+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience at Sarnia - Port Huron (Blue Water Bridge)

waiting84

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Request
08-06-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
25-06-2013
I chose Sarnia since it is the nearest boarder to where I live. Went to the boarder along 402 around 11.30 A.M. I didn't know if this boarder has 'the u -turn facility' so I asked the lady in toll booth if I can turn around and do my landing, without going to the U.S. Me and my wife had valid I94s but still I thought why waste time going over the bridge and coming back. Toll booth lady told that yes you can turn into Canada from here and asked an officer to open the barrier so we can go into immigration office. So that worked nicely and in no time we were in immigration office parking area.

Then a boarder officer walked into us and told we cannot land like this and we have to goto the USA and come back. So we ended up waisting more time we would have if we we had gone to USA straight. The thing is that you have to come from Canadian customs gates in order to do the landing. The U-turn in blue water bridge is before that. So you are not officially out of the country. In peace bridge, you can turn after you pass Canadian custom gates and go back into customs gates. Not in Sarina, so remember that. So we went to Port Huron and came back to Canada. In Canadian customs gates we were given a yellow slip and asked us to go into the immigration office.

In the office we were asked the usual questions as everyone who did their landing in this forum experienced, so I won't go into details. The immigration officer signed our CPR (confirmation of permanent residency) and asked us to sign the same. I was under an impression that they should give us another document called Record of Landing (IMM1000). However I found out that they stopped giving IMM1000 from 2002. You will only get your CPR back with signatures and until you PR card arrives you can use it along with your passports as a proof of permanent residency.

And if you go to Sarnia for landing, after go inside the office take a number and wait. The number dispensing machine is somewhat hidden to your right when you go. You will see an arrow saying wait in the line so you would wait until you realize that you need to have a number. Just ignore the sign and take a number and have a seat.

So without any hazel we walked out as permanent residents. And went to a nearby Tim Horton's to have a mini celebration like all Canadians do.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Happy for you waiting84. All the very best. Have a bright future.

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014

saruyashi

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2013
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Oct 12, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 19, 2013
Passport Req..
Jan 28, 2014
Congrats!!!

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiting84 said:
I chose Sarnia since it is the nearest boarder to where I live. Went to the boarder along 402 around 11.30 A.M. I didn't know if this boarder has 'the u -turn facility' so I asked the lady in toll booth if I can turn around and do my landing, without going to the U.S. Me and my wife had valid I94s but still I thought why waste time going over the bridge and coming back. Toll booth lady told that yes you can turn into Canada from here and asked an officer to open the barrier so we can go into immigration office. So that worked nicely and in no time we were in immigration office parking area.

Then a boarder officer walked into us and told we cannot land like this and we have to goto the USA and come back. So we ended up waisting more time we would have if we we had gone to USA straight. The thing is that you have to come from Canadian customs gates in order to do the landing. The U-turn in blue water bridge is before that. So you are not officially out of the country. In peace bridge, you can turn after you pass Canadian custom gates and go back into customs gates. Not in Sarina, so remember that. So we went to Port Huron and came back to Canada. In Canadian customs gates we were given a yellow slip and asked us to go into the immigration office.

In the office we were asked the usual questions as everyone who did their landing in this forum experienced, so I won't go into details. The immigration officer signed our CPR (confirmation of permanent residency) and asked us to sign the same. I was under an impression that they should give us another document called Record of Landing (IMM1000). However I found out that they stopped giving IMM1000 from 2002. You will only get your CPR back with signatures and until you PR card arrives you can use it along with your passports as a proof of permanent residency.

And if you go to Sarnia for landing, after go inside the office take a number and wait. The number dispensing machine is somewhat hidden to your right when you go. You will see an arrow saying wait in the line so you would wait until you realize that you need to have a number. Just ignore the sign and take a number and have a seat.

So without any hazel we walked out as permanent residents. And went to a nearby Tim Horton's to have a mini celebration like all Canadians do.
Congrats!
After reading your timeline your CEC case was completed within 5-6 months? is it right?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
How long did the actual landing procedure take? Like from the time you entered the immigration office.

waiting84

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Request
08-06-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
25-06-2013
deepocan said:
Congrats!
After reading your timeline your CEC case was completed within 5-6 months? is it right?
In 7 months. I consider my self very lucky :)

waiting84

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Request
08-06-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
25-06-2013
iam_toby said:
How long did the actual landing procedure take? Like from the time you entered the immigration office.
It took around 20 mins. There was no waiting line

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
I am gonna do the landing at this border as soon as l get my ppassport back. Does anyone have an updated experience to share?
Thanks in advance

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
l am gonna do the landing at this border as soon as l get my ppassport back. Does anyone have an updated experience to share?
Thanks in advance