+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I have sent off my package today. Please add my details to the tracking spreadsheet, thanks.

Location (city): Calgary
App type (single or # of people): 2 people
Physical presence days: 1771
App sent date: June 1, 2020
App delivered date: Estimated June 3, 2020
I've added you to the tracking sheet! Let us know the confirmed delivered date after your package has been received and we'll add that too.

Reactions: melito

MartinT

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Montreal
IELTS Request
N/A
Thank you @melito for creating this thread. Planning to apply soon.

Thread mates: I have a few questions in the citizenship application form. Please answer
  • Q 11 - How to answer section 11 if I was working multiple jobs during same time. I mean overlapping.
    I was doing two jobs (One full -time and One part-time)
    From To
    2017-08 to Present Work 1 (full-time)
    2017-05 to 2019 -10 Work 2 (part-time)
    2017 -01 to 2017-05 Unemployed
    Do the VO think that I have a gap of 3 months from 2017 -05 to 2017-08.
  • Q 13 – Should we list Student / Employment / Tourist. Confused as all these are not immigrant visas.
  • Q 15 a – Is old IELTS photo copy (dated 2013, used when applying PR) is enough for proof. Or Do I need to write IELTS.
  • Q 17 c – Yes/ No , If I am not a Quebec resident.
  • All places - Do we need to write N/A, if we have nothing to write or leave it blank.
    • Like in Q 4b,
    • Q 7b (if mailing address is same as home address)
    • Q 10 b (country /territory)
    • Q 14a (In table B)
    • Q 16 b
  • In the physical presence calculator, do we need to write the date left Canada and date entered Canada or how?
Please answer these questions. I will be very thankful.
Hello,

I'll try to answer your questions the way I answered mine. I maybe wrong so other inputs are very much welcomed.

for Q11: Declare everything even part time works/studies. It's better to be safe than sorry since they'll find it out anyways. Overlapping of dates are fine.

for Q13: Student and employemnt visas, yes! I think you have to declare them. Visitor Visas, no since they are called non-immigrant visas. That questin only asks for immigrant visas you held during your eligibility period.

for Q15 a: this I have no idea since I never took one.

for 17 c: I think you can say No. Since as you said you arent from QC. Anyways, your choice wont affect your application as stated there.

for all other places: hmm I think if you say "No" on those, the app form will remove them. But I do understand your point that when you print the form, those spaces are also printed out as blank spaces. I think that's fine. I did not put N/A or whatsoever.

hope this helps! :)

Reactions: visa_4all

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Q13. It is the date you got visa or the date you landed. I mean is it the validity of visa or the time you spent there.

As I had 4 year visa, but i lived there for only 2 years.

Thank you

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
  • Q 11 - How to answer section 11 if I was working multiple jobs during same time. I mean overlapping.
    I was doing two jobs (One full -time and One part-time)
    From To
    2017-08 to Present Work 1 (full-time)
    2017-05 to 2019 -10 Work 2 (part-time)
    2017 -01 to 2017-05 Unemployed
    Do the VO think that I have a gap of 3 months from 2017 -05 to 2017-08.
As previously said, overlapping dates are mine. You do well to list it as you have done.
  • Q 13 – Should we list Student / Employment / Tourist. Confused as all these are not immigrant visas.
I would limit myself to the examples they have given - student, employment/worker, refugee, permanent residence or citizenship. A tourist status is not an immigration or citizenship status for these purposes. For instance, to study in the US you need a student visa, so that would be something you would list in this table.
  • Q 15 a – Is old IELTS photo copy (dated 2013, used when applying PR) is enough for proof. Or Do I need to write IELTS.
From the application guide:
Results from a third-party language test
NOTE:
If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired.
  • Q 17 c – Yes/ No , If I am not a Quebec resident.
I'd think your answer to this question doesn't matter. Personally I would put no if I didn't live in Quebec. Keep in mind your answer will not affect your citizenship application but do answer it.
  • All places - Do we need to write N/A, if we have nothing to write or leave it blank.
    • Like in Q 4b,
    • Q 7b (if mailing address is same as home address)
    • Q 10 b (country /territory)
    • Q 14a (In table B)
    • Q 16 b
Most of these fields should disappear once you select that it doesn't apply to you (though they reappear once you print). I just left them empty and I am sure it will be fine.
  • In the physical presence calculator, do we need to write the date left Canada and date entered Canada or how?
The calculator asks you for the date you left Canada and the date you returned to Canada. For each field it specifies what must be inputted in the instructions.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
For Q13. It is the date you got visa or the date you landed. I mean is it the validity of visa or the time you spent there.
From the guide:
  • Provide the month and year (MM/YY) that you obtained each status.
  • If your status is no longer valid, provide the month and year (MM/YY) your status ended. If you still hold this status, indicate “current”.
Status is not the same as the time you have lived there. For example, if you have two study permits that are overlapping in Canada, validity June 20, 2005 to June 20, 2010 and also May 15, 2010 to May 15, 2015, your status was valid from June 20, 2005 to May 15, 2015 even if you only came to Canada on July 10, 2007. This is just an example as Canada doesn't need to be listed in this question.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Location (city): Markham
App type (single or # of people): four(4)
Physical presence days: 1750
App sent date: March 23, 2020
App delivered date: June 2, 2020
Added.
Your application took over two months to be delivered? Is that sent date correct?
By the way, if your application was delivered today you are a June applicant

veug

Jun 2, 2020
Waterloo, ON
Hi, just sent my package. Please add my details to the tracking file.

Location (city): Waterloo, ON
App type (single or # of people): 4 people
Physical presence days: 1115
App sent date: June 2, 2020
App delivered date: Estimated June 5, 2020

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hi, just sent my package. Please add my details to the tracking file.

Location (city): Waterloo, ON
App type (single or # of people): 4 people
Physical presence days: 1115
App sent date: June 2, 2020
App delivered date: Estimated June 5, 2020
added

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hi All
Thank you for your help in advance. I am planning to submit my application by end of June & I have a question regarding filling the application.
I became a PR on June 2014 by landing for 1 month & then I left for 3 years & I have came back on Apr 2017. after 2 years of that date on 2019 I have renewed my PR & also all my family members PRs. I have 2 questions:
1- Does the PR renewal can affect my nationality application in any +Ve or -Ve way?
2-When I am filling the nationality application there is the part where I have to mention all the countries I have been in during my time of absence from Canada, do I have to mention that In details? I mean if I was living for 3 years in the same country outside Canada but during these 3 years I have been traveling for vacations in other countries do I have to mention these information in details or is OK only to list my main residence country?

Thanks

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
1- Does the PR renewal can affect my nationality application in any +Ve or -Ve way?
You don't renew your PR, as PR does not expire. Renewal of your PR card however, is normal and does not impact your application. The PR card is not even one of the documents required for application.
2-When I am filling the nationality application there is the part where I have to mention all the countries I have been in during my time of absence from Canada, do I have to mention that In details? I mean if I was living for 3 years in the same country outside Canada but during these 3 years I have been traveling for vacations in other countries do I have to mention these information in details or is OK only to list my main residence country?
Are you talking about the physical presence calculator? If so, this is what it says:
"If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field."
So in the reason field, mention all the other countries you went to (vacations) during the same absence (which is when you were living in the same country for 3 years). I would recommend adding in this reason field the dates of travels to the other countries as well, for thoroughness' sake, but up to you.

Last edited:

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
A reminder for all applicants: list all your trips, even one day trips and flagpoling!

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
You don't renew your PR, as PR does not expire. Renewal of your PR card however, is normal and does impact your application. The PR card is not even one of the documents required for application.

Are you talking about the physical presence calculator? If so, this is what it says:
"If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field."
So in the reason field, mention all the other countries you went to (vacations) during the same absence (which is when you were living in the same country for 3 years). I would recommend adding in this reason field the dates of travels to the other countries as well, for thoroughness' sake, but up to you.
Thank you so much for your reply. for the PR I have already renewed it back in June 2019 and my question was because I have already renewed it I would think that might make the processing of the nationality application faster cause they already did some checking on me lately.

Thank you you so much for explaining the second part of the question. I guess I will do that in the calculator as well as in the application form.

HK6

Aug 5, 2018
Location (city): Montreal
App type (single or # of people): Family
Physical presence days: 1116
App sent date: June 1, 2020
App delivered date: Estimated June 4, 2020 by express post

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Please add me to the list.
App type : Family (3 people)
Physical presence days: 1126
App sent date : 02 june 2020
App delivered date: estimated 04 june 2020 , Fedex overnight.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As previously said, overlapping dates are mine. You do well to list it as you have done.

I would limit myself to the examples they have given - student, employment/worker, refugee, permanent residence or citizenship. A tourist status is not an immigration or citizenship status for these purposes. For instance, to study in the US you need a student visa, so that would be something you would list in this table.

From the application guide:
Results from a third-party language test
NOTE:
If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired.

I'd think your answer to this question doesn't matter. Personally I would put no if I didn't live in Quebec. Keep in mind your answer will not affect your citizenship application but do answer it.

Most of these fields should disappear once you select that it doesn't apply to you (though they reappear once you print). I just left them empty and I am sure it will be fine.

The calculator asks you for the date you left Canada and the date you returned to Canada. For each field it specifies what must be inputted in the instructions.
Thank you @melito for your help. I greatly appreciate.

For

Q 15 a – I only have photocopy of the old IELTS test report. I don't have the original. Will it work?

Q 5 - I have never changed my name. Do I still need to fill this section.

Thanks a lot.

God bless you.