
My immigration officer spent 5 mins perusing my documents then stamped my passport while saying welcome to Canada.
what documets was he perusing for 5mins?
i thought this a straight forward movement?
 

nithin

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
50
3
mandar.raje said:
Dear Friends,
Just wanted to share my Landing Experience.

We did a short landing on Aug 11, travelling all the way from San Francisco to Toronto. With the layover and flight delays we reached Toronto close to midnight local time.
Proof of Funds - We had CAD$14K in Canadian Bank and USD $5K in travelers cheque to cover for $18K. On top of this, we had taken US Bank statements as US Bank money can be easily withdrawn from any ATM in Canada.
List of Goods - As we were doing only short landing, we had no B4/ B4A for accompanying goods. We had detailed B4/B4A (several sheets). For all jewelry, we had printouts of photographs. All of them were in 2 copies.
Landing experience - After arriving we were directed to Customs. The customs forms are given in flight, so we just went to the customs counter. then they directed us to Immigration. Back in 2012 when we moved to Canada for work, the immigration queue was humongous. This time, there was no queue.
Immigration - The IO welcomed us with a smile unlike some other countries. He asked a few questions - why are u moving to Canada if you are living in San Francisco. He finished the formalities with our COPR (stamping) & passports and asked us to sign. He also reviewed the customs form, cancelled our landing visas stamped on passport. He told us not to leave Canada before getting the PR cards. He took our temporary Canada address and said he will enter in the system after we depart the counter. He did not ask for PoF or how many days do we plan to stay.
We were done in less than 10 mins.

Then we moved out and realized we forgot the customs card at the counter. So i returned back and the IO was already half way towards us with the card in his hand. This is another sweet surprise for those used to IOs in other countries. He handed it over with a smile and told me not to worry.

Customs - The customs officer looked at our customs declaration form and said everything is fine. Then we told him we are doing Landing and showed him the B4/B4A forms. He directed us to another room.
There were several Customs officers (the Time of the day (midnight) really helped) available. One of them was just closing his shift but he still hollered at us but then his Supervisor stepped in and pointed us to another counter. The Customs officer with a smile looked at the forms, he asked us to do a grand total of value of all the good together. He was happy that we had 2 copies of everything including photographs of jewelry.
He checked with his buddies @ the Car to be imported. They were not so sure about the Car as vehicle import is handled separately (no-recall pending, Canada admissibility, registration etc are checked only when the vehicle is imported). He took all the forms, stamped them, went to a counter, printed out the customs forms which showed vehicle value + goods value and handed over to us.
It took roughly 15-20 mins due to the calculation of 5-6 sheets of goods.

Thanks again for all the help this forum has provided to make our Landing a smooth and hassle free experience !!
We stayed for 4 nights, met old friends, dined in our favorite joints, visited few attractions and returned back on Aug 16th.
Dear friends
After landing, again any docs/photos required to submit for PR.
For short landing, do we need to apply for health card
regards
 

nithin

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
50
3
nithin said:
Dear seniors
While landing for a short period, can I show statement from my Indian bank account and Fixed deposits receipts copies as proof of funds ? I will carry cash required for the expenses of the short stay.
Regards
 

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
2,258
108
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nithin said:
Dear friends
After landing, again any docs/photos required to submit for PR.
For short landing, do we need to apply for health card
regards
To be eligible for healthcare, one needs to be resident in Canada. Each province has its own rules; some require 3 months residency before issuing the card, some give it straight away.

If you are doing a 'short landing', probably best to wait until you come back to live here full time. Check provincial requirements.
 

PGS77

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
178
27
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER :19-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS : 7.5
File Transfer...
SLU - 4-March-2015
Med's Request
31-March-2015
Med's Done....
11-April-2015 ,TL:21-April-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
3-June-2015, DM:4-June-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-June-2015
LANDED..........
26-Sept-2015
What is the best time to move to Canada from a job prospects perspective? I am into IT and planning to land in Toronto in the last week of September.

Is that a good enough time to look for a job or with fall approaching, it is a bad time to get jobs?

Your feedback is appreciated!
Thanks !
 

revanth316

Full Member
Feb 4, 2015
29
1
Hi guys,

I am travelling to Canada on Sept. 10th.

I just have a small doubt regarding taking cash.

Can I take travel card with me as proof of Funds...?
 

xylene

Hero Member
Apr 16, 2010
684
145
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0213
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
revanth316 said:
Hi guys,

I am travelling to Canada on Sept. 10th.

I just have a small doubt regarding taking cash.

Can I take travel card with me as proof of Funds...?
yes
 

Anashwara

Newbie
Aug 11, 2015
8
0
Friends, urgent query around landing.. need help..

I have to book my tickets now as i need to travel on 5th sep and the tickets are getting expensive, but my destination city is not clear yet - toronto or waterloo. I will come to know my destination by aug 26th.

Today I am planning to book my tickets to toronto, and on Aug 26th if my destination is found to be Waterloo, then book a seperate flight from toronto to waterloo, so that i can travel from India to Toronto then directly to Waterloo. without doing any landing formalities in Toronto.

Need help to understand how this works and if this idea is feasible.
 

snmack

Star Member
May 5, 2014
53
3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Can anyone share their experience of Saudi Airline from Karachi to Toronto. Will you recommend.

Thanks