+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
Mate, some of us got ghost update almost 4 weeks ago, I got ghost update on 5th Nov but no sign of PPR yet. I don't think we will see PPR before December (6 months). So keeping low expectation may help us to reduce anxiety.
Looks like it! Did you call CIC after Nov 5? When I called on Nov 5, the agent confirmed my file is approved and told me to call back only after the first week of December is over :(

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Looks like it! Did you call CIC after Nov 5? When I called on Nov 5, the agent confirmed my file is approved and told me to call back only after the first week of December is over :(
Yep called'em already and was told to wait till December 12th. She didn't say approved but said everything is done, just PPR left. So I assume its approved.

Reactions: Animesh sinha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Mate, some of us got ghost update almost 4 weeks ago, I got ghost update on 5th Nov but no sign of PPR yet. I don't think we will see PPR before December (6 months). So keeping low expectation may help us to reduce anxiety.
That is probably a good approach. Not sure if you're also part of the group which got reassigned to Sydney, NS after Approval / Ghost update. People say timelines vary from case to case. Well that is one part of the truth. The truth is that the large proportion of variance in process is actually driven by the VO and actually has nothing to do with the facts of the case. I mean, if a file is approved there is nothing really left in the file to provide the "every case is different" thingy to justify the delay.
BUT there is nothing much that can be done. So I guess we all can hope that they do send the PPR before the 6 month timeline. 5 months have gone .. what's 1 more.

Reactions: Animesh sinha

shishirkona

Jul 20, 2018
That is probably a good approach. Not sure if you're also part of the group which got reassigned to Sydney, NS after Approval / Ghost update. People say timelines vary from case to case. Well that is one part of the truth. The truth is that the large proportion of variance in process is actually driven by the VO and actually has nothing to do with the facts of the case. I mean, if a file is approved there is nothing really left in the file to provide the "every case if different" thingy to justify the delay.
BUT there is nothing much that can be done. So I guess we all can hope that they do send the PPR before the 6 month timeline. 5 months have gone .. what's 1 more.
I just have 2 more weeks before hitting 6 months. So practicing patience though not sure what to do post December 3.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
That is probably a good approach. Not sure if you're also part of the group which got reassigned to Sydney, NS after Approval / Ghost update. People say timelines vary from case to case. Well that is one part of the truth. The truth is that the large proportion of variance in process is actually driven by the VO and actually has nothing to do with the facts of the case. I mean, if a file is approved there is nothing really left in the file to provide the "every case is different" thingy to justify the delay.
Yes I am also one of the unfortunates one currently belong to Sydney,NS visa office. It feels so helpless when we know we deserve to receive the PPR before many of the applicants who got PPR recently. Who do we complain to? It feels terrible.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I just have 2 more weeks before hitting 6 months. So practicing patience though not sure what to do post December 3.
Honestly, there's nothing can be done. One can raise a CSE ... and will get the standard reply. One can call CIC and most likely will get standard reply. You can hope someone decides to pick up your file and decides to trigger the mail, Nothing more!

But having said that, I hope and pray you get the email in this week. I'm very hopeful for PPRs in this and coming week. It's already been delayed a lot. Also, if they are also serious about 6 month timeline they would have to pick up pace for June given last two weeks of Dec will see drop in activity anyways.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hey guys any news? @CoolSandy @DanFariasM @pooja jaiswal @macaly7 @Micky345 @NareshC @amypls4 and others in ip2 specially after ghost update?
Nothing yet. I have forgotten how to react on this situation. I was offline for a week so that I can disconnect and concentrate on other things. Though I checked emails everyday with hope that I will receive my golden email but hope got shattered. I am afraid another week is about to end and our timelines are going on increasing. I Hope they don’t make us wait more.

Reactions: CoolSandy

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes I am also one of the unfortunates one currently belong to Sydney,NS visa office. It feels so helpless when we know we deserve to receive the PPR before many of the applicants who got PPR recently. Who do we complain to? It feels terrible.
It is definitely terrible! Given that I'm now seeing PPRs even on September thread. But as you said we can't complain about this thing to anyone. At the end of the day this transaction is not equal from day one. They have the power to decide everything and we have no leverage in the process. Although, technically we should have some leverage as we are the "skilled immigrants" who are supposed to help their economy. It's not as if they don't gain anything from us. But they sure don't treat us the same way in application process.

sk1234

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
For people wanting to email Ralph / CSE / Email VO's:

Don't stress those people more than necessary. As long as we're still within the 6 month time period, they probably give you a standard reply. Don't ruin it for everyone by stressing them more than necessary with unnecessary questions :)
Ralph Goodale is a MP of a particular state/province and is obliged to help his constituents, his office is doing us all a favor. Would suggest to keep this option to a bare minimum and avoid multiple follow-ups.

Reactions: Chef-de-Bureau

kanchanvc

Nov 14, 2018
Hi All,

my details are given below:
AOR - June 10
Currently in IP2, not sure if we will get our PPR soon
I heard recently that it takes upto 10 months and then I also heard some June AOR cases receive their PRs in september.
Not sure why its taking such a long time.

Also what is a ghost update? any links to the information on this? :)

Thanks,
Kanchan.