+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

dukees86

Aug 2, 2017
Hello everyone.
My wife and I applied online on 18.June 2022. Although separate, our applications progressed almost at the same pace. They have completed LPP recently for both of us.
However, on 12.June she received an email - oath invitation for 22.June, I haven't received anything. I assumed we would have oaths on the same day. But obviously that wont be the case.
What should I do? Anyone in similar situation?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone.
My wife and I applied online on 18.June 2022. Although separate, our applications progressed almost at the same pace. They have completed LPP recently for both of us.
However, on 12.June she received an email - oath invitation for 22.June, I haven't received anything. I assumed we would have oaths on the same day. But obviously that wont be the case.
You can drop an email to the email address your wife received her oath invite from and mention the above, also asking update regarding your oath.

AJ_77

Oct 16, 2020
Hello everyone.
Yes I read someone was in similar position as you but other way around. You’ll have to wait for yours to schedule. Is your Oath ceremony status In Progress?

AJ_77

Oct 16, 2020
No, ceremony not started.
Really weird situation.
I see. Yea call their number and ask the agent if they can provide you with any update. Make sure to ask the agent which office both applications are being processed. In the mean time email the office from which your wife received the Oath invite if we are assuming that both applications are being processed at same office. If they are nice enough they might start your ceremony otherwise you’ll have to wait.

dukees86

Aug 2, 2017
I see. Yea call their number and ask the agent if they can provide you with any update. Make sure to ask the agent which office both applications are being processed. In the mean time email the office from which your wife received the Oath invite if we are assuming that both applications are being processed at same office. If they are nice enough they might start your ceremony otherwise you’ll have to wait.
Can you give me that number where I can speak to a living person and not a machine?

AJ_77

Oct 16, 2020
Can you give me that number where I can speak to a living person and not a machine?
1-888-242-2100 put in your UCI, then it’s 1, 1, 4 as far as I remember but hear the prompts and double check. You’ll have to call in couple of times since it’s hard to get to an agent.

Reactions: dukees86

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hello everyone.
I applied with my wife in June 2022, both online and obviously separate. I had the oath on 31 May. My wife's even background ticker is still in process. Although we both received the citizenship date same day. Till now my understanding is that, whatever you do, they will give you a standard reply, even you contact your MP. The time, only you can push time for your case (or your wife's) once the process period of citizenship application is ended. By process period I mean the official time period shows up on the official website of Government, as per best of my knowledge currently that is 19 months.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
I applied with my wife in June 2022, both online and obviously separate. I had the oath on 31 May. My wife's even background ticker is still in process. Although we both received the citizenship date same day. Till now my understanding is that, whatever you do, they will give you a standard reply, even you contact your MP. The time, only you can push time for your case (or your wife's) once the process period of citizenship application is ended. By process period I mean the official time period shows up on the official website of Government, as per best of my knowledge currently that is 19 months.
Same with me my wife is still waiting for her Oath.

AJ_77

Oct 16, 2020
Calgary Office: Took 5 days to receive Citizenship certificate in the mail.

My Citizenship App timeline:

Type: Online application
Processing Office: Vancouver
Physical Presence Days: 1,095
Application: Single
Application sent: June 20, 2022
Application delivered: June 20, 2022
AOR: June 23, 2022
Background complete: Nov 30, 2022
Test Invite Letter: Dec 5, 2022
Test Date: Dec 12, 2022
Test marked completed on tracker: Dec 16, 2022
Prohibition, Presence and Language Completed: May 12, 2023
Oath Invite Letter: May 26, 2023 (Virtual: Invitation received from Calgary office)
Oath Scheduled: June 6, 2023
Oath Declaration form: June 6, 2023 (submitted right after ceremony)
Form added: June 9, 2023 (IRCC added form on account. Confirmed by IRCC phone agent)
Certificate mailed: June 15, 2023 (Confirmed by IRCC agent in Calgary office)
Certificate received: June 21, 2023

Good luck to all the applicants.

Reactions: becca545

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi My husband applied online in June 2022 yet to get oath call.

Citizenship App timeline:

Processing Office: I don't know
Physical Presence Days: 1,125
Application submitted: June 27, 2022
AOR: July 7, 2022
Background complete: Dec 5, 2022
Test Invite : March 3, 2023
Test Date: March 10, 2023
Test marked completed on tracker: March 15, 2023
Prohibition, Presence and Language Completed: June 7, 2023

Still waiting to be called for Oath. Anyone else in same situation?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi My husband applied online in June 2022 yet to get oath call.

Citizenship App timeline:

Processing Office: I don't know
Physical Presence Days: 1,125
Application submitted: June 27, 2022
AOR: July 7, 2022
Background complete: Dec 5, 2022
Test Invite : March 3, 2023
Test Date: March 10, 2023
Test marked completed on tracker: March 15, 2023
Prohibition, Presence and Language Completed: June 7, 2023

Still waiting to be called for Oath. Anyone else in same situation?
He just recently completed LPP. Wait for some time and he should get his oath.