+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 i got my work permit extended for one more year ( based on the job offer

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
Please advice,
I started to work in July 2019.
July 2020 I got my work permit extended for one more year (based on the new job offer from my employer that ends July 2021).
My job offer did not mention anything post PR approval period. I have submitted my ITA 3 months ago.
Should I ask my employer a new job offer stating that he will hire me POST PR period and just send it now to them? My profile on IRCC says that I have passed medical and should do biometrics ( though I gave it 2 years ago), I really do not know what to do ?? Please advice. Thank You.

maxmeomeo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
First, your english is confusing. What is I have submitted my ITA 3 months ago? I guess you submitted your application after you got ITA?
If that's correct, why do you have to worry about the job offer. You already got ITA and waiting for them to process. Your score is high enough.
Just relax.

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
First, your english is confusing. What is I have submitted my ITA 3 months ago? I guess you submitted your application after you got ITA?
If that's correct, why do you have to worry about the job offer. You already got ITA and waiting for them to process. Your score is high enough.
Just relax.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I have submitted my ITA and received AOR on July 9th.
My question is: Does the Job offer have to be specified for the period POST PR approval? because my current work permit is based on a job offer that expires in July 2021. Thank you for your advice.

maxmeomeo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Yes, you do need that. thats very important to qualify 50 points or so . Do you count that 50 points to your CRS score?

maxmeomeo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
If your job offer doesnt have that, 1- you have to ask your employer to revise showing that they will employ you infinitely 2- the officer will not count 50 scores, and you will be left with lower scores.