+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed in Vancouver, BC; But didn't get PR card

htggc

Aug 3, 2007
- I am working in the US on H1B work visa. I had applied for my Canadian parmanent residency and got the IMM papers. I landed in Vancouver, BC, last year.

- However, before I could get my PR card to my canadian address I had to leave Canada back to the US.

- The PR card was returned back the immigration office and I was told it was destroyed.

Given this situation how can I obtain a new PR card? I was told I have to apply for a new card, but that application asks for Canadian government official / notary public to certify. I guess for that I have to be physically be present in Canada. Is there anyway I can complete the application being in the US.

I intend to apply for the 1 time entry visa to go and collect the PR card.

Any suggestions will help. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

htggc said:
- I am working in the US on H1B work visa. I had applied for my Canadian parmanent residency and got the IMM papers. I landed in Vancouver, BC, last year.

- However, before I could get my PR card to my canadian address I had to leave Canada back to the US.

- The PR card was returned back the immigration office and I was told it was destroyed.

Given this situation how can I obtain a new PR card? I was told I have to apply for a new card, but that application asks for Canadian government official / notary public to certify. I guess for that I have to be physically be present in Canada. Is there anyway I can complete the application being in the US.

I intend to apply for the 1 time entry visa to go and collect the PR card.

Any suggestions will help. Thanks.
You will have to settle permanently in Canada and then apply in Canada for your PR card. You will also have to pick it up in person at an Immigration office.

PMM

htggc

Aug 3, 2007
a. How do I enter Canada now? Do I have to apply for a visa?

b. Isn't there a way I can initiate request for the card and then enter Canada just to pick up the card?

c. Can I enter Canada from the US, using my declared vehicle on the landing papers without a visa, multiple times?