+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
May 2020 applicant received his application back today, forward from FB group. IRCC is already working May's applications.

Reactions: Zet

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
May 2020 applicant received his application back today, forward from FB group. IRCC is already working May's applications.
Woohoo! So they're probably going to open June soon. Any idea what date that May applicant's application was received by CIC?

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
I might be in the same boat, my spouse has just one passport and It doesn’t cover the 5 year eligibility period ( was issued within the 5 year eligibility period),and I forgot to mention the reason why it’s not covering whole 5 years. Though it’s covering about 4 years and 5 months. Secondly I’m worried if they return my application will they send back just for my spouse or all family members as they were all in one envelope. So stressed. Application was sent in June.

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
I might be in the same boat, my spouse has just one passport and It doesn’t cover the 5 year eligibility period ( was issued within the 5 year eligibility period),and I forgot to mention the reason why it’s not covering whole 5 years. Though it’s covering about 4 years and 5 months. Secondly I’m worried if they return my application will they send back just for my spouse or all family members as they were all in one envelope. So stressed. Application was sent in June.
Does it need to be exactly 5 years? I thought atleast 1095 days? So atleast 3 yrs? Oh no! I think i did it wrong. So nervouse right now. If they returned your app, would they refund the payment?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
They will return the complete family package back and they will highlight which files are complete and which ones are incomplete.

Travel document has to cover the complete 5 year eligibility period mentioned in your application form.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Does it need to be exactly 5 years? I thought atleast 1095 days? So atleast 3 yrs? Oh no! I think i did it wrong. So nervouse right now. If they returned your app, would they refund the payment?
Travel document has to cover 5 year period from date of application and citizenship application eligibility period is after 1095 days.

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Travel document has to cover 5 year period from date of application and citizenship application eligibility period is after 1095 days.
I was a PR here for over 3 yrs when I submitted my app and never been outside canada. I can remember the physical presence calculator but it was more than 1095 days, does that mean I’m not eligible yet? Im freaking out right now.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I was a PR here for over 3 yrs when I submitted my app and never been outside canada. I can remember the physical presence calculator but it was more than 1095 days, does that mean I’m not eligible yet? Im freaking out right now.
You are eligible to apply for citizenship as per your days count. Travel document eligibility is completely different thing.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Btw... when did you submit your application and have you received AOR ?

Hassonhasoo

Jun 28, 2020
I don’t understand why they mentioned the 5 years eligibility since I passed 1095 days in Canada. I missed few passport pages but other than that it should be fine. I’ll double check tomorrow with agents. I’m so confused by the 5 years eligibility.