+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020, Inland Spousal PR Applications

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi, I am sponsoring my spouse as an inland application and we sent the sponsorship application along with open work permit application which was received on July 3, 2020. My spouse is here on a visitor visa and her status will expire in August (she came to Canada at the end of February 2020). Since we have included OWP as part of the application, does she still need to apply for an extension to her visitor visa? I've read on the forums that the OWP application in this package will grant her implied status even if her visitor status expires. Processing times have been affected because of the COVID situation and I'm not sure if we'll get any sort of confirmation before next month, so I do not want to put her immigration status at risk.

On another note, if she has a job offer in Canada currently, is there a way to expedite the OWP application so she can start working? Or is there any alternative for her to be able to work while these applications are being processed?
I had a same situation that visa was expiring in a month after then received my application, and I have called IRCC, I was told that I don't have to apply for an extension, and im an implied status. They received inland on June 11, haven't heard anything yet.

Reactions: pvajjhala

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
I don't expect us getting our permanent AOR for a few months yet, some of early March is just getting their AORs at this time.
I really don't understand this, I see here some people from June are getting their AOR. This is really frustrating, im from June second week I haven't got anything thing yet.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I really don't understand this, I see here some people from June are getting their AOR. This is really frustrating, im from June second week I haven't got anything thing yet.
The latest AOR's to be received are early March applicants (I'm early March and have not yet received my AOR). Recently most applicants got a "pre-AOR" email - this is not to be confused with the actual AOR you get when IRCC begins working on your application. As a mid-June applicant your real AOR is likely several months (or more) away.

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
The latest AOR's to be received are early March applicants (I'm early March and have not yet received my AOR). Recently most applicants got a "pre-AOR" email - this is not to be confused with the actual AOR you get when IRCC begins working on your application. As a mid-June applicant your real AOR is likely several months (or more) away.
Did you do your biometrics? Are you now waiting for an actual AOR? One of the members here from June 11 received it's biometrics.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Did you do your biometrics? Are you now waiting for an actual AOR? One of the members here from June 11 received it's biometrics.
I suppose it's possible that a June applicant got a biometrics request email, but most likely it was actually the biometrics fee reminder email - the one almost everyone got recently reminding applicants to pay the biometrics fee if they hadn't already. I got this email. What I have not received is a biometrics request email/letter.

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
I suppose it's possible that a June applicant got a biometrics request email, but most likely it was actually the biometrics fee reminder email - the one almost everyone got recently reminding applicants to pay the biometrics fee if they hadn't already. I got this email. What I have not received is a biometrics request email/letter.
If you have not received your AOR yet, so I should be expecting mine not sooner then Aug, 2021. This is crazy, I have been living in Canada since 18 months and another two years may be.. god

rcharmed

Oct 24, 2015
Hi guys,

When can we expect the work permit for the PA? Will it be received before or after the AOR?
Has anyone linked their application to their account? I haven't been able to do it.

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
I'm June first week, but haven't received anything yet. I think nobody has an idea about when they will issue work permit for PA. Even when called IRCC, they didn't give me any info. about it. They were supposed to process about 6000 application s this month only, and 12 thousand in next two months. I'm June first week. If I don't get anything until next month, I'm expecting mine something in next year.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I'm June first week, but haven't received anything yet. I think nobody has an idea about when they will issue work permit for PA. Even when called IRCC, they didn't give me any info. about it. They were supposed to process about 6000 application s this month only, and 12 thousand in next two months. I'm June first week. If I don't get anything until next month, I'm expecting mine something in next year.
im june 8th and havent received anything either :(

zy03

Feb 15, 2016
+63
Hi! anyone who got married in canada and applied for inland sponsorship? when and how long did you get you OWP? Thanks

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi! anyone who got married in canada and applied for inland sponsorship? when and how long did you get you OWP? Thanks
No one from July has received their OWP. March is just getting this OWPs approved and sent. Currently, no one knows how long an OWP application will take at this time but I would guess about 6-7 months.

zy03

Feb 15, 2016
+63
No one from July has received their OWP. March is just getting this OWPs approved and sent. Currently, no one knows how long an OWP application will take at this time but I would guess about 6-7 months.
Appreciate your reply.. im still deciding if i should apply inland or outland.

Last edited: