+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
11,621
985
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pravin16 said:
My brother is moving on 30 august to toronto with family but temporarily at moment. They will carry min fund. BUT WHAT about properties as land they have here. They dont want to sell at moment and if needed for any business they will sell after 1 or two years. What can they do so that they dont have to pay tax later. Plz help.
Keep their non resident of Canada for tax purposes.
 

Mat14

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
143
5
Hello Guys,,

I'm gonna do my landing next week, I'm concerned about how much money I should declare to the "good to follow" section.

I'm planning to sell property in my country and don't know if it will be sold soon and how much exactly,,

How much I should declare !!

If I didn't mention that and transfered the money in the future,, will be entitled to pay taxes for it

THanks
 

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
2,258
108
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mat14 said:
Hello Guys,,

I'm gonna do my landing next week, I'm concerned about how much money I should declare to the "good to follow" section.

I'm planning to sell property in my country and don't know if it will be sold soon and how much exactly,,

How much I should declare !!

If I didn't mention that and transfered the money in the future,, will be entitled to pay taxes for it

THanks
Money and/or property (real estate) is not goods, nor goods to follow.

Probably best to ask the question about taxation in the tax forum.
 

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
99
1
Hi Guys,

Am I obliged to do the landing formalities in the first PoE? Or can I postpone it till I reach another city?

If I made the landing in city "A" can I ask them to send my PR card to another city "B"?

thanks.
 

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
2,258
108
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr.gk said:
Hi Guys,

Am I obliged to do the landing formalities in the first PoE? Or can I postpone it till I reach another city?
Yes, at first POE.

If I made the landing in city "A" can I ask them to send my PR card to another city "B"?
Yes

thanks.
 

pravin16

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
79
4
121
kathmandu
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 june and 17 june 2014
steaky said:
Keep their non resident of Canada for tax purposes.
Sorry i did not get you. What they need to do while first time landing regarding lands property in Nepal. Do they need to inform I have land in Nepal worth thismuch and would carry cash later on? And also if you could let me know regarding vaccination of adults and child.
Thank you.
 

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
131
1
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
2113
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
Kindly clarify, my plan is to land in Toronto and stay in a hotel for 2days before proceeding to calgary, what address should i give at POE and hope landing in Toronto won't affect my proper documentation in alberta or how am I suppose to unravel this? I already booked but will connect another flight after two days to my final destination in alberta, kindly advise
 

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
11,621
985
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pravin16 said:
Sorry i did not get you. What they need to do while first time landing regarding lands property in Nepal. Do they need to inform I have land in Nepal worth thismuch and would carry cash later on? And also if you could let me know regarding vaccination of adults and child.
Thank you.
How much are the properties worth in Canadian dollars? If it isn't much, they wouldn't have to do anything at least for the first year in Canada once they are resident for tax purposes.
 

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
11,621
985
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PORPHRY said:
Kindly clarify, my plan is to land in Toronto and stay in a hotel for 2days before proceeding to calgary, what address should i give at POE and hope landing in Toronto won't affect my proper documentation in alberta or how am I suppose to unravel this? I already booked but will connect another flight after two days to my final destination in alberta, kindly advise
If you don't have a permanent address at landing, then don't bother. You could tell them later.
 

pravin16

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
79
4
121
kathmandu
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 june and 17 june 2014
steaky said:
How much are the properties worth in Canadian dollars? If it isn't much, they wouldn't have to do anything at least for the first year in Canada once they are resident for tax purposes.
Thankyou for ur reply.
Its worth approx CAD 90,000. If they need to pay tax later it will be too much.thats why they want to be clear at this moment.
 

HKforCanada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
53
0
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO to Warsaw
NOC Code......
2172
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th November 2014
Med's Request
09th May 2015
Med's Done....
18th May 2015
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello Friends,

looking for an urgent advice. I have got PR and Corp recently. I hold 10+ years of exp. in IT (Production Support) in banking and financial services. Just looking for your advice which month is better to land in Canada from job point of view. If I resign now then it will take approx 2 month, i.e. October last, or should it be better to land later Feb next year?

its very urgent as I have to make a quick decision on this...

thanks in advance!
 

Subash

Hero Member
Jun 10, 2013
632
35
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
Do we need to bring application for permanent resident card upon initial landing or should we apply for this after landing?
 

Indian applicant

Hero Member
Jun 29, 2014
365
17
Subash said:
Do we need to bring application for permanent resident card upon initial landing or should we apply for this after landing?
You can bring it pre-filled or complete one form for every family member at the immigration counter also.
 

xylene

Hero Member
Apr 16, 2010
684
145
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0213
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
HKforCanada said:
Hello Friends,

looking for an urgent advice. I have got PR and Corp recently. I hold 10+ years of exp. in IT (Production Support) in banking and financial services. Just looking for your advice which month is better to land in Canada from job point of view. If I resign now then it will take approx 2 month, i.e. October last, or should it be better to land later Feb next year?

its very urgent as I have to make a quick decision on this...

thanks in advance!
Jobs in Toronto is available through out the year. However I would suggest any time before winter (Dec to Feb is winter) or after so that your experience in this country would be smooth. Commute would be an issue during winter also the harsh weather (if Toronto is your destination)

Summer and fall season job posting peak!
 

HKforCanada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
53
0
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO to Warsaw
NOC Code......
2172
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th November 2014
Med's Request
09th May 2015
Med's Done....
18th May 2015
Passport Req..
waiting
xylene said:
Jobs in Toronto is available through out the year. However I would suggest any time before winter (Dec to Feb is winter) or after so that your experience in this country would be smooth. Commute would be an issue during winter also the harsh weather (if Toronto is your destination)

Summer and fall season job posting peak!
thanks xyelen...

probably it would be best for me to land in end of Feb or early march next year. As I said even if I try to wrap up everything now, earliest I could land is in end Oct or early Nov, which means winter just starting.

thanks again for kind advice.